R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #8551
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
The "whos"??? In Europe no one knows who they are, no one drives dirt off road, and no one buys things because they run them

We all know who Andy Moore is, Touring Car and 12th ace, and if we want to buy our off-road electric stuff we follow Neil Cragg and Lee Martin.

Just to twist the knife while I have it in there, we don't buy what the Americans run in electric track because an American hasn't won an IFMAR Electric Track WC since Mike Swauger won Pro-10 in 1996!!

Again, I don't follow onroad at all because it's just not popular in north america...probably the reason why there are no world champions from here any longer...
However if we speak about offroad, the americans clearly are out in front.
lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #8552
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goos View Post
Andy is like one of the most known drivers there is Who is this Ryan you are speaking of?
Ryan is the guy who is more well known than that english chap...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #8553
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Maybe, Cavalieri Rayan ?

Great Champion

I did not think at the off road...
Yeah...I didn't even realize that this was in an onroad area of the site...I think I pinned it to my favourites when searching for a hobbywing forum....seems the best place in english for information on hobbywing.

I do not run onroad (used to do 12th scale 20 years ago) as it's just not popular at all any longer in Canada. We even race offroad at our indoor tracks. I don't think onroad is nearly as popular in the US either
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #8554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goos View Post
I think it will drop down to 170$ easily.

EuroRC is taking preorders at 159e (including 23% VAT) which means there is plenty of air in other prices. Which is pretty much the same as 170$ (no taxes)

IMHO the V3 is setting the new standard for 1/10 controllers on how a product should be. Easy, good, reliable and affordable. (I cant recall GM's being easy or reliable).
your a funny man!

how do you know the V3 is reliable..........?

do you want to put up a reliability test of a HW v's GM? Don't bother, I'm living it. I first had GM speedies, then I got some hobbywings. Well all my GM speedies are running from 2010, cannot say the same for my 3 poor hobbywings. The lights are on, but nobody is home. Will this put me off buying another hobbywing.......? Probably not, maybe, who knows........I'm still debating about the $ when I can buy an Orion for cheaper.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #8555
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

guys, what is the difference between Xerun Xtreme Stock Motor 60A witch i have and XERUN V2 Brushless Motor 60A and Xerun 60A-SD Version 2.1??? Looking to buy second and found that Xerun V2 60A is cheapest then the other one...

facebook.com/rogergrafix
roger999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #8556
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
I know this thread is in the electric onroad forum but I am following it primarily because this is where hobbywing seems to mostly inhabit.
Offroad, bluntly, is far more popular in the rc world than onroad globally(I think...don't shoot me if I'm wrong). In North America it's not even close. I realize in Europe onroad is extremely popular.
I wish onroad was more popular...I used to love racing 1/12th scale when I used to 20 years ago
OK, I won't shoot you, but I think you'll find that on-road is way more popular in the Far East, and off-road is much smaller.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #8557
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah...I didn't even realize that this was in an onroad area of the site...I think I pinned it to my favourites when searching for a hobbywing forum....seems the best place in english for information on hobbywing.

I do not run onroad (used to do 12th scale 20 years ago) as it's just not popular at all any longer in Canada. We even race offroad at our indoor tracks. I don't think onroad is nearly as popular in the US either
lol same here. I just was searching, doing my homework before I purchase.

Last time I ran onroad was brushed motors / round cells and it was Keyance all the way!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #8558
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
your a funny man!

how do you know the V3 is reliable..........?

do you want to put up a reliability test of a HW v's GM? Don't bother, I'm living it. I first had GM speedies, then I got some hobbywings. Well all my GM speedies are running from 2010, cannot say the same for my 3 poor hobbywings. The lights are on, but nobody is home. Will this put me off buying another hobbywing.......? Probably not, maybe, who knows........I'm still debating about the $ when I can buy an Orion for cheaper.
True but not accurate.

Cheaper maybe, same not!

As already been said orion is hw 2.1, which you can find it for $124 now!!

Also, "back" in 2010 speed where different and needs too. When you compare things you compare them as close as possible.

Your statement to be accurate you would need to run at the same period gm and hw.

Don't get me wrong I loved my GMs, especially the brushed ones. Best esc, non waterproof (waterproof MRT), ever back then

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #8559
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
OK, I won't shoot you, but I think you'll find that on-road is way more popular in the Far East, and off-road is much smaller.
I wish it were more popular in north america....i love it.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #8560
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
lol same here. I just was searching, doing my homework before I purchase.

Last time I ran onroad was brushed motors / round cells and it was Keyance all the way!
I think 1/10th scale onroad nitro was popular here in the toronto area in Canada about 6 years ago but just completely died...there is a small group that race in some parking lots but not much going on....a lot are racing electric "offroad" indoors on carpet (pathetic if you ask me but it's better than nothing)....1/8th scale nitro is popular too
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #8561
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With the V3 esc what version software do you need to run.
tripleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #8562
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
True but not accurate.

Cheaper maybe, same not!

As already been said orion is hw 2.1, which you can find it for $124 now!!
I find that weird when the HW 2.1 has larger dimensions then an Orion, but a HW V3 has the exact dimensions of an Orion. Also the s/w files are exactly the same as a V3, and looks exactly the same.

Quit denying it. I worked for Speed Passion when this exact same thing happened with the GT 2.0 and the HW.

Quit lying to users and just say Orion OEM's the V3's from HW
Old 04-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #8563
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
I find that weird when the HW 2.1 has larger dimensions then an Orion, but a HW V3 has the exact dimensions of an Orion. Also the s/w files are exactly the same as a V3, and looks exactly the same.

Quit denying it. I worked for Speed Passion when this exact same thing happened with the GT 2.0 and the HW.

Quit lying to users and just say Orion OEM's the V3's from HW
Im sure you have your wires crossed the V3 is not an oem Orion R10 the only similarity is the heatsink which was designed by michael anyway .The board and the specs are completetly different plus the configuration of wiring and sensor ports .

If the v3 was the orion you speak about why did it take 2 years to produce plus test which had alot of teething problems .

Trust me when i tell you the Orion is a 2.1 version of the hobbywing but with a higher current rating so maybe you can call it a 2.4 or 2.5v as it uses some higher current rated mosfets but i can also tell you that the V3 is very underated of its specs .

Anyway guys enjoy your racing
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #8564
Tech Elite

This will be the last comment on the drivers issue so we can get back to the hobbywing products and not the drivers mentioned in the Thread.

Yes you are right the American boys do dominate the off road scene as you can see that now on many result sheets throughout the world like neo2012 race being run in the uk .Americans are experts of the off road scene but there are also alot of europeans that are great to lee martin being one of them .

AS for on road electric very true you cannot catch up to the Europeans and Asians from Mr Hara to Andy moore,mr volker,mr rheinard and Jilles etc .

But the best all time drivers at this present and past who have dominated all classes they have run from on road to off road 1/10th /1/12 and 1/8th are Mr Hara and Mr hirosaka no one else can come anywhere near them and both from Japan.They are the best overall

anyway now back to hobbywing products .

thanks guys

ok lets get back to
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #8565
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
I think 1/10th scale onroad nitro was popular here in the toronto area in Canada about 6 years ago but just completely died...there is a small group that race in some parking lots but not much going on....a lot are racing electric "offroad" indoors on carpet (pathetic if you ask me but it's better than nothing)....1/8th scale nitro is popular too
here's my home track. Just converted over to clay last week. Gives you an idea of what we got going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KzFd...=youtube_gdata