R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #841
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Hi here is some (hopefully) useful advice for those of us who wish to use TURBO function but have more control about when it kicks in. How do we fancy a TURBO SWITCH to toggle it on and off as and when needed?

I for one struggle with heat due to a heavy throttle finger on my steerwheel radio (KO MARS R) to get around this and to control precisely WHEN the TURBO engages here is a set of instructions to do just this...

Firstly (On the MARS R) set all Throttle and Brake end points to 100 and set the ESC up as per normal instructions.

Next we need to access system level 3 on the radio to be able to set up key B (the one below the trigger that can be pressed by your thumb.

This button needs to be set to TH-PRS (Throttle preset) and this figure needs to be set to 100.

Next we go into the THROTTLE EPA settings and this is where a little trial and error comes in we need to set this BELOW 100 but only just below the point that the GREEN light appears on the ESC (On my MARS R this is 97).

Now as you drive you will have all the functions of Dynamic timing, boost etc but the ESC will not enter (exactly) full throttle.

Next we set the TURBO DELAY to OFF on the ESC this means that as soon as you hit the button the ESC will hit full throttle and TURBO will engage instantaneously.

In use this has proved more than effective at taming the heat and also allows for a little more ramping of the Boost settings due to Non engagement of the TURBO without pressing the Newly found TURBO BUTTON.

Hopefully the community will find this as useful as I have as it has decreased my lap times AND heat considerably.

Any questions on this PM me or mail me at { i n f o (at) Hobbywing (dot) co (dot) uk }

Hope it helps

Cherry xx

Dont want to steel your thunder and spoil your post cheery but a good friend of mine named this Voodoo.
He used it 15 years ago when 3000mah batteries were used so as to get run time on large tracks with mod brushed motors.

Works well though as long as you remember to press the button
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #842
Tech Master

Holy sh*t. That is the greatest idea i've seen for a long time! So easy, yet I never thought of it!
I'm going to do that to my Tekin and Hobbywing.
Good work. Even if you weren't the first Cherry, you brought it to the masses

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Can you post a picture of the new cap too. That I would like to see.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Extreme Stock and 120a v2.1 arrived on my doorstep yesterday from COBRARACING. The new speedies look veeeery nice Give Angelo at COBRARACING or Cannon from FERAL BATTERIES an email.

I already have the 120a V2.0 and although sharing the same dimensions, the 2.1 even just looks the part in the new blue colour. The new caps on the 2.1 will save a lot of room also.

The Extreme Stock is my brother-in-laws and it is totally different looking also, very sleek.

i will post pics tonight when the 2.1 is installed in my car.

Thanks Angelo, very happy happy happy!
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #844
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
I got a rar file from Cobra for Xerun 60A.
Now my dumb question... After extraction, how do i flash it on the esc?
My tutorial videos may help, they take 15 minutes between them but I think they will answer your question matey.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
Old 07-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Hi here is some (hopefully) useful advice for those of us who wish to use TURBO function but have more control about when it kicks in. How do we fancy a TURBO SWITCH to toggle it on and off as and when needed?

I for one struggle with heat due to a heavy throttle finger on my steerwheel radio (KO MARS R) to get around this and to control precisely WHEN the TURBO engages here is a set of instructions to do just this...

Firstly (On the MARS R) set all Throttle and Brake end points to 100 and set the ESC up as per normal instructions.

Next we need to access system level 3 on the radio to be able to set up key B (the one below the trigger that can be pressed by your thumb.

This button needs to be set to TH-PRS (Throttle preset) and this figure needs to be set to 100.

Next we go into the THROTTLE EPA settings and this is where a little trial and error comes in we need to set this BELOW 100 but only just below the point that the GREEN light appears on the ESC (On my MARS R this is 97).

Now as you drive you will have all the functions of Dynamic timing, boost etc but the ESC will not enter (exactly) full throttle.

Next we set the TURBO DELAY to OFF on the ESC this means that as soon as you hit the button the ESC will hit full throttle and TURBO will engage instantaneously.

In use this has proved more than effective at taming the heat and also allows for a little more ramping of the Boost settings due to Non engagement of the TURBO without pressing the Newly found TURBO BUTTON.

Hopefully the community will find this as useful as I have as it has decreased my lap times AND heat considerably.

Any questions on this PM me or mail me at { i n f o (at) Hobbywing (dot) co (dot) uk }

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
cool idea. Can this be used with other radios such as a FUT 3PM? don't remember what functions that had...
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #846
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey guys, how do you wire the motor for brushed mode? I checked the manual and did a search, but can't seem to find out how to do it. Anybody got a diagram?

Thanks!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #847
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
hey guys, how do you wire the motor for brushed mode? I checked the manual and did a search, but can't seem to find out how to do it. Anybody got a diagram?

Thanks!!!

They dont do brushed
Old 07-23-2010, 12:04 AM   #848
BRC
Tech Adept

Cherry XX...
Great idea... thought of it but didn't have the will to do it...
i think there won't be a problem for futaba controllers since the button is used usually for nitro car's starting...

But i do need some advice for Spektrum DX3s....
Can it be done on this controller? As the button at the thumb seems for the timer

Another question guys....
Do you all see significant difference (speed/temp) running the MOD (5.5T) software from the updates as compared to the software that comes as-is (out of the box)....

and whats the difference with the update given on 20/5/2010 and the recent 8/6/2010...??? stock turbo better???
Mini: M05 Xevo conversion
Mini Z: Atomic BZ
BRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
They dont do brushed
ugh. you're right, option for brushed isnt available using the programmer
Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #850
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
spot on but you can also use the justock for the parking lot .can run down to a 10.5T motor but no turbo timing software can be loaded

and its cheaper
So are you saying this will work on an eZrun system but you wont have turbo, and you can only us a 10.5T motor?

So all features of this firmware will work with eZrun but Turbo? I hope I didn't read this post wrong. Would love to have these features on the ezrun.
Johnny-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #851
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Union View Post
So are you saying this will work on an eZrun system but you wont have turbo, and you can only us a 10.5T motor?

So all features of this firmware will work with eZrun but Turbo? I hope I didn't read this post wrong. Would love to have these features on the ezrun.
No wont work on ezrun, different hardware etc, also no sensor, use ezrun 'as is' just ramp up the timing to full lol.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #852
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm new here...

I'm playing with a lot of my friend using Tekin RS Pro together with Tekin 10.5T motor. They said their end rpm for this track 200feets straight is around 18000RPM they are really fast. That's mean my end rpm should be higher a bit than them due to I'm using 11.5T motor. Is that correct in order to improve my top speed so that can catch up with them?

Item #9 and #12 is for top speed right? Track 200feets straight I should maximize this and minimize item #13 and #15 for low temp. Between #9 and #12 which one should be higher and lower for best results?

Items #13 and #15 is for pickup right? Track 100feets straight I should maximize this and minimize item #9 and #12 for low temp. Between #13 and #15 which one should be higher and lower for best results?

Item #14 Turbo Delay - Got effect on top speed for 200feet track or not if I use OFF? How about 100feet track if I also use OFF? Why must we use delay? It's already stated in the Stock Firmware Instruction that the turbo will only kick out at fully throttle but at correct setting value only. What if our setting come earlier but our delay still not on? Any power loss? Any advise on this?

Tekin software item#9 can go more than 21degrees but I also heard Orca software can go up until 30degrees. We can only go until 21degrees. Any impact on this between motor speed and should we use mechanical motor timing + esc timing in order to get parelel with their timing?? Any advise??

Thx..
stoichpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #853
McX
Tech Rookie

Is the same LCD programming box (I use with xerun a60) will work for New extreme as well?

P.s. xerun 60 is for amaizing price now!!!
McX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #854
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by McX View Post
Is the same LCD programming box (I use with xerun a60) will work for New extreme as well?

P.s. xerun 60 is for amaizing price now!!!

yes it will work 100% with the turbo timing software and the lcd box .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:29 AM   #855
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I ran against the new V208 tekin yesterday in 17.5 and had no worries against it with bottom end and top speed running FDR 5.1, 10 degrees timing on the can, 15 degrees timing boost and 2 turbo. The driver on the other hand was much better

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote