Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

but pay twice seems like a scam.
as he went well in 2.1, now want to get rich.
just think about money.
before speaking ill of the other esc and now they are just
Old 04-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Nice to see Andy Moore is now running Hobbywing. For the Reliability alone the price is just fine. then there is the performance.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Clinton

The HW V3 is only $210 in Australia

The new footprint is 37 x 31 ... the older version is 43 x 36
Hey bud I believe hw is good enough to warrant $200 for a speedy I've been though a number of lrp and it took a cheap hw 120 to give me trouble free running I just think they should of stayed that little bit cheaper because they where killing it at there prices before.

Any how enough said about It. I enjoy hw
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

has been waiting for the v3 for some time now, but for $220 ill stick with my trusted xtremestock and 120a.

still curious about the bluetooth device!

speed passion is offering a bt device to their reventon so might wait for their new 120a and get that if the price is right
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Where's IRGO??? The new speedy has a friggin data logger built in. I bet he is wetting his pants in cyberspace somewhere
I tested out the logger this past weekend... Motor temp, ESC temp and voltage all work great, and the RPM works fine too, but guess what... one kerb jump and the rpm is useless as you'll get a false reading... I'm sure that was mentioned in past but hey, the option is there.

Originally Posted by smilekt
any one already test V3 ... hehehe
Yes, and very good it is too... a deffinate step on from the 2.1, a very very good bit of kit, both in terms of tuneability and feel. And Mr Moore thinks so too
Old 04-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
I just think they should of stayed that little bit cheaper because they where killing it at there prices before
Yes, but they still are at these prices : Xerun V2.1 is available.
It's only a new product from a higher range, so a higher price.

It's not like HW had sut down all the product, and only sell Xerun V3.

Even at $220+$20 for LCD box, it makes almost the same price than Orion R10 + LCD Box (165+70=235), for an ESC that is new and supposed to be better than the Orion R10 (which is supposed to be between V2.1 and V3).

Now for everybody, let's see if the "supposed" are reality, but please, don't compare something with other things without taking all the points that has to be compared.

Originally Posted by Bappe
still curious about the bluetooth device!

speed passion is offering a bt device to their reventon so might wait for their new 120a and get that if the price is right
That's right, nothing on the bluetooth connection announced some month ago.

Regarding SP, the Reventon Pro (140A) is not out yet, and every Reventon (40A, 70A and 140A) need a option module for Bluetooth/Android or Wifi/iPhone, that has to be bought too, it's not comming with the ESC.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FFred
Yes, but they still are at these prices : Xerun V2.1 is available.
It's only a new product from a higher range, so a higher price.

It's not like HW had sut down all the product, and only sell Xerun V3.

Even at $220+$20 for LCD box, it makes almost the same price than Orion R10 + LCD Box (165+70=235), for an ESC that is new and supposed to be better than the Orion R10 (which is supposed to be between V2.1 and V3).

Now for everybody, let's see if the "supposed" are reality, but please, don't compare something with other things without taking all the points that has to be compared.
Finally someone gets it

I cant think of many products that are a vast improvement over the previous model (cars, computers etc) that are cheaper or the same price.

The one thing some people have forgotten is that the prices of the 2.1 dropped over the last 9 monhs or so because of the news that a new ESC was on the way. That has artificially made the gap even larger
Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Geberit
More functions is not always an advantage I would say for the most regulare drivers more a down side
This makes me smile

However, the ORION is not a version V3, but it takes the same money to buy a V3 HW
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 AM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Starting to get round to more sites....few comments as well:

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147063
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dumper
You mean the info you took from:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6396186&type=1

and did not bother to credit?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AGNO
Attention, ORION costs "only" $ 165, but only works
Angelo However, there is a need for clarity on the true price of V3, particularly in Europe
What do you mean?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The highest ive seen the price for the v3 is $220 .Bishop can you show me the $265 pricing what website and which shop id like to have a look.
It's what CRC promoted as being the RRP, with retail being $230 from memory, either way $265 being anywhere within a promoted anything for a HW seems crazy.

What I do find funny is some of the promotion in general, things like data logging, a feature originally promised on the old model, as was certain other things, including a handful of stuff we never saw (revolutionary new way of cooling or something?).

Also this is a base price (so after forcing everyone to buy some other recent kit with programmers we already had?), programmer is still needed ($30 most places I checked), and all the talk of new ways of programing, that I'm guessing will be much more costly based on the V3 pricing.

And I'm a little critical of some of the features list, while innovation is being claimed, basically everything comes from other brands, so it's more imitation at best, I looked at the software (and was instantly disappointed), from what I can figure the GM's still do more, and I think their 90 claims around the same turn limit which is weird, making it a tiny bit cheaper possibly, if I were to spend that much I'd get the GM for sure (if only they would pick up a real distribution network outside of Europe).

But right now, I look at the V3, and realize as pretty as it may be, for 'the best in China', it's really pushing the limit of it's origins releasing above a whole field of far more established brands, and a couple new ones offering features I expected to see but don't (servo voltage control anyone?).

So I'm sorry but, $150-$175 I'd have been sort of impressed, where it sits right now having seen it's features, I think it's actually very disappointing, in fact I think the bling factor is blinding people to the fact it's not 'that' impressive.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bishop
So I'm sorry but, $150-$175 I'd have been sort of impressed, where it sits right now having seen it's features, I think it's actually very disappointing, in fact I think the bling factor is blinding people to the fact it's not 'that' impressive.
I think it will drop down to 170$ easily.

EuroRC is taking preorders at 159e (including 23% VAT) which means there is plenty of air in other prices. Which is pretty much the same as 170$ (no taxes)

IMHO the V3 is setting the new standard for 1/10 controllers on how a product should be. Easy, good, reliable and affordable. (I cant recall GM's being easy or reliable).
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually it is about $208

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amoun...rom=EUR&To=USD
Old 04-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The 60 amp on a 10.5T boosted will work just fine it will get a little hotter than normal but will be fine and powerful .If you want to run lower than a 10.5T better go with the 120 amp will run cooler and be more efficient

I am running 60Amp Xerun V2.1 on LRP X12 10.5T boosted + turbo. I currently run FDR of 5.5, no fan on the controller! I can boost and turbo as much as I like, I can burn the motor, but ESC is always below 50 deg C!
I run short 12 AWG wires, TQ 4mm plugs and optional 4-cap module.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.