Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #8416
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
first sign of US pricing....oooh...hard to stomach....$240

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...1-12-car-black
Ill be sticking with my v2.1 unless the price drops, Thats to much to pay.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #8417
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:

Wow, you can tell they are related!
Maybe in case but hardware wise, orion is the 2.1

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #8418
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
Maybe in case but hardware wise, orion is the 2.1
I think the designer said it was between 2.1 and 3.0...

I sure am hoping it's not going to be $240...even $200 is a stretch...
Orion has a big name and I think the go for $220 for the 160A R10
lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #8419
lip
Tech Regular

That store has the V2 for sale at $99...that is a good deal...
Strange that they seem to be the distributor for North America but their price is lower than any retailer...they can't be happy!

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...-for-10th-blue
Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #8420
Tech Initiate

Is the reverse mode bug solved in the beta 3.0 software? I can't try it myself because I always get a corrupted download
Gusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #8421
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
Everything you said is correct and the only one making more $$$ out of this will be the distributors.

Hobbywing is trying to create an element of prestige and by narrowing of supply lines to ensure the return on investment goes back to suppliers..but will this build up better service at point of sale . Well someone thought this up but i can tell you that point of sale replys are always the same hear in aus...send it back yourself
My son and i act as hobbywing champions at our track as we have gained a lot of experience in the fault( some one needs to rewrite the manual) and we did it because we like the product. we like winning and racing with our mates
Thats the nature of our race track and our club to ensue that your race mates have as good a night as you do
WE have activily sent back to Tinkerbell ESCS from our club as an effort and proved this to be a good option rather than buying a new one( Thanks tinkerbell and Jack )
From A DADS point of view it was a cost effective answer that did not need a laptop to link up with to program.
You were guaranteed a good price due to the competive nature off EBAY
Fins and cooling Fans showed an apparent for thought re heat and longivity( man tekins are so small) and looked a bit bling.

Our local supplier offers them at price that you simply cant afford but to give them credit at least he MIGHT have one but as for support well its sibts.
as for some coments on fakes and ebay distributor well forgeries are the greatest complement to a manufacturer and the guys on the net paid hobbywing and we paid them so who lost out thier...just some aussie distributor who was hopping for a better return on his investment

NOW FOCUS I HAVE A HOBBY WING 1S THAT DOES NOT WORK AS PER THE SPECIFICATIONS IT WAS SOLD
THIS IS THE HOBBYWING SUPPORT LINE FOR SOFTWARE
REGARDS ANDREW
Just be patient until the product is released like any product on the market the price does come down in time .
Don't forget there are alot of costs that were generated during the r and d of the v3 because it is a new unit from the ground up nothing has been used from previous esc's.

As for the fakes well your not in my place of business or support when i receive so many emails from people that have been scammed from ebay sellers and are asking for my help for paypal reports to receive a refunds this does take most of my time .

As for the Aussie distributor as you may say wanting to make a huge profit on his investment well id swap your salary for mine anytime and the headaches that go along with it but i guess that is business and support .

If the product is under warranty and it is a warranty issue there is no issue with the local distributor sorting it out for you in an exchange when out of warranty the unit must be returned to china for repair as china has the only facility in the world to restore the factory settings of the esc and thats the reason why plus more.please read the hobbywing policy of warranty on the hobbywing website and you will understand.

I hope you understand were we stand and we are there to help you and you have a right to your opinion .

take care and happy racing and i hope one day your son gets to the stage were hobbywing might sponsor him in the future .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #8422
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
And they are also doing the same thing with the Justock esc, restricting supply to a "few" ebay sellers.
$100 for a Justock esc on ebay when you can get the Xtreme Stock esc for the same price? Good luck with that. That is until they apply the same rational to that esc as well
I'm just glad I got my esc before this policy.

Cheers
Rob.

Hi Rob

can you please send me a link were you saw the Justock for $100 ?

thank you and i will await your reply
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #8423
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusi View Post
Is the reverse mode bug solved in the beta 3.0 software? I can't try it myself because I always get a corrupted download
send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com and i will send you the software to load.

If you like please find me on skype under teamcobraracing and we can work on the issue via chat .
Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #8424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Rob

can you please send me a link were you saw the Justock for $100 ?

thank you and i will await your reply
Sent you the link in pm.
Also sent you a link to the same seller that is selling the Xrteme stock for a lower price.

Not a good way to promote and encourage club level racers with a spec level esc that's more expensive then the next model up.

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #8425
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
first sign of US pricing....oooh...hard to stomach....$240

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...1-12-car-black
Not sure what all the complaining is about. Have you even looked at all this ESC can do? The closest competition in terms of programable items is the Novak kinetic. Which if i remember I paid 225$ for it when it came out. As soon as it was available I got it. Now I know Tekin has been a work horse, but it is still 170 or 200$ depending on if you get the pro or not. But even it does not have all the stuff packed into this esc. I didn't expect anything less really. Especially considering the orion which doesn't do any of the new stuff is retailing for 220$. I just placed my order.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #8426
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Not sure what all the complaining is about. Have you even looked at all this ESC can do? The closest competition in terms of programable items is the Novak kinetic. Which if i remember I paid 225$ for it when it came out. As soon as it was available I got it. Now I know Tekin has been a work horse, but it is still 170 or 200$ depending on if you get the pro or not. But even it does not have all the stuff packed into this esc. I didn't expect anything less really. Especially considering the orion which doesn't do any of the new stuff is retailing for 220$. I just placed my order.
I've said it a bunch of times...I'll probably still get it as I've waited so long...

However, they can put as many cool features in it as they want but if they think they are going to gain any significant business pricing their product higher than the name brands with little to no local hobbyshop support or even availability at bigger places like amainhobbies, they are kidding themselves...
Their main distributor is selling the XERUN 2.1 for $99 but they want $240 for this upgrade...that's a bit steep. I personally think a fair price that would sell in big quantities would be around $150...

Good luck to them...worst case is they just brand label this for Orion(probably will eventually) and make their money that way.

PS-I'd like to order it but Hobbywing's suggested retailer in North America has not been informed of anything about the product...
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #8427
Tech Fanatic

I have a JustStock esc. This weekend in a crash the tabs on my motorcan came together and sparked. After that my esc won't work anymore. It turns on and red lights blinks, throttle and brake turns light green but motor won't work. I have tried 3 different motors and a different receivers. Do you think the esc is done?

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #8428
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
running 508 zero timing when michael sorted out the 930 mod and the 930 stock for voltage cut off he completly forgot about the 1s for zero timing .I know there is a fix on the way .time frame i dont know .some people might think owe its a simple fix and just some number and letters in the program but its not it is a big task believe it or not .
Its not about the one im going to buy>>>>>> Its about the one IV GOT
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West

Last edited by JAM Racing; 04-02-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: typo
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 AM   #8429
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
And they are also doing the same thing with the Justock esc, restricting supply to a "few" ebay sellers.
$100 for a Justock esc on ebay when you can get the Xtreme Stock esc for the same price? Good luck with that. That is until they apply the same rational to that esc as well
I'm just glad I got my esc before this policy.

Cheers
Rob.
Rob,

From what I have seen in the past certain retailers have sold the product from China etc with virtually no mark up.(I am talking about $1 mark ups) This is great for the hobbyist but it makes it impossible for HW to sell its product to retailers in other countries as these retailers have to pay freighting costs, local taxes (GST etc) which makes the product more expensive and it impossible for these overseas retailers to compete so they dont bother. As the manufacturer, HW has to make a decision on how they approach selling their product around the world.

I have also seen Chinese retailers who have sold both genuine and fake HW ESC's which is another issue.

Just giving you an alternative view
Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #8430
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Rob,

From what I have seen in the past certain retailers have sold the product from China etc with virtually no mark up.(I am talking about $1 mark ups) This is great for the hobbyist but it makes it impossible for HW to sell its product to retailers in other countries as these retailers have to pay freighting costs, local taxes (GST etc) which makes the product more expensive and it impossible for these overseas retailers to compete so they dont bother. As the manufacturer, HW has to make a decision on how they approach selling their product around the world.

I have also seen Chinese retailers who have sold both genuine and fake HW ESC's which is another issue.

Just giving you an alternative view
Greg, I can understand and appreciate the reasons behind HW decision in regards to the new V3 esc, HW has spent a good amount of time, R&D and testing in getting a new product on the market and want a return for that effort.
I too have worked in the retail industry selling computers and accessories. All to often we'd receive the "I can get it cheaper on ebay" line, and no matter what we said about support for local business's and offering local support. If someone has only X amount of $ they were going to get it where they can within their budget, especially if they have a limited income, so I can also appreciate the view you are giving to me along with the frustrations that the local guy faces within any retail industry.
Again I was pointing out the fact that the pricing on the Justock on ebay was the same if not higher then the Xtreme stock esc. I'm fairly confident that those selling the Justock for $100AU+ on ebay will have them sitting in their warehouses gathering dust for a good amount of time.

Anyway, I'm happy with my HW esc I like the convenience of the 2 in 1 programming box, the quality of the wires which are more easy to solder and I'll recommend them to others for the good value that they are.
Sorry for taking things off topic in this thread, I'll try to refrain from doing so in the future.

Cheers
Rob.

Last edited by ta04evah; 04-02-2012 at 03:52 AM.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote