R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #8401
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragont View Post
If no boost is allowed, I would test out which is better. Personally, I run Tekin, and they're latest version is awesome. I just like the "full" capability of wide adjustment capability. That's just my opinion. Although, I've always wondered about the "amperage" thing (120a), because Tekin doesn't advertise it (I could be wrong). There are others out there that puts out the same or even better, but is it worth it to run in "stock" class? I don't know... At my local track, nobody runs that brand...not even for 1/12th class. But, for 1/10 stock TC, WGT, and 1/12....the majority of us run either Tekin or LRP.
The amp rating is less important than the internal resistance of the ESC for stock racing.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #8402
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Yeah, from what I'm seeing/reading/hearing, the 'able to buy' price of the V3, will be as near as dead on the Tekin RS Pro price from a couple of places online.

Not so sure how that will wash in many markets, I believe the Tekin is still smaller and possibly lighter (needs no fan/sink), and it will mean the Orion versions will be cheaper (again depending where you buy), with the Orion not being all 'that' much bigger in size.

So it's a hard sell for the V3, or at least could be till it gets around the net sellers, though with us being told they undervalue the brand (and thus may be locked out), if that don't happen better bargains 'will' be had from other brands.

They will learn...I might rethink this purchase if its as expensive as they are selling them in Europe...
lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #8403
Tech Fanatic

Default your on the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Yeah, from what I'm seeing/reading/hearing, the 'able to buy' price of the V3, will be as near as dead on the Tekin RS Pro price from a couple of places online.

Not so sure how that will wash in many markets, I believe the Tekin is still smaller and possibly lighter (needs no fan/sink), and it will mean the Orion versions will be cheaper (again depending where you buy), with the Orion not being all 'that' much bigger in size.

So it's a hard sell for the V3, or at least could be till it gets around the net sellers, though with us being told they undervalue the brand (and thus may be locked out), if that don't happen better bargains 'will' be had from other brands.
Everything you said is correct and the only one making more $$$ out of this will be the distributors.

Hobbywing is trying to create an element of prestige and by narrowing of supply lines to ensure the return on investment goes back to suppliers..but will this build up better service at point of sale . Well someone thought this up but i can tell you that point of sale replys are always the same hear in aus...send it back yourself
My son and i act as hobbywing champions at our track as we have gained a lot of experience in the fault( some one needs to rewrite the manual) and we did it because we like the product. we like winning and racing with our mates
Thats the nature of our race track and our club to ensue that your race mates have as good a night as you do
WE have activily sent back to Tinkerbell ESCS from our club as an effort and proved this to be a good option rather than buying a new one( Thanks tinkerbell and Jack )
From A DADS point of view it was a cost effective answer that did not need a laptop to link up with to program.
You were guaranteed a good price due to the competive nature off EBAY
Fins and cooling Fans showed an apparent for thought re heat and longivity( man tekins are so small) and looked a bit bling.

Our local supplier offers them at price that you simply cant afford but to give them credit at least he MIGHT have one but as for support well its sibts.
as for some coments on fakes and ebay distributor well forgeries are the greatest complement to a manufacturer and the guys on the net paid hobbywing and we paid them so who lost out thier...just some aussie distributor who was hopping for a better return on his investment

NOW FOCUS I HAVE A HOBBY WING 1S THAT DOES NOT WORK AS PER THE SPECIFICATIONS IT WAS SOLD
THIS IS THE HOBBYWING SUPPORT LINE FOR SOFTWARE
REGARDS ANDREW
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #8404
Tech Rookie

Exactly my local shops we have 3 in 40 mile area all sell for at least 20% more then the internet prices and 2 of the 3 shops know less about the products then my son does and he is just starting the hobby. I run in 2 races here a month and win around 60% now that I have most of my competition running hobbywing motors and escs... I wont buy local until they realize we need a shop that is willing to learn the products and be supportive of the hobby, not be all about the money.
maciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #8405
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
The amp rating is less important than the internal resistance of the ESC for stock racing.
Yes...that is correct for stock racing.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #8406
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
Everything you said is correct and the only one making more $$$ out of this will be the distributors.

Hobbywing is trying to create an element of prestige and by narrowing of supply lines to ensure the return on investment goes back to suppliers..but will this build up better service at point of sale . Well someone thought this up but i can tell you that point of sale replys are always the same hear in aus...send it back yourself
My son and i act as hobbywing champions at our track as we have gained a lot of experience in the fault( some one needs to rewrite the manual) and we did it because we like the product. we like winning and racing with our mates
Thats the nature of our race track and our club to ensue that your race mates have as good a night as you do
WE have activily sent back to Tinkerbell ESCS from our club as an effort and proved this to be a good option rather than buying a new one( Thanks tinkerbell and Jack )
From A DADS point of view it was a cost effective answer that did not need a laptop to link up with to program.
You were guaranteed a good price due to the competive nature off EBAY
Fins and cooling Fans showed an apparent for thought re heat and longivity( man tekins are so small) and looked a bit bling.

Our local supplier offers them at price that you simply cant afford but to give them credit at least he MIGHT have one but as for support well its sibts.
as for some coments on fakes and ebay distributor well forgeries are the greatest complement to a manufacturer and the guys on the net paid hobbywing and we paid them so who lost out thier...just some aussie distributor who was hopping for a better return on his investment

NOW FOCUS I HAVE A HOBBY WING 1S THAT DOES NOT WORK AS PER THE SPECIFICATIONS IT WAS SOLD
THIS IS THE HOBBYWING SUPPORT LINE FOR SOFTWARE
REGARDS ANDREW
+1 What can i say, seems Hobbywing are intent on disenfranchising the club people that got them the market share they have. At least our local track supplier is pretty price competitive with HK + Shipping.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #8407
Tech Initiate

Default Difference between MOD and STOCK firmwares

What is the difference between following firmwares:

- V3.0_110930STOCK
- V3.0_110930_MOD

I noticed that both of them have the same timing options in the Advanced tab, but in the MOD firmware "Boost Start RPM" and "Boost Timing ACC" are disabled. Also the default values are different.

I am using the ESC in 1/10 SC truck with 8.5T and 10.5T motors.
micsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #8408
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=276
Aoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:58 AM   #8409
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
+1 What can i say, seems Hobbywing are intent on disenfranchising the club people that got them the market share they have.
And they are also doing the same thing with the Justock esc, restricting supply to a "few" ebay sellers.
$100 for a Justock esc on ebay when you can get the Xtreme Stock esc for the same price? Good luck with that. That is until they apply the same rational to that esc as well
I'm just glad I got my esc before this policy.

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #8410
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoh View Post
Data logger looks awesome...not sure they had it before. Profiles are also nice. On/Off button and dedicated programming port is the bees knees...

I'll pick it up but I'm not sure many will if it's going to be priced like a Tekin or LRP or Orion regardless if it's better or not.

LIP
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #8411
lip
Tech Regular

Wow, you can tell they are related!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #8412
lip
Tech Regular

first sign of US pricing....oooh...hard to stomach....$240

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...1-12-car-black
Old 04-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #8413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
first sign of US pricing....oooh...hard to stomach....$240

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...1-12-car-black
Agreed V2 here i come....much more affordable....for those prices might as well go tekin and better customer service!!! sorry
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #8414
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post

Wow, you can tell they are related!
Of course ... ORION is manufactured by Hobbywing

But Orion is not a version 3, Xerun has a much more advanced software.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #8415
lip
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Of course ... ORION is manufactured by Hobbywing

But Orion is not a version 3, Xerun has a much more advanced software.

Yes...that's kind of what I was saying...