Old 07-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

email sent thanks..
Old 07-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Turbo on / off switch

Hi here is some (hopefully) useful advice for those of us who wish to use TURBO function but have more control about when it kicks in. How do we fancy a TURBO SWITCH to toggle it on and off as and when needed?

I for one struggle with heat due to a heavy throttle finger on my steerwheel radio (KO MARS R) to get around this and to control precisely WHEN the TURBO engages here is a set of instructions to do just this...

Firstly (On the MARS R) set all Throttle and Brake end points to 100 and set the ESC up as per normal instructions.

Next we need to access system level 3 on the radio to be able to set up key B (the one below the trigger that can be pressed by your thumb.

This button needs to be set to TH-PRS (Throttle preset) and this figure needs to be set to 100.

Next we go into the THROTTLE EPA settings and this is where a little trial and error comes in we need to set this BELOW 100 but only just below the point that the GREEN light appears on the ESC (On my MARS R this is 97).

Now as you drive you will have all the functions of Dynamic timing, boost etc but the ESC will not enter (exactly) full throttle.

Next we set the TURBO DELAY to OFF on the ESC this means that as soon as you hit the button the ESC will hit full throttle and TURBO will engage instantaneously.

In use this has proved more than effective at taming the heat and also allows for a little more ramping of the Boost settings due to Non engagement of the TURBO without pressing the Newly found TURBO BUTTON.

Hopefully the community will find this as useful as I have as it has decreased my lap times AND heat considerably.

Any questions on this PM me or mail me at { i n f o (at) Hobbywing (dot) co (dot) uk }

Hope it helps

Cherry xx

Last edited by cherry2blost; 07-20-2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Typo's
Old 07-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi here is some (hopefully) useful advice for those of us who wish to use TURBO function but have more control about when it kicks in. How do we fancy a TURBO SWITCH to toggle it on and off as and when needed?

I for one struggle with heat due to a heavy throttle finger on my steerwheel radio (KO MARS R) to get around this and to control precisely WHEN the TURBO engages here is a set of instructions to do just this...

Firstly (On the MARS R) set all Throttle and Brake end points to 100 and set the ESC up as per normal instructions.

Next we need to access system level 3 on the radio to be able to set up key B (the one below the trigger that can be pressed by your thumb.

This button needs to be set to TH-PRS (Throttle preset) and this figure needs to be set to 100.

Next we go into the THROTTLE EPA settings and this is where a little trial and error comes in we need to set this BELOW 100 but only just below the point that the GREEN light appears on the ESC (On my MARS R this is 97).

Now as you drive you will have all the functions of Dynamic timing, boost etc but the ESC will not enter (exactly) full throttle.

Next we set the TURBO DELAY to OFF on the ESC this means that as soon as you hit the button the ESC will hit full throttle and TURBO will engage instantaneously.

In use this has proved more than effective at taming the heat and also allows for a little more ramping of the Boost settings due to Non engagement of the TURBO without pressing the Newly found TURBO BUTTON.

Hopefully the community will find this as useful as I have as it has decreased my lap times AND heat considerably.

Any questions on this PM me or mail me at { i n f o (at) Hobbywing (dot) co (dot) uk }

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
This can work well assuming the end points does not stray over the entire heat. It happens on some radio systems..

Awesome idea by the way....
Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
New update

for XERUN-120A, Xtreme_STOCK , we have fixed the problem when TH is set to "NOR" on the 4pk futaba radio it seemed to cut out mid throttle but was ok when it was in rev.

The software name hasnt changed its the same as the last update but by reloading the software will fix this issue.

Please email me at [email protected] and we will send you out the software .

thank you for your time
how are you fixing a bug for a product that is not for sale yet?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by redbones
Update is also valid for the series Xerun 60/120
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherry2blost

Hope it helps

Cherry xx
Sweet idea Cherry. A F-duct for the HW racers
Old 07-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

apologies if this has already been mentioned, but,

what is the difference between

... the XERUN-120A and the Xtreme-STOCK?

i think i will only be using my speedo for 13.5T and so i am leaning towards the XERUN-60A ...

Last edited by chinaman; 07-21-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

First the xtreme stock is on sale all around the world ,also the software works with the 60amp and 120 amp xerun series
Old 07-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
First the xtreme stock is on sale all around the world ,also the software works with the 60amp and 120 amp xerun series
care to list down the stores that have them? Google doesn't help. HW said they will go through a distributor to reach more people. One would think towerhobbies, horizon, or any of the main online stores would have them if they are supposed to be in the mainstream channels. maybe the name changed?
Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

care to list down the stores that have them? Google doesn't help. HW said they will go through a distributor to reach more people. One would think towerhobbies, horizon, or any of the main online stores would have them if they are supposed to be in the mainstream channels. maybe the name changed?
Extreme Stock and 120a v2.1 arrived on my doorstep yesterday from COBRARACING. The new speedies look veeeery nice Give Angelo at COBRARACING or Cannon from FERAL BATTERIES an email.

I already have the 120a V2.0 and although sharing the same dimensions, the 2.1 even just looks the part in the new blue colour. The new caps on the 2.1 will save a lot of room also.

The Extreme Stock is my brother-in-laws and it is totally different looking also, very sleek.

i will post pics tonight when the 2.1 is installed in my car.

Thanks Angelo, very happy happy happy!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default 720 software

Does anyone know what differences the latest 720 software has, as found on the downloads section of the hobbywing website?

Mike
Old 07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Does anyone know what differences the latest 720 software has, as found on the downloads section of the hobbywing website?

Mike
From what i know, the new software is specially for 4pk user because of the different signal emitted by 4pk. Beside that, the program is similar to 0528
Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Think the guy was asking where the public, non owners, can get them, obviously NOT everybody who is looking to by a Speedo will be on here to see Angelo's email address. What is the ETA for general shop release/advertising run of these items so that the buying public can purchase them and get Hobbywing shifting boxes.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

I got a rar file from Cobra for Xerun 60A.
Now my dumb question... After extraction, how do i flash it on the esc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.