R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #8236
Tech Rookie

Default latest xtreme software

please can some one send me a link to the latest xtreme software i cant find it any where.this is all new to me

thanks in advance jacko690
jacko690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #8237
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko690 View Post
please can some one send me a link to the latest xtreme software i cant find it any where.this is all new to me

thanks in advance jacko690
http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218
mcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #8238
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpoet View Post
From my reading of the rules (and commentary on them), 550's were limited to 2 poles to be race legal. Thus why the Tekin goes 540 for the 4pole.

For a list of pre-approved motors (no TenShock):
http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/....php?ordby=imp
Yeah this all came about last year around June for the 4x4 SCT class because of this .....

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=1224

I'm very surprised the Castle 1410 isn't listed. Anyway I have been using the Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro with a Castle 1410 in my SC10 4x4 for awhile now and its been great. I would like to eventually get a sensored 540 4 pole, which Hobbywing does make, but its not on ROAR's list.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7719292

4000kv would be just perfect for me Hobbywing had other motors on the approved list, would be nice if this one was also.
Johnny-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #8239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm a tiny bit confused by the V3 firmware update on the Justock, I only just noticed today that overheat protection has been disabled/removed, the other thing is ever since the updated to V3 firmware from the V1, I'm almost sure it's been a touch slower as well.

Overheat has me puzzled unless it's a sensor checking thing, though I'm running a HW motor and when I back grade to V1 it's back working again in the programmer, so what did get changed in V3???
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #8240
Tech Rookie

Default update extreme

hi all
thanks for the link but thats for the usb software i want to update my esc .or am i missing something.this is all new to me i have never done this before.plesase can somone help me
jacko690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #8241
M7H
Tech Elite

The USB link software contains ALL the latest firmwares for ALL the hobbywing Xerun ESC's, from the 60A to the 150A...

You need to install it on you computer, and connect your ESC to the computer via the 2 in 1 program box, then you can upload any firmware to your ESC which is designed for it, the program automatically detects your ESC type, and shows only those firmwares relevant for your ESC.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #8242
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko690 View Post
hi all
thanks for the link but thats for the usb software i want to update my esc .or am i missing something.this is all new to me i have never done this before.plesase can somone help me
First install the software in the link.
2. Plug in your 2in1 program box to the USB.
3. open the the software.
4. In device menu select he program box. Select the Software Tab. This will tell you if you have the latest firmware for the box. If not update by clicking on "Upgrade" button. For good measure do it twice V1.08 is the latest for the box.
5. Now plug the ESC in to the program box. Make sure the negative lead (black) is matched to the box designation.
6. plug the battery into the ESC and turn the switch on.
7. Under device menu select ESC. The software will detect the ESC
8. Under the Software tab, you will see a list of firmware for your particular ESC. The latest mod version is V3.0_110930_MOD the latest Boosted Stock is V3.0_110930STOCK. In the drop down menu choose the version you want to update the ESC to. Then click the upgrade button. It will update the firmware. For good measure do it twice.
9. Once you have adjusted the setting to your liking, on each tab press apply. Then when you are done just switch the ESC off. And unplug.

Hope this helps. There is a great video on youtube that explains all this too.

Last edited by macdude; 03-18-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added a step
macdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #8243
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I'm a tiny bit confused by the V3 firmware update on the Justock, I only just noticed today that overheat protection has been disabled/removed, the other thing is ever since the updated to V3 firmware from the V1, I'm almost sure it's been a touch slower as well.

Overheat has me puzzled unless it's a sensor checking thing, though I'm running a HW motor and when I back grade to V1 it's back working again in the programmer, so what did get changed in V3???
yes i have just noticed that as well with the over heat protection will find out whats going on as for what is different with the new v3 508 it has much more finer adjustments for the brakes .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #8244
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a quick note to congratulate CRC driver Max Kuenning for winning the 2012 ROAR National Championships today with his CRC 1:12th car and Hobbywing 120A 1s speed control. Finishing second making it a 1-2 Hobbywing sweep was On-Point driver/owner Paul Ciccarello. Paul took the T.Q. with Max 2nd with the positions reversed in the mains as Max won the first 2 A-mains to capture the ROAR National Championship. Paul ended up second, a solid 1-2 sweep for Hobbywing.

Max also finished 2nd in WGT and 6th in 1/12th modified using Hobbywing 1s unit.

In both on-road and offroad, the Calandra Racing Concepts (CRC) team and drivers are competing and supporting the Hobbywing product. Check out www.teamcrc.com for more Hobbywing info. (new web site coming soon!)
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #8245
Tech Fanatic

Default any one had this before

Jeff my son runs in mod with Hobbywing 120 esc .
we normally use 3.5 speedpassion motor but more recently we were running a 5.5 Hobbywing
it ran great except for it melting the solder on one of the terminals( plug in style)
Tried resoldering it but it did it again on the same terminal again
motor measures good and looks ok...links running to coils of front face plates look hot but it never ran higher than 50C
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West

Last edited by JAM Racing; 03-19-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: oops
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #8246
Tech Rookie

Please try not to shot me down in flames, but I am new to brushless systems and I would like to understand the software versions installed in my esc better
currently when I open the software choice on the esc I get the following, what are the version's designed to do

V3.0_110930_MOD
V1.10_090205_MOD
V3_508_NO TIMING I guess this is blinky mode
V1_508_zero_rev
V3.0_110930 STOCK
V3.0_110119 STOCK
V1.10_090323a_m

thanks for now guys

Tony
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #8247
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
First install the software in the link.
2. Plug in your 2in1 program box to the USB.
3. open the the software.
4. In device menu select he program box. Select the Software Tab. This will tell you if you have the latest firmware for the box. If not update by clicking on "Upgrade" button. For good measure do it twice V1.08 is the latest for the box.
5. Now plug the ESC in to the program box. Make sure the negative lead (black) is matched to the box designation.
6. plug the battery into the ESC and turn the switch on.
7. Under device menu select ESC. The software will detect the ESC
8. Under the Software tab, you will see a list of firmware for your particular ESC. The latest mod version is V3.0_110930_MOD the latest Boosted Stock is V3.0_110930STOCK. In the drop down menu choose the version you want to update the ESC to. Then click the upgrade button. It will update the firmware. For good measure do it twice.
9. Once you have adjusted the setting to your liking, on each tab press apply. Then when you are done just switch the ESC off. And unplug.

Hope this helps. There is a great video on youtube that explains all this too.
An excellent set of instructions!
This would have been handy when I was trying figure out how to update and program my first Hobbywing esc, but I got it all going now and am looking forward to see how it goes at my local track.
Perhaps a link in your signature for this set of instructions along with the youtube video?

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #8248
Tech Fanatic

Default heres that link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY
give this a go...someof the tips are a bit querky but if you do it as a sequence youll not go wrong
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #8249
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is there an ETA on the speedy?
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #8250
Tech Adept

Dear Cobra.
This weekend I'd ran Spanish Andalusian Regionals and I do second place.
I tried to run with a Nosram Pure Octawind 4.5. I'd to turn off temperature protection because the xerun 2.1 slow down because it.
In other way I'd must to change to an 5.5T because my pro amps 5500 and forcefull 6200 (old pro amps) because the 4.5 don't run 7 minutes.
Are this motors compatible with the xerun 2.1?
Are problems of my motors nor xerun settings?

See this video of final a, series 2.
First car is a Xray with a 3.5 motor and second one is my car with the 5.5.

Can you help me to run a 4.5? Next Regional is in about 4 weeks.
I have also a gm pro 7t delta (not a star bobinated motor)

Thanks a lot.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote