R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 AM   #811
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelby View Post
Needing a little more assistance. I have upgraded the 2 in 1 program box, selected stock for speedie and applied these settings. Can I access the turbo settings 12-15 via the 2 in 1 program box at all because I can't seem to get past option 10.
If you upgrade the program card 2 in 1, u can access program 1 until 15.
Tamiya TRF-416X, Tamiya TRF-417
Hobbywing Xerun 120A, Xerun 3.5t, Team Orion 11.5t, Xerun 5.5t
RL.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #812
Tech Regular

Quote:
Needing a little more assistance. I have upgraded the 2 in 1 program box, selected stock for speedie and applied these settings. Can I access the turbo settings 12-15 via the 2 in 1 program box at all because I can't seem to get past option 10.
I followed the video tutorial that cherry has put on YouTube. Also when upgrading it always helps to do it twice. Are you sure you are selecting the 2in1 box in the top drop down before upgrading ?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #813
Tech Elite

Quote:
If you cannot go past option 10 then the software hasnt been loaded properly .Please send me an email and i will help you .teamcobraracing@gmail.com

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:07 AM   #814
Tech Adept

Default Huge Thankyou!

Applying the settings twice to the program box seemed to be the key.

Really appreciate everyones help.
mbelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #815
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.

Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

While watching the videos it would be helpful to have a printed copy of the XERUN 'Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware' with you so as to understand the settings being spoken about. There are several mistakes as far as actual setting figures that's why it is advised to have the sheet to hand.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...-Hobbywing.pdf

Instruction sheet.^^^

Hope it helps.

Cherry
Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #816
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to use a LiFe 6.6v battery with the mod 528 program?

Just wondering if the program will work the same with the lower voltage?

Thanks
GasserX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #817
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasserX View Post
Has anyone tried to use a LiFe 6.6v battery with the mod 528 program?

Just wondering if the program will work the same with the lower voltage?

Thanks

Should work fine as the rules were for 5 cell NiMh (6.0v) until not so long ago, just remember to change the LiPo cutoff.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #818
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so is the extreme stock available to the public yet?
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #819
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post

Anybody's guess
Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #820
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
The Xtreme stock is available worldwide and it's the responsability for your local distributor which im sure there is many in europe to have supply .

If you cannot get the unit locally please send me an email and we will help you out .Same goes for you cherry is you cannot get it in the uk please email me or cannon .we will supply the world until your distributors in your country have stock

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 07-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #821
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
I have a tutorial if anyone is interested, excuse the quality as it's my first attempt at a video. It is in two parts 1/2 and 2/2 and can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUKMoGvRJZY Part 1 and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOCFkCwBlrQ
Part 2.

Before any moans occur I am NOT showing this to be clever it is just that having had over 500 messages asking for assistance with setting up etc I have decided to lower my work load with this video. Watch it don't watch it, it's up to you it is what it is and is purely based on my time spent with these speedo's.

While watching the videos it would be helpful to have a printed copy of the XERUN 'Additional Instructions of Stock Firmware' with you so as to understand the settings being spoken about. There are several mistakes as far as actual setting figures that's why it is advised to have the sheet to hand.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/manu...-Hobbywing.pdf

Instruction sheet.^^^

Hope it helps.

Cherry
Nice video well done
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #822
Tech Initiate

Default wires on xerun v.02 60 A

hi...if any body could help please..?

got questions here...I already have this xerun v.2 60A speedo...and installed the 422 stock software..running 11.5T.....awesome !!!! .....from out of the box i see the silicon wires seems too small....i thought it's 14 awg(correct me if i am wrong)....if i change into bigger one with 12 awg for the motor only (the 3 wires) ....is there any different on performance ? is there any different if i don't put the original capacitor ? or if i replace it ? 25v 470mf into 16v 1000mf ?

thanks
Bijono
bijono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #823
Tech Elite

New update

for XERUN-120A, Xtreme_STOCK , we have fixed the problem when TH is set to "NOR" on the 4pk futaba radio it seemed to cut out mid throttle but was ok when it was in rev.

The software name hasnt changed its the same as the last update but by reloading the software will fix this issue.

Please email me at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we will send you out the software .

thank you for your time
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #824
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijono View Post
hi...if any body could help please..?

got questions here...I already have this xerun v.2 60A speedo...and installed the 422 stock software..running 11.5T.....awesome !!!! .....from out of the box i see the silicon wires seems too small....i thought it's 14 awg(correct me if i am wrong)....if i change into bigger one with 12 awg for the motor only (the 3 wires) ....is there any different on performance ? is there any different if i don't put the original capacitor ? or if i replace it ? 25v 470mf into 16v 1000mf ?

thanks
Bijono
You can upgrade the silicon wire not a problem the thicker the wire the more current can flow but i can't see it making a huge difference .

If there is nothing wrong with the cap then dont change it but if it faulty then change to a low esr cap close to the value that is originally with the unit .basically the cap keeps the average voltage or the esc same as the battery voltage all all times .
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #825
Tech Elite

Hi guys

I would like all hobbywing owners from around the world to please send me an email to teamcobraracing@gmail.com

I would like to build a data base of emails so when new software is available i will be able to email it to you guys asap without the headache of trying to download it from websites .