R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #8161
Tech Addict

Default SPOT ON..... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
Hi,

I've been trying to decipher and better understand the stock profile settings and how they all combine to produce an overall setup!

Not sure about others but pictures make most sense for me so here's what I've come up with so far (not sure if it's correct or way off!)

Would love some feedback to make this right, or if it's pretty much there then hope you can benefit from it!

Attachment 891428

Cheers

Spot on ..... This should go a long way helping others understand the characteristics of both BOOST and TURBO and their effects when applied.
Well done.

Cheers
Ren

www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 AM   #8162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
im just waiting for michael .

I have guys in sydney who drive on dirt 1/10th scale with turbo and they say we need to turn it down as they cannot drive them .I also have others for 1/8th scale who drive on dirt and they also want the power turned down as they also cant drive them .

You guys must drive on Grass as thats very big in western Australia and thats 100% traction of course you can drive them but put them on the dirt with aggressive settings and let me know how you go with turbo on dirt trust me the power will be uncontrollable .

But anyway we are all waiting for the software .
so all the testing so far has been for OFF Road ? man
obviously there is some software available if people are trying it. as i said, im happpy to try it, and let you know if it is what OnRoad is needing. if this can help in the process then you have my email already, send me a link with the software, and i can see if its what we are chasing. Thanks.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #8163
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMania View Post
Hi guys, jus got a 120A 1S. I saw previously some says the "receiver pack" is NOT needed for 1S speedo. Does "receiver pack" means the capacitor thats provided in the box? Is it still not needed even if i run 2s lipo? And if its not needed, what will be the effect if it is still installed? Cheers!
A receiver pack is a separate battery that runs the ESC and servo when you are operating on 1S lipo. That is eliminated.

You do need to run the double capacitor that comes with the 120A 1S. That goes to the +/- terminals on the ESC. My capacitor is soldered to the underside of the +/- terminals to make for a clean appearance.

Bill
Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #8164
Tech Initiate

Can some like show me a VIDEO of this TURBO at work please ? I'l thrilled ! And Im planing to have it on my E revo on 6S

DiNka!
Dinukap4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #8165
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
that is why myself, Serpent, and also M7H are asking for turbo function for the 150Amp.
Yep.....
Old 03-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #8166
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
so all the testing so far has been for OFF Road ? man
obviously there is some software available if people are trying it. as i said, im happpy to try it, and let you know if it is what OnRoad is needing. if this can help in the process then you have my email already, send me a link with the software, and i can see if its what we are chasing. Thanks.
My apologies i thought 1/8th off road i didnt realise 1/8th on road which at the moment is not popular but im sure it will grow thats for sure .As for turbo for the on road no problem you will be able to use the software for that application .

I will push michael this week to haveit complete.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #8167
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
I will push michael this week to haveit complete.
That would be nice!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #8168
Tech Addict

I am having big problems with my ESC at the moment and with the nationals coming in 2 weeks help would really be appeciated. I'm using a Hobbywing Xerun 60A with a Nosram 10,5T in Super Stock (boosted). Today at the track in one moment the car just lost power and then regained it after approx. 5 seconds. The power would last for a short while and it would be lost again. It isn't working after that moment. Sounds to me as if the sensor cable is bad but it is almost brand new. I inspected it for damage and I saw nothing. Hopefully the ESC isn't broken. Any ideas?
Boca Bearings - www.bocabearings.com
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #8169
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
I am having big problems with my ESC at the moment and with the nationals coming in 2 weeks help would really be appeciated. I'm using a Hobbywing Xerun 60A with a Nosram 10,5T in Super Stock (boosted). Today at the track in one moment the car just lost power and then regained it after approx. 5 seconds. The power would last for a short while and it would be lost again. It isn't working after that moment. Sounds to me as if the sensor cable is bad but it is almost brand new. I inspected it for damage and I saw nothing. Hopefully the ESC isn't broken. Any ideas?
Maybe your battery runs out
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #8170
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
Maybe your battery runs out
No, changed to a fully charged LRP battery and same problem from the beginning
Old 03-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #8171
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Try turning Low Voltage Cutoff down to 2.8v, might work(did for me) & hasnt cost anything if it doesn't.
toms dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #8172
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms dad View Post
Try turning Low Voltage Cutoff down to 2.8v, might work(did for me) & hasnt cost anything if it doesn't.
I'll try it, but I'm not sure if it will help since the problem occurs even with a full battery...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #8173
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Sequence?

Just getting used to the HW120 1S in my WGT and its programming.

Is there a simple sequence of events to follow for plugging it into the 2-in-1 and my laptop. Seems like I am missing something...LOL

Bill
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #8174
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinukap4 View Post
Can some like show me a VIDEO of this TURBO at work please ? I'l thrilled ! And Im planing to have it on my E revo on 6S
you cannot run 6s on our speed controllers apart from the 150 amp ezrun and xerun which at the moment have no turbo function .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #8175
Tech Elite

Quote:
check your sensor cable it might look like it has no damage but they are small and there could be something wrong with it .also check your motors sensor board for damage or dirt etc .

another thing also is turn down your punch say to 7 and dont use aggressive settings as they could also create heat and shut down .

Its not your battery thats for sure.