Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
Are you sure you calibrated the speed control correctly? I just got off the phone with a customer who was having a similiar problem. Turns out he was not pushing the button at each step of calibration. Doing it correctly fixed his problem.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
I'll give it one last try when I get home.

Thanks Brian.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
KJR
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
two things i want you to do

1.change the servo (if you have one )

2.remove the cap from the receiver

3.run a reciever pack for your testing as a booster .

once you do that please post a simple report on your findings.

I have a feeling your servo is drawing way to much current as the savox is known to do that cause a small delay within the reciever which drops the bec voltage to levels were a glitch will be present and so do the ace servos as ive had another issue with someone else running a savox in 1s mode and he had the same issue .

please let me know

regards Angelo
hi Angelo,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I removed the servo no change, didn't plug another servo in as I didn't see the point when there was no change with no servo installed.

removed the power cap, no change. The cap was fitted as on a longer practice run 8 mins plus I was having shutdowns on the radio system.

I didn't have a receiver pack so what I did was to connect my LRP SXX V2 which has an inbuilt booster to the receiver minus the signal wire so it was in effect acting as a booster. No change either I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help.

Kenneth
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 AM
KJR
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by M7H
I think it has to do with the "traction control setting" in your transmitter, can you put it on "INH", instead of "ACT".....

Edit, I see it's the older Super Exzes, so you have to look at the "throttle speed"...

What you can do, is switch your ESC and steering servo in your receiver, and see how the steering servo reacts on throttle input, or how the ESC reacts on steering input.....
Hi,

throttle speed is set to zero. To be honest this is not a setting I would ever change on my transmitter. The exact same set up was previously working without any problem using a Novak Havoc pro ESC and a Novak Smart. The only thing I have changed is the esc as I wanted to have one with inbuilt booster.

Kenneth
Old 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I tried using the search function and looking around a little bit, so pardon me if it has already been answered.

But when will CRC have the V3 Hobby Wing? Noticed in the clean wire thread and I like it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

Which is better?

1. Xerun 60A v2.0
2. Xtreme Stock 60A

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Does the addition of a motor fan connected to the receiver would interfere with the functioning of the esc? I've heard that bec function on xerun is not quite good enough, so I ask this question.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I tried using the search function and looking around a little bit, so pardon me if it has already been answered.

But when will CRC have the V3 Hobby Wing? Noticed in the clean wire thread and I like it.
A few days after they release it.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

I'm considering purchasing an Extreme Stock ESC for 21.5 boosted touring. I use a Savox 1251mg servo - has anyone experienced any issues with this combo ? I currently use an LRP SXX V2 ESC, which has a 3A BEC v 2A for the Hobbywing. I'm not sure if the 2A BEC will cause an issue with brownouts, etc (never had an issue with the LRP ESC).

Cheers
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Losiho
I'm considering purchasing an Extreme Stock ESC for 21.5 boosted touring. I use a Savox 1251mg servo - has anyone experienced any issues with this combo ? I currently use an LRP SXX V2 ESC, which has a 3A BEC v 2A for the Hobbywing. I'm not sure if the 2A BEC will cause an issue with brownouts, etc (never had an issue with the LRP ESC).

Cheers
Short answer is 'No problem'. Although I run a Futaba 9550 servo with my Extreme Stock in 21.5 at the moment, other club drivers definitely run the speedo with the Savox 1251 servo without any issues.
Also if you look here:-
http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/in...article&id=501
although it doesn't show the exact speedo and servo combinations being used, I know several of the drivers in the A final were running Extreme Stock and Savox.
What's also interesting is the motor of choice - simply nothing to beat it at the moment.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Greyfox
Short answer is 'No problem'. Although I run a Futaba 9550 servo with my Extreme Stock in 21.5 at the moment, other club drivers definitely run the speedo with the Savox 1251 servo without any issues.
although it doesn't show the exact speedo and servo combinations being used, I know several of the drivers in the A final were running Extreme Stock and Savox.
What's also interesting is the motor of choice - simply nothing to beat it at the moment.
Thanks for the answer - appreciated. I think the people who have the most issues with Savox servos seem to be those who use them with Spectrum radio gear.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greyfox
That's because its a motor that breaks the usual construction rules. But the UK importer is a man of influence.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 111011 software

has anyone been able to use the 111011 software i downloaded it and have been able to only use the 111007 software and help would be great before i race tonight which is in 6 hours.

cheers everyone
Old 03-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Losiho
Thanks for the answer - appreciated. I think the people who have the most issues with Savox servos seem to be those who use them with Spectrum radio gear.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Both are almost the same, the only difference is Xerun 60A V2.0 has a lower BEC @5.75V/3A while the Extreme Stock is @ 6V/2A. i think the V2.0 is no longer available, better you get the later one or wait for the V3. it all depends on what application you will be using these ESC's. also bare in mind the Servo you will be using as the Voltage might affect or encounter some glitching issues on your setup.

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi,

Which is better?

1. Xerun 60A v2.0- Default Firmware is Mod ( no Turbo )
2. Xtreme Stock 60A - Default Firmware is super Stock( with Turbo )

Thanks in advance.
Ofcourse these firmware can be updated as per requirements. Gurus also chime in for additional advise.

As for me i have both xerun V2.0/2.1 120A for my Offroad 4Wd / 2Wd truck, so far no issues on glitching when using a Savox 1251MG.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi guys, jus got a 120A 1S. I saw previously some says the "receiver pack" is NOT needed for 1S speedo. Does "receiver pack" means the capacitor thats provided in the box? Is it still not needed even if i run 2s lipo? And if its not needed, what will be the effect if it is still installed? Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.