R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #8056
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let me double check - I wont be able to purchase a HW ESC online anymore?
What happens to the racers in countries who don't have a dealer/distributor like New Zealand?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #8057
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Working with cobra? Your thoughts are 100% wrong racers in exile bought direct factory through our sales department .nothing to do with me so please dont make up stories its not appreciate.As for giving us advice on how to run our business we thank you and respect your opinion but it is not needed.

Also this thread is about tech support for customers to share there experience its not about argueing the point of pricing.so please leave the pricing to us and plesse have an input in your setup experience and racing results and whatever else you have in mind to help your fellow racer.
If the pricing is to expensive for you we will try and accomadate you the best we can.
I don't know if the poster should take what you said as you slapping him in the face for speaking out of turn or not. He said he thought they were working with you not that he knew for a fact so I would cut him a break if I was you.
Hobbywing maybe the biggest in the world on your side of the globe but over on this side seems to me that its just another company like sp, tekin, orion, or any others that sells a product at a price people can afford and if they choose to be upset that a price change is coming that is their right to voice that not yours to shut them down or marginalize their opinions. Comments like your push future customers away just remember that since in a way you do speak for the company.
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:49 AM   #8058
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys,

No where has Cobra said you won't be able to purchase online, and from chatting with him last week that isn't going to be the case.

What won't be happening is blatent undercutting of the price by online stores, with certain companies simply out to make everything they can for themselves. If that means there is going to be an increase in price, so be it, but the v3 will be very competitively priced on the market, and for what you get, it will still offer fantastic value.
(and has been mentioned, for the those on a budget, the v2.1 is still being offered).

In terms of the business situation, there has been discussion that I've been privy too over the TITC, and certainly appears that there has been some growing pains for the company, with certain organisations not fufillfing their obligations. However, that is part of the growing pains of any company. To put it this way... where was the HW brand 5years ago? Look at it now as way of comparison.

I know it's not so much the case in Europe and USA, but HW is massive in Asia, and the TITC is a massive event out here. Being a title sponsor out here, and with a big presence in the pits, it's very hard to miss the company, and everything it is doing to promote itself.

As Lip has mentioned, presence at meeting's takes time and money, but the fact that their seems to be people demanding it, and with the positive steps such as CRC in the USA, to me this says HW is already a success (see the 5year comment above!). Simples.

Obviously, the next trick is to build on that success, and I don't doubt it will. It might not happen as fast as some seem to want (what in this world of instant gratification these days), but you can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time... and it'll happen...

Regards
Ed
Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #8059
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
I don't know if the poster should take what you said as you slapping him in the face for speaking out of turn or not. He said he thought they were working with you not that he knew for a fact so I would cut him a break if I was you.
Hobbywing maybe the biggest in the world on your side of the globe but over on this side seems to me that its just another company like sp, tekin, orion, or any others that sells a product at a price people can afford and if they choose to be upset that a price change is coming that is their right to voice that not yours to shut them down or marginalize their opinions. Comments like your push future customers away just remember that since in a way you do speak for the company.
Im sorry that it seems that way but i have no intention of causing any harm to anyone as most who met me in thailand and other places around the world had nothing but great things to say about me .

If it came out that way then im sorry im not like that and it seems i came out strong on the issue but i have a company to protect and a brand to protect thats all im about and i hope you can fully understand that .

I have never said that the product will never be available online all i said was that it would not be available to online stores who do the wrong thing with pricing and dont follow the correct channels and our company policy.

thats all it is about .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #8060
Tech Rookie

Smile Date of release?

Will the V3 be released worldwide on the same date (apple , MS style) or different dates around the globe. ( who would of thought HW and apple in the same sentance)
andy21.5T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #8061
Tech Apprentice

Default TITC OPEN BRUSHLESS CLASS setting

I hope we can have technical sharing rather than marketing discussion.

I'd like to share my settings I used in TITC this year.

This year SP13.5T (MMM) is the control motor for this class.
The best setting for the race I feel is as follow. (RC ADDICT is a high grip, high speed track with very hot surface)

I use new V3 speedo in the race. Also tested V2.1(firmware 0930STOCK) to compare. The major items is as follow.
FDR:5.6
DRRS(PUNCH RATE): 9 (30 in V3)
BOOST TIMING: 40 (42 in V3)
BOOST START RPM:1000
BOOST ACC:400 (END RPM 17000 in V3)
BOOST SLOPE in V3: LINEAR

TURBO TIMING:24 (22 in V3)
TURBO DELAY:0.1S
TURBO SLOPE:24/0.1S
TURBO DISENGAGE SLOPE in V3: 18/0.1s

This setting can provide a balance of accelaration and top speed, and stable lap time during 5 minutes.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #8062
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

How much timing on the can Sizheng?
barts71m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #8063
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
your forgiven but dont release the really exciting program features that are due for patents .
as far as I know, if the patent application is already filed at the patent office, you can share al the info here, and put a stamp on the V3 with "patent pending".
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #8064
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy21.5T View Post
Will the V3 be released worldwide on the same date (apple , MS style) or different dates around the globe. ( who would of thought HW and apple in the same sentance)
Yes it will be the same week not day around the globe as long as the distributor pl
Aces there order .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #8065
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Yes it will be the same week not day around the globe as long as the distributor pl
Aces there order .
Hi, can you just confirm who will be your UK supplier please as I have been told today it wont be Racers in Exile, thanks
mcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #8066
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
Hi, can you just confirm who will be your UK supplier please as I have been told today it wont be Racers in Exile, thanks
hpi europe
Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #8067
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
I hope we can have technical sharing rather than marketing discussion.

I'd like to share my settings I used in TITC this year.

This year SP13.5T (MMM) is the control motor for this class.
The best setting for the race I feel is as follow. (RC ADDICT is a high grip, high speed track with very hot surface)

I use new V3 speedo in the race. Also tested V2.1(firmware 0930STOCK) to compare. The major items is as follow.
FDR:5.6
DRRS(PUNCH RATE): 9 (30 in V3)
BOOST TIMING: 40 (42 in V3)
BOOST START RPM:1000
BOOST ACC:400 (END RPM 17000 in V3)
BOOST SLOPE in V3: LINEAR

TURBO TIMING:24 (22 in V3)
TURBO DELAY:0.1S
TURBO SLOPE:24/0.1S
TURBO DISENGAGE SLOPE in V3: 18/0.1s

This setting can provide a balance of accelaration and top speed, and stable lap time during 5 minutes.
Thanks for sharing your setup.

If I can ask, what was the mechanical timing on the motor?
Will27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #8068
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will27 View Post
Thanks for sharing your setup.

If I can ask, what was the mechanical timing on the motor?
it marks 10degree on the endbell.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #8069
Tech Rookie

Default Blinky mode

Hi, I recently purchased a XERUN-120A-1S-SD. I have the zero timing firmware installed and the red LED does not blink, therefore I'm not legal to race. It is advertised to have a legal blinky mode. It also will not work as advertised on 1S with lipo cut out enabled. Anyone have any ideas?
warrenwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #8070
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenwrench View Post
It also will not work as advertised on 1S with lipo cut out enabled. Anyone have any ideas?
Did you try to set the cutoff voltage to "custom", then what you want, instead of you the pre-set values ?
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote