Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Have the HW 120a 2.1. Running 17.5 tc no boost. After about a minute of runtime the motor starts cogging and very little speed. I switched over to my lrp and have no issues. What could be causing the cogging. Settings, something wrong with esc. I bought this to eventually use in 21.5 vintage class we have, and bought a program box to add the 508 firmware. So not sure if I should send it in first to have it checked.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Robudda723
Have the HW 120a 2.1. Running 17.5 tc no boost. After about a minute of runtime the motor starts cogging and very little speed. I switched over to my lrp and have no issues. What could be causing the cogging. Settings, something wrong with esc. I bought this to eventually use in 21.5 vintage class we have, and bought a program box to add the 508 firmware. So not sure if I should send it in first to have it checked.

Thanks,
Rob
Another vague, lack of information post. We can off you no help with unless we have more info. Track size, gearing, settings and motor type are always needed for help.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Why don't people have the ability to use common sense any more and search threads or bother to at least read the last 5 or 10 pages to get themselves up to date with what's happening with a product. Every product i've wanted to get lately i have read the thread in full first to get myself up to speed with the product and how ppl are using it. Guess not a lot of ppl can be bothered with this these days. Instant gratification generation we live in....End rant.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

So what you are saying is you have no clue. And you rather ramble saying nothing. That fact is I did a search on cogging and didn't happen to find anything similar. And no I am not going to read 500+ pages of a thread before using it. Not sure how you have so much time to read 500+ pages on every thing you own, I sure don't. A world with people that complain more then help, is more like it. So if someone came up to you at the track would you say what you posted? Probably not.

Last edited by Robudda723; 02-26-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So what you are saying is you have no clue. And you rather ramble saying nothing. That fact is I did a search on cogging and didn't happen to find anything similar. A world with people that complain more then help, is more like it. So if someone came up to you at the track would you say what you posted? Probably not.
By changing motors and solving the issue, it would mean that the problem was within the motor you had?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It sounds like it happens after the motor warms up so i too think its the motor.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Why don't people have the ability to use common sense any more and search threads or bother to at least read the last 5 or 10 pages to get themselves up to date with what's happening with a product. Every product i've wanted to get lately i have read the thread in full first to get myself up to speed with the product and how ppl are using it. Guess not a lot of ppl can be bothered with this these days. Instant gratification generation we live in....End rant.
+1 Ranting noted...LOL

So what you are saying is you have no clue. And you rather ramble saying nothing. That fact is I did a search on cogging and didn't happen to find anything similar. And no I am not going to read 500+ pages of a thread before using it. Not sure how you have so much time to read 500+ pages on every thing you own, I sure don't. A world with people that complain more then help, is more like it. So if someone came up to you at the track would you say what you posted? Probably not.
-1 You leave far too much open to speculation. Please narrow it down brother.

Would suggest that a few people that post regularly on this string are worthwhile to check out. So, you should selectively read their posts to get through the clutter. COBRARACING is a good one. So, use the "Find More Posts by COBRARACING" to get up to speed with his knowledge base.

Bill
Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Daddycool
It sounds like it happens after the motor warms up so i too think its the motor.
I agree motor is heating up using the HW esc. However I did not switch motors I switched esc.

With lrp esc. Motor is 145 degrees after 6 minute run and plenty of power with no cogging.

With HW esc. Motor is 180 degrees after one minute, no power and cogs.

So the track, fdr, etc is not a problem. I have run Novak, lrp and HW. Another racer is running same car, same motor, same fdr with a tekin no issues. So with all things being equal the HW is the only thing causing the motor to overheat and cog.

Rob
Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Still Bill
+1 Ranting noted...LOL

-1 You leave far too much open to speculation. Please narrow it down brother.

Would suggest that a few people that post regularly on this string are worthwhile to check out. So, you should selectively read their posts to get through the clutter. COBRARACING is a good one. So, use the "Find More Posts by COBRARACING" to get up to speed with his knowledge base.

Bill
A agree vague. I work on a lot of 1:1 cars, and get vague questions from friends and family. I then ask them what I need to know to narrow down issue not get crappy with them. Been on here since 2007 and only have 118 posts. Why cause I do find most answers on my own. I just don't understand why people talk to others online in a way they would not in person at the track.

I have someone I race with get frustrated at getting his pan car setup. He got a hold of you and you helped him out. You did not tell hem he had no common sense for not going through every page on the crc forum. So why is it ok for people to be rude on here?

Fact is I have a job, I have kids that play sports, work on my real cars, work on projects on the house, and I try to get my racing in on free time. Simply I have no time to read through 500+ pages, and hope to find my answers. I do searches on here, google and try to weed through 1000's upon 1000's of post to find an answer.

So common sense says, search for a bit and don't find what I am looking for then ask a question. It really is that simple.

On that note, it sounds like I have to read through every post to learn how to properly use this esc. Where, I have not had to do that on any other esc I've owned. So I will stop trying to save a buck on these and spend the money on the lrp, tekin, Novak ones I have had good luck with.

Thanks to those that tried to help, and thanks bill for informing me the question was too vague in a polite manner. But I can sale the HW and buy a another I have not had issues with, and use the free time to work on the house remodel.

Rob
Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
This thread did start almost two years ago. Things do change in two years. It is also over 500 pages. While I agree a little effort is required lets do cut some people some slack.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 03:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree motor is heating up using the HW esc. However I did not switch motors I switched esc.

With lrp esc. Motor is 145 degrees after 6 minute run and plenty of power with no cogging.

With HW esc. Motor is 180 degrees after one minute, no power and cogs.

So the track, fdr, etc is not a problem. I have run Novak, lrp and HW. Another racer is running same car, same motor, same fdr with a tekin no issues. So with all things being equal the HW is the only thing causing the motor to overheat and cog.

Rob
Sorry, not enough information for a detailed answer.

here is a general one, heat is either timing or gearing. If gearing is right for an lrp or some other esc does not mean it is right for the HW.

If the motor is getting hot and is clogging then there is to much timing, the timing is being added to fast or the gearing is to low or high.

post the settings and then more help can be given.

sorry reread your post what motor is it and how much timing is in the motor.
check the sensor cable if possible change it then test.
clogging will heat the motor also.

good luck
Old 02-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Robudda, exactly the same thing is happening to my 120A 1S. If found some damage on the sensor board of the motor when it first happened, and changed the sensor board - no go. I tried changing motors, changing sensor cables, re-flashing the speedo and re-calibrating it to my Tx. Nothing worked. I changed to an LRP speedo and all is well.

I think something is broken in the speedo and will be sending it back to HW for analysis and repair. It works OK on the bench, then it goes OK for a couple of minutes, then it cogs and does the same on the bench. I also think that there was something wrong with that motor in teh first place, and it has damaged the speedo. Not blaming HW, but I think the damage is done.

I suggest you send it back to HW for analysis and repair.

PS - please ignore these people who don't want to answer your question. It's as if they sit in their local race track and if someone asks a question they answered a few weeks ago, they tell that person to go away, they should have been there when they answered the question the first time!! When some people get behind a keyboard, they seem to lose all sense of proportion and politeness. Ignore them...
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks,
Rob
What firmware are you running?

Have you actually loaded the 508 firmware?

I had a problem with my HW Xtreme Stock switching to sensorless mode, no sign of 'cogging', but it was very slow. Turned out to be my cells. The voltage protection was cutting in on high loads. I disabled the protection and the speedo has been fine since.

'Cogging' normally means too much advance.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

has anyone tried this esc in 17.5 boosted ? also what settings are good to start with ?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.