R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #7876
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Actually it is not. The Advanced Electronics black diamond is as it comes in at nearly $400 street price and only have 5 pre set profiles including a blinky one. No where near as adjustable. The tekin rs pro is $210 new street price. Im sure there are many more. Hobbywing has great products, just wait and see how this one turns out, not bad at all im sure. I know ill be ordering one after i have seen it in action a couple of times. The price is still yet very competitive. I do like how the power switch is directly on the speedo, no more turning off in hard crashes and side swipes
Like I said previously, I'll probably get one now anyway as I've waited so long...however, most people will go with the local brands who have established support and a large infrastructure, rather than a noname brand from China. It does not matter if they make the ESC's for Orion or Speed Passion or that Hobbywing are the best in the world as brand marketing and local support are more important to most.
I would suggest they could charge this much for the esc if they had established their rep a couple of years ago but that is not the case.

This is not rocket science...just basic business principles and is the same for any and all industries.

I wish them luck regardless
lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #7877
Tech Elite

Im at the airport on my way to thailand once i reach my hotel in 12 hours i will respond to the questions.on mobile a little difficult.believe when i tell when you see the esc but more important the software you will understand the pricing.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #7878
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
Its a shame this thread seems to be turning into a bashing thread for the new V3 unit before it has even been launch.

I am a dedicated user here in the UK with over 8 units in different types cars. I hope the V3 unit will be released very soon so people have something else to talk about other than the wait or cost as it appears to be generating allot of negative press for all of there products.
I quite agree with this. Before I start, this is my own opinions, not a toe'd line.

Obviously I appreciate that it appears that some people have been badly let down by certain distributors, in terms of taking money with no goods. That's not a good situation at all, but I'm sure the Hobbywing guys will be able to resolve it.

Regarding the general level of bashing going on, I seriously do suggest that people just hang off, as it really has no substantial base intil the esc is on the market and people can buy it. To be stating you won't buy it just because it's the same price as (IMO, inferior) esc's is a bit daft really. I know I'm in a very privalleged position in actually having been one of a small groip to actually use the esc, and whilst the settings are taking some time to workout (it does work differently to the v2's) it is very early days, and does not take away from the fact that it is still a very high quality unit, excellent features, runs cool and is very smooth. For those that think that HW is still of inferior quality to other (supposed) premium brands, well, more fool you!

I think the other thing that is being forgotten, is that the v3 is meant to be the top of the tree, best of the best, and if that attracts a price premium, so be it (and before people start squealing about well what do you care, you don't pay for it, your wrong, as I do!). For the budget minded racers, the highly capable v2.1's will still be available, and as Angelo has mentioned before, will still be supported.

Anyway, maybe we can get this thread back onto a more positive note.
Regards
Ed
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #7879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking forward to the post/website/flyer/etc that shows all the new features and why it is worth that much more, along with the race wins that prove it.
"We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle
My wallet supports: TeknoRC.com, NorCalHobbies.com, SMC, Tekin, and several tire/servo companies.
justpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #7880
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tonyv2382

Ive been running HW for a really long time. NONE of my HW escs have ever let me down. I do agree with the above posts that it is the other escs that are inferior if anything. I have had more 200 dollar escs go on me than this 120 dollar HW Xerun esc. To assume that HW is of a lower quality is really just plain stupidity. You can buy the current 120a esc and be on the top of the game if not ahead of it. I just took 3rd in 13.5 buggy tonight with my Xerun running 930 stock firmware. Me and the Orion guys were sharing advice back and forth and it was great...although my esc had even more options

Hate all you want on HW...chances are that very ignorance will always keep you wondering. Best bang for your buck and quality that is unsurpassed. Id rather pay top dollar for this new v3 than anything else that will come out for the next few years. And thats only until my 120a decides to go...and that aint happening any time soon.

HW...release the V3 and it will prove itself.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #7881
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
Oh dear, was looking forward to the V3, HW has a massive presence in the UK racing scene, due to a brilliant product at a price that has been affordable for everyone.
As stated a minimum USD195 will mean 195 UK price. more than double the extreme stock price.
New Speed Passion 70! they are looking to take the drivers away from HW

No doubt it will be a brilliant ESC - but you may well start losing the support you have gained.

Also sounds like a bit of price fixing which is a no no in the UK if proved
Since when did 1USD=1Pound?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #7882
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
Angelo, I have both e-mailed you and posted on here without reply on the question of Uk representation for HW. Let me not be polite...

RacersinExile have taken people's money on the promise that they would get a 'reserved' v3 speedo. Like many others, I have placed an order and paid for a v3. Now, even you are saying that you have not heard from Stuart for months. It doesn't seem likely that any of us will get our speed control.

GiantCod on the other hand are an excellent dealer with great service and prompt shipment. HW have decided they cannot stock the v2.1 or v3 speedos because...? I don't know, but you have taken the agency away from a good supply source, and a company who have a great reputation.

Perhaps that is clear enough for you to understand that the bad guy is Stuart, that he has taken money and apparently disappeared, and we are wondering not just how we get our money back, but where we will buy a v3 in the UK. Personally, I cannot expect you or HW will compensate me for an order you had nothing to do with. However, if you are serious about help, then either find Stuart and get us an assurance he will supply us with speedos we have paid for, or find the UK an agent who will stock product and supply us. Is that clear enough?

Looking forward to your reply, but on past form, more in hope than expectation.
Hi, i like HW so much that i pre-paid Stuart for 2No. V3's in December to replace my 2No. V2.1's, i hope i haven't lost my money. I contacted him at the end of January and he said he had ordered his replacement stock from the factory (to replace the stolen stock) and it would arrive in middle of Feb so hopefully all is ok but it concerns me that Angelo says the factory haven't heard from him.
mcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #7883
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
+1

195.00 USD = 123.591 GBP
US Dollar British Pound
mcdoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 AM   #7884
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
+1

195.00 USD = 123.591 GBP
US Dollar British Pound
I'm guessing he's talking about UK street price, not internet price...
Old 02-22-2012, 02:17 AM   #7885
Tech Adept

Quote:
+1

195.00 USD = 123.591 GBP
US Dollar British Pound
Hi, he's not talking actual exchange rates he talking about the RRP it will be by the time it hits the UK market place. Myself included buy allot of equipment from abroad as the tax cost etc in the UK over inflate the prices and make this hobby in the UK a very expensive sport.
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:42 AM   #7886
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
to replace the stolen stock
As far as I know he is still busy with the insurance company to get money back from his stolen stock, everything was stolen actually.....

As long as the V3 is not on the market yet, I trust Stuart that he will deliver the pre-ordered units.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:55 AM   #7887
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
Oh dear, was looking forward to the V3, HW has a massive presence in the UK racing scene, due to a brilliant product at a price that has been affordable for everyone.
As stated a minimum USD195 will mean 195 UK price. more than double the extreme stock price.
New Speed Passion 70! they are looking to take the drivers away from HW

No doubt it will be a brilliant ESC - but you may well start losing the support you have gained.

Also sounds like a bit of price fixing which is a no no in the UK if proved
Are people forgetting if you are happy with the price point and quality of V2 then you can keep buying them, no one is forcing them to upgrade to v3, in fact i believe v3 will make v2 even cheaper. so i dont see how they are damaging there presence at race meets. And why is everyone so harsh on something that they haven't even seen yet let alone used. If its as good as they are saying i think people will buy it.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #7888
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
They don't mean that by currency convertion. Just bad habbit of stores to take the number and change only currency symbol

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #7889
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Interesting as when we, multiple HW product owners, voice our opinions that HW is running the risk of pricing themselves out of the market, we become "haters"... Do we call those who believe this is not so bad a move "fanbois"???

As someone else said, in most RC'ers eyes, marketing and national/int'l race results (they really are a big part of the "marketing", whether people realize it or not) sell more than tech alone... this is how Trinity and Orion have ruled the market the past 25 yrs. Perceived value vs. inner value.

Good luck with the new product anyway

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #7890
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've looked a little but did not see if someone had mentioned if the current lcd programmer box will work on the V3?
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote