R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #7846
lip
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The V3 will be with the lowest retail at $195 US .its all new from the ground up with software never seen in this day and age in rc .anyone found to be devalueing the product will be terminated from our dealer list and distributor list.
Might be the best thing since sliced bread but you really need to get the marketing in gear before close to matching the big name boys in price...huge jump in price from last gen...
I'll probably still go for it...
lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #7847
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 675
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
Might be the best thing since sliced bread but you really need to get the marketing in gear before close to matching the big name boys in price...huge jump in price from last gen:
Yeah, about a 60% increase. Bad move.
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #7848
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Maybe $195 US is the price of the combo ESC + Motor + Program card
$195 US just for the ESC is very high, priced out of market
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 AM   #7849
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Maybe $195 US is the price of the combo ESC + Motor + Program card
$195 US just for the ESC is very high, priced out of market
priced out of the market ?Agno you cant say that as you havent seen the unit or the software so you cannot really comment until the unit comes out on the market .

The actual retail of the 2.1 was $180 but we had all the wrong doers devalueing the product so what the actual rise is 25% more like i didnt say 25% rise on the devalued price i said 25% on the actual retail pricing its not 60% as most have stated many were losing money on the 2.1 to make sales through there online stores if they owned warehouses and had to pay wages and all there other stuff involved to run a business trust me they would be selling the 2.1 at $200.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #7850
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

any news on the turbo software for the 150amp ?
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #7851
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
any news on the turbo software for the 150amp ?
patto until michael sorts out some bugs and does more testing it will not be released .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:08 AM   #7852
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
any news on the turbo software for the 150amp ?
+1

8th scale outdoor season is getting closer....
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 AM   #7853
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
priced out of the market ?Agno you cant say that as you havent seen the unit or the software so you cannot really comment until the unit comes out on the market .

The actual retail of the 2.1 was $180 but we had all the wrong doers devalueing the product so what the actual rise is 25% more like i didnt say 25% rise on the devalued price i said 25% on the actual retail pricing its not 60% as most have stated many were losing money on the 2.1 to make sales through there online stores if they owned warehouses and had to pay wages and all there other stuff involved to run a business trust me they would be selling the 2.1 at $200.
So, not content with...

- revealing the v3 prototype 6 months early and destroying the market for the 2.1
- threatening to remove the "bad guys" from the dealer list when the ONLY current source of Hobbywing products in the UK is the "bad guy", whereas the "good guy" has disappeared off the face of the earth, possibly with a number of customers payments.
- badmouthing the product of your OEM customers (alleging the Orion are making up the amp ratings)
- giving out incorrect advice (most recent being your claim that the LRP 4-dot timing is not the minimum timing setting when it most certainly is)

...you are now keen on pricing the product out of the market completely?

And you are supposed to be HELPING Hobbywing?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #7854
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
So, not content with...

- revealing the v3 prototype 6 months early and destroying the market for the 2.1
- threatening to remove the "bad guys" from the dealer list when the ONLY current source of Hobbywing products in the UK is the "bad guy", whereas the "good guy" has disappeared off the face of the earth, possibly with a number of customers payments.
- badmouthing the product of your OEM customers (alleging the Orion are making up the amp ratings)
- giving out incorrect advice (most recent being your claim that the LRP 4-dot timing is not the minimum timing setting when it most certainly is)

...you are now keen on pricing the product out of the market completely?

And you are supposed to be HELPING Hobbywing?
I would post reto's from lrp's comment on the motor but i wont do that .

As for bagging a oem customer i only speak the truth .I was asked a question and i answered on what it was simple .

As for cherry stuart if that is who your reffering to i dont know were he is havent heard from the guy for months either has the factory .The guy has had a lot of bad luck with break in's and much much more .

if someone in the uk has taken off with customers funds well we dont know about that maybe you can tell us who it is please and we can see what the factory can do to help these guys .

To tell the world that we are working on a new product is no crime plus to be honest with you the 2.1 sales have been very high actually the release of the v3 prototype hasnt done anything to slow the sales of the 2.1 .I would also like to know were you got your information again as it seems you know more about our business than what we do basically you info is baseless .

for pricing ourselves out of the market time will tell but i can tell you this at that pricing customers from all around the world are lining up to purchase the v3 so i dont really know were your getting your information from please let us know .

It seems you have had a bad experience with the purchase of our product from the uk sellers so please if there is anything we can do for you please email me .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 02-21-2012 at 04:15 AM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:12 AM   #7855
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
+1

8th scale outdoor season is getting closer....
Believe me when i tell you i push michael everyday to have it complete.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #7856
Tech Elite
 
Lonestar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,269
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hi Angelo and any HW marketers who might read this

From what I see around me, xerun buyers are budget-minded racers. By pricing the new ESC higher (both via RRP and via threatening to delist any price-breaker) you will alienate yourself a lot of your customer base, who will then turn to the "hardcore racing" and then similarly-priced brands like Tekin, SP (which shouldn't matter much to HW I guess) and to some extent Orion and (not much in WE where I live but I would think a bunch in the US) Novak.

My point is - I have the feeling the growth HW has experienced this past couple of years despite being unknown of just 5ys ago was a combination of a great product AND a low street price. I think the brand is still a bit young to consider its equity good enough to price up that significantly, especially in the current environment, regardless of the fantastic specs of the V3 product. I am not worried about the RRP really but rather about you terminating "discounter" contracts, I feel you will lose tremendous volume and hence will have to crank prices up even further to make it up.

Paul (happy xerun xtreme stock, v2.1 120A, SCT 120A owner... but not willing to pay crazy amounts for them 2yrs from now either).
__________________
When the flag drops, the BS stops.

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #7857
Tech Adept
 
Fabricio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 210
Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio
Default Xtreme stock bottom case

Where can I buy just the bottom case of the Xtreme stock speedo? The blue one.
__________________
ARC R10 - ORCA - SANWA - EPIC
Fabricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #7858
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Everyone I know who buys HW, buys it basically on price point alone, in other words it's great gear if your on a budget, take away it's pricing, and you just about take away it's market niche/identity.

At near enough to $200, I'd actually be looking elsewhere, cause those new Vipers look super cool (with better cap placment), and the Tekin is still smaller I believe?, maybe it will still sell, but somehow the value for money shine is wearing off the brand.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #7859
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 74
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Everyone I know who buys HW, buys it basically on price point alone, in other words it's great gear if your on a budget, take away it's pricing, and you just about take away it's market niche/identity.

At near enough to $200, I'd actually be looking elsewhere, cause those new Vipers look super cool (with better cap placment), and the Tekin is still smaller I believe?, maybe it will still sell, but somehow the value for money shine is wearing off the brand.
+1
raypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #7860
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire
Posts: 109
Thumbs down my vote

I have been following this thread for some time.When the v3 was first mentioned it was going to be 15 to 20% price rise from the v2.1. The 2.1 is 85= $125 so $195 is a massive difference and I for one will not be spending my cash on it and would not have waited 6 months for the release
BY the way the hobby industry in the uk see $195 then charge us 195 so it will be a huge increase.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0