R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #7741
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnut862 View Post
he has more speed down the straight hey I would say a little every where whats settings do you run? im sure its the tc version 2 I brought an xxx tc version one second hand that i have noT used yet and was told it would not work,it would make it run to hot is that right?
Leave the 4 dot insert, and aim for a maximum combined turbo/boost of around 50. I'd suggest dropping your FDR and you'll find the X12 will happily respond. Your start RPM seems a little low. Did you mean 3000 instead of 300?
__________________
Looking for chassis | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
https://www.facebook.com/phatdadracing/
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #7742
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
4 dot is the insert with the least amount of timing.
not according to reto from LRP who i have contact with on regular basis.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #7743
Tech Regular
 
numnut862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: melb vic
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
Leave the 4 dot insert, and aim for a maximum combined turbo/boost of around 50. I'd suggest dropping your FDR and you'll find the X12 will happily respond. Your start RPM seems a little low. Did you mean 3000 instead of 300?
Yeah 3000 I meant. What fdr should i look at high 4's i have been running a conbined turbo/boost of 64 thats to much then? that could be one of my problems.
numnut862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #7744
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnut862 View Post
Yeah 3000 I meant. What fdr should i look at high 4's i have been running a conbined turbo/boost of 64 thats to much then? that could be one of my problems.
With the X12, a combined 64 will be too much overall and you end up generating heat for the sake of it. I'd start with around 4.8 (depends on track) and see how it goes. Keep an eye on it, but don't be surprised if you can push it even taller...
__________________
Looking for chassis | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
https://www.facebook.com/phatdadracing/
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #7745
Tech Regular
 
numnut862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: melb vic
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
With the X12, a combined 64 will be too much overall and you end up generating heat for the sake of it. I'd start with around 4.8 (depends on track) and see how it goes. Keep an eye on it, but don't be surprised if you can push it even taller...
I will give it ago. what temps would I be looking around with this setup how much boost timing do think i should run 36 and turbo timing 14 would that be good?
numnut862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #7746
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,826
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by numnut862 View Post
I will give it ago. what temps would I be looking around with this setup how much boost timing do think i should run 36 and turbo timing 14 would that be good?
The motor shouldn't really get too hot (probably well under 80). The split on boost and turbo is, to a large part, a question of preference and style. What you've suggested here is a start, but experiment until you find a balance you're happy with.
__________________
Looking for chassis | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
https://www.facebook.com/phatdadracing/
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #7747
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
not according to reto from LRP who i have contact with on regular basis.
I think he meant you can flip the 4 dot around to get max timing.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #7748
Tech Regular
 
numnut862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: melb vic
Posts: 298
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR View Post
The motor shouldn't really get too hot (probably well under 80). The split on boost and turbo is, to a large part, a question of preference and style. What you've suggested here is a start, but experiment until you find a balance you're happy with.
I think i no what you mean,to my liking and the track and feel play around with them and make them add up to 50 that's right but where should i start i have no idea.
numnut862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #7749
Tech Adept
 
banquer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Granada (Spain)
Posts: 110
Default

Dear Cobra.
Tomorrow I will receive my new 2.1 Xerun 120A for my Tamiya 417X after burn my old Nosram Pearl (for a mistake of myself).
I run on slyppery track with a Nosram Pure 4.0TOcta and a 5.5 LRP X12 Octa without mechanical timing (preset of it).
Would you put recomended software version for mod race and params of it for this two motors?

King regards!
__________________
Tamiya 419
Tamiya TRF 101
MuchMore Fleta Pro - Euro - Fleta 10.5-21.5
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #7750
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West London, England
Posts: 12
Default

Hi All, Not really the right thread I know, but is there a reason why the H/W 13.5 motor is BRCA approved here in the UK & the other winds are not?

Thanks in advance, John
toms dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #7751
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms dad View Post
Hi All, Not really the right thread I know, but is there a reason why the H/W 13.5 motor is BRCA approved here in the UK & the other winds are not?

Thanks in advance, John
it was the only motor uk importer put into brca
__________________
Orca www.ChubbiesCarShack.co.uk TDX SMC RC Airbrush Fundecal
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #7752
Tech Adept
 
FunkyDunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 110
Default

hi guys, strange request but as anyone in the UK got and end bell and sensor board from a Xerun motor this is the silver end version, My lad took a big hit on the motor and had damaged the one on his 21.5. Ideally if anyone has a burn out motor that I can use for spares this would be great, please inbox me! thx
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #7753
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms dad View Post
Hi All, Not really the right thread I know, but is there a reason why the H/W 13.5 motor is BRCA approved here in the UK & the other winds are not?

Thanks in advance, John
I think I'm right in saying that if a motor is submitted to the BRCA then all BRCA approved winds are approved. Eg if 13.5 is approved then so are 17.5 & 10.5
markrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #7754
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrobinson View Post
I think I'm right in saying that if a motor is submitted to the BRCA then all BRCA approved winds are approved. Eg if 13.5 is approved then so are 17.5 & 10.5
Nope. Only the ones submitted go on the BRCA list.

Some series may specify that all versions of any approved motor are legal though.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #7755
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

Coming from touring car background I have now started running the top sabre fwd mini and was wondering if anyone had any advise on speedo settings. We run 17.5 indoor on carpet. Basiclly I am asking if there will be a massive set up change from 4wd to fwd.
__________________
Top Racing Sabre mini
Tamiya m05
Sakura zero
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net