R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #7621
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
i know the feeling weve got 3 speedy,s hear as well but iv just gone and purchased a 1s id like to know if their is a a fix on the way.
We have had some good results with these esc and i have sent some back to hobbywing for repair on behalf of the club members and apart from the time frame the results were good.
so has the low voltage cutout in blinky been rectified when running Sportsman/508
running 508 zero timing when michael sorted out the 930 mod and the 930 stock for voltage cut off he completly forgot about the 1s for zero timing .I know there is a fix on the way .time frame i dont know .some people might think owe its a simple fix and just some number and letters in the program but its not it is a big task believe it or not .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #7622
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
When is the 150Amp Turbo software coming. have been pretty patient awaiting, specially when about 3 weeks ago i was told next couple of days. well 3 weeks later................
I know you have been patient and michael is working on it it is not simple task as there needs to be testing i will not bring out a beta version and your warranty will be gone .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #7623
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default well tahts not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
running 508 zero timing when michael sorted out the 930 mod and the 930 stock for voltage cut off he completly forgot about the 1s for zero timing .I know there is a fix on the way .time frame i dont know .some people might think owe its a simple fix and just some number and letters in the program but its not it is a big task believe it or not .
as i have just actually recieved the 1s already exactly which money tree to i go to and whos going to buy me something else.....
that in turn means the speed control does not live up to its specification....as hobbywings sales brochures
where do i go from here
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #7624
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmickid View Post
Thanks Paul. Which link within the thread is it? I know how to connect up the esc etc now but when i press the update firmware button it says no latest firmware needed as i have the latest.

The V1,64 file is a .rar file, how do i get it to run and upgrade to the programming box, ive looked with the Hobbywing ESC settings only thread and im miffed..... please help, im racing Sunday
Managed to finally get V1.64 FW installed.

On the software list it's only added V1.08....111107. Where is 930_STOCK ?mfor a total noob it isn't confusing
kosmickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #7625
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Thanks Paul. Which link within the thread is it? I know how to connect up the esc etc now but when i press the update firmware button it says no latest firmware needed as i have the latest.

The V1,64 file is a .rar file, how do i get it to run and upgrade to the programming box, ive looked with the Hobbywing ESC settings only thread and im miffed..... please help, im racing Sunday

On the software list it's only added V1.08....111107. Where is 930_STOCK ?mfor a total noob it isn't Half confusing
Old 02-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #7626
Tech Adept

Quote:

On the software list it's only added V1.08....111107. Where is 930_STOCK ?mfor a total noob it isn't Half confusing
I agree It is confusing I can't find the latest firmware on the new web site of hobbywing. I would just load the 211 it's a brill bit off kit. start with low settings then bring them up as you get use to the ecs.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #7627
Tech Master

yeah it is really confusing It is right on the first page under USB LINK Software... It is too difficult to find darnit all hobbywing!

Old 02-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #7628
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
yeah it is really confusing It is right on the first page under USB LINK Software... It is too difficult to find darnit all hobbywing!

Its a .rar file which for the inept like me isnt easy to work out how to use. A google search later and i found the zip file under a different site which then was easy enough. Hobbywing, sort it out!!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #7629
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post

I have seen the soft ware link. but when I try to follow it it leads me no where.
So instead of leaving smart ass comments try to be a little more helpful .As the man says in an earlier post he is not computer literate, and nether am I . the older of us did not grow up with calculates never mind computer's .
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #7630
Tech Addict

To be perfectly honest there isn't really that much difference between any of the early or late dynamic timing software options (at least all the stock ones anyway). There are just minor differences to make things a little more adjustable and to fix minor bugs. Really 422stock or 528stock could work very similar to the latest software options if set up correctly.

Mike
ixlr8nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #7631
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

528 stock and 1224 stock are more basic but far more aggressive than the later software versions. Use 528 for motors with low timing built in like HW, Duo and Ballistic. Use 1224 for high timing motors like X12, Corally and GM. I much preferred 528 to the newer 930 version.

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #7632
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default esc settings

hi everybody i just purchased a hobbywing extreme stock esc and program box and a team powers 13.5 motor and i have no idea how to program it and i have no idea about what all the settings do please help
muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #7633
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzza View Post
hi everybody i just purchased a hobbywing extreme stock esc and program box and a team powers 13.5 motor and i have no idea how to program it and i have no idea about what all the settings do please help
How do you expect anyone to help you as you do not say what class of racing, what car, onroad or offroad.

I do not understand people who post this style of post.

Think before you post.

Or if all else fails, read the instructions
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #7634
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I got a new 120 1s esc in my 1/12 scale. Want to run 17.5 blinky with a trinity duo 3. When my programing box gets here, back order, what software do I want? Is there a way it get it into blink mode without the programing box? Tried to follow the instructions, but must be doing something wrong. The only thing I can do is set, neutral, forward and brake.

Thank you
sstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #7635
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default info

ok for youre information cannon im running a tc6 onroad touring car at templestowe in victoria australia its in 13.5 class.Now can i ask you a question cannon did you get youre name by shooting youre mouth off at people i mean seriously mate we all havent been in the hobby as long as you and by the looks of it i wont be in it for long either if dickheads like you are in it
muzza is offline   Reply With Quote