R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #7531
Tech Fanatic
 
ozzy-crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forde A.C.T
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Depending on what motor you are using.... (not the answer you are looking for, but I don't want to lie to you)

But the latest available should normally be the best, except for LRP X12 motors.....
why lrp x12 motors ???
__________________
MST XXXD vip
MST FS-01d
Xray T4
Xray T3
AE Sc10.2 AE SCB
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:42 AM   #7532
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
why lrp x12 motors ???
The amount of timing is just too damn high!
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #7533
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

Hi Guys,

Little off topic but can anyone tell me how much physical timing is built into these locked timing Hobbywing Xerun Competition motors ? specifically the 13.5 to 21.5 winds

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=251

Thanks in advance
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #7534
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire
Posts: 109
Default

I'm almost certain they are 0 timed.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #7535
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 146
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
what a statement the most truthful i have ever read wow thats all i have to say as your statement is true to a tee.
Actually, I've had a hobbywing ESC die on me before - it burnt out.

A v1.2 Ezrun 35A ESC in a buggie.

Can't really complain though since i was trying to push a decent sized bin with the car PLUS running 3S lipo, that burnt the esc out in 5 seconds.

Though I must say my other v1.2 Ezrun 35A is still running fine since 2008 as i haven't abused it!
Forgetful_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #7536
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire
Posts: 109
Angry where to go if your speedo needs repair

If your hobbywing speedo stops working where do you send them for repair.I was the first to try the extreme stock at my club.Three other members purchased the same ecs on me saying how good they were, out of the 4 only one remains running .I have tried emailing H/W to try to get my ecs repaired with no response the other two are just flashing green with no throttle response.
Can you please advice Cobra racing.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #7537
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: France
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetful_Duck View Post
Actually, I've had a hobbywing ESC die on me before - it burnt out.

A v1.2 Ezrun 35A ESC in a buggie.

Can't really complain though since i was trying to push a decent sized bin with the car PLUS running 3S lipo, that burnt the esc out in 5 seconds.

Though I must say my other v1.2 Ezrun 35A is still running fine since 2008 as i haven't abused it!
35A with 3s in a buggy! not surprised it melted
__________________
Electriquement votre...

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #7538
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
If your hobbywing speedo stops working where do you send them for repair.I was the first to try the extreme stock at my club.Three other members purchased the same ecs on me saying how good they were, out of the 4 only one remains running .I have tried emailing H/W to try to get my ecs repaired with no response the other two are just flashing green with no throttle response.
Can you please advice Cobra racing.
send me an email to teamcobracing@gmail.com
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #7539
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
Hi Guys,

Little off topic but can anyone tell me how much physical timing is built into these locked timing Hobbywing Xerun Competition motors ? specifically the 13.5 to 21.5 winds

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=251

Thanks in advance
There is no motor on the market with zero timing even ones with mechanical end bell adjustment start at 28 degree.

The hobbywing fixed timing motors are fixed at 22 degree.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #7540
Tech Champion
 
oXYnary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,301
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary
Default

You know, might as well ask. Think Hobbywing could be convinced to make like a Micro 16amp ESC and motor for micro vehicles (sub 1/20th).
__________________
www.3drcracing.com <<RC Video Game.
Kyosho Mini-Z Buggy, Moto Racer | Losi Micro SCT, 8ight Mini
oXYnary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #7541
Tech Apprentice
 
Miholc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Slovenija, Europe
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
FDR 9.2? ...
Lets go for 6.5 - 7 maybe even lower (as mentioned in the LRP X12/10.5 Manual!)

Boost up to 30-40
Turbo up to 10-15
Start rpm 4000-5000....
Punch? ~7

Motor temp, on 2S lipo, may reach 90 Celcius! no problem!

I think it is even better to change Firmware to an older version 101224_STOCK, but this is not easily done....
Thanks! I successfuly downgraded firmware to 101224! Hope the HW/X12 combo will be happy now together and me too I'll report!
Miholc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #7542
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,632
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

This is probably wrong thread but I haven't found any closer to my topic.

Has anyone had experience with HW Xerun ESC and motors in 1/8th dirt oval racing?

I am thinking 150 amp with 2200 motor.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #7543
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw View Post
This is probably wrong thread but I haven't found any closer to my topic.

Has anyone had experience with HW Xerun ESC and motors in 1/8th dirt oval racing?

I am thinking 150 amp with 2200 motor.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
The 150 amp is used for monster trucks and 1/5th scale cars which have massive loads .

The 80amp is suited to 1/8th buggy and GT on road .

Both run the 2000kv and 2250kv motors

I recommened go with the 150 amp this way if you need to run trucks then you dont have to upgrade.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #7544
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
You know, might as well ask. Think Hobbywing could be convinced to make like a Micro 16amp ESC and motor for micro vehicles (sub 1/20th).
we only manufacture these units as oem not under the hobbywing name .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #7545
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miholc View Post
Thanks! I successfuly downgraded firmware to 101224! Hope the HW/X12 combo will be happy now together and me too I'll report!


you can run the x12's on any software from us as long as you dont go to aggressive on the esc settings and the adjustment of the x12 .

we have found that because the x12 has such a high degree of mechanical before you even add the dots that the esc will tend to go into sensorless mode .we have created new software the 930 mod and stock and the 508 and have adjusted the software for less sensor sensitivity but we cannot go lower as the sensor will eventually become useless .

conclusion dont go to crazy on the your settings and you will not have a problem running x12's
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0