R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #736
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Afazli79

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
I agree, check the sensor cable.
Already check and change to new ones still happen...
Afazli79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #737
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Confirmed price for them is $155.
$155 'with' the LCD is not as bad, but will there be a color choice?.

Ebay is killing on the price scale right now, $80AU delivered (for the old one), and choice of black or blue, which is nice if your like me and can't stand the idea of a bright blue esc in a red car, so superficial I know.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331

Last edited by Bishop; 07-13-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #738
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

Ebay is killing on the price scale right now, $80AU delivered (for the old one), and choice of black or blue, which is nice if your like me and can't stand the idea of a bright blue esc in a red car, so superficial I know.
So you're a 'cheap ass' as you wrote, but want a range of colours and the smaller redsigned 'stock' esc (that means stock motors) to be suitable for mod and around the bigger escs price range? - Some people are so difficult lol.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #739
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
So you're a 'cheap ass' as you wrote, but want a range of colours and the smaller redsigned 'stock' esc (that means stock motors) to be suitable for mod and around the bigger escs price range? - Some people are so difficult lol.
In reality all I wanted was black and no more than $120 (and keep in mind that's 50% above the old), not such a big ask when the old one comes in black and can be had for $80, but if it's not going to happen then I'll just buy the old one and live with it, no big deal.

Price and worth is relative, to me right now it's not hitting the mark, to someone else it's probably fine, in fact I'm sure they will sell well enough, just not to me right now, as it stands I'm bleeding money building up a whole car, so old version on ebay = fantastic, new = not so much.

You know it's a crime in RC to be cheap, but not so much the ass part...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #740
Tech Regular

Where can I get a the blank set up sheet I have seen in this thread?
Thanks
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #741
Tech Adept

Quote:
In reality all I wanted was black and no more than $120 (and keep in mind that's 50% above the old), not such a big ask when the old one comes in black and can be had for $80, but if it's not going to happen then I'll just buy the old one and live with it, no big deal.

Price and worth is relative, to me right now it's not hitting the mark, to someone else it's probably fine, in fact I'm sure they will sell well enough, just not to me right now, as it stands I'm bleeding money building up a whole car, so old version on ebay = fantastic, new = not so much.

You know it's a crime in RC to be cheap, but not so much the ass part...
The old model is incredible value and i'm not likely to get the smaller one either. Its a bit bulky and heavy, but for performance, price and ease of use its pretty much unbeatable.
maxg123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #742
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afazli79 View Post
Already check and change to new ones still happen...
the problem most likely to be sensor function problem
when the problem occurred you can check the LED Status,
if the LED is blinking, which mean something wrong
with sensor function. So if you have checked
and change only the sensor wire.
It can be the sensor board on your motor problem
or the motor itself has problem. i think
you can change the motor and try again.
mr.preay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #743
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Last edited by A Ilievski; 07-13-2010 at 04:57 PM.
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #744
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Bishop new pricing for the Extreme Stock will also include the LCD 2 in 1 program box which allows downloads of new software.

From what I can see the older version is $US80 at the cheap end. Add the programming box and the price comes up to around $US105. That comes out somewhere around Australian $125.

I have my order of the new Extreme stock arriving tomorrow. Confirmed price for them is $155. Not a huge difference for a smaller unit with a different capacitor as well
So what is the price for the unit MINUS the LCD card as most of us have these already, at the moment the 60amp V2.0 can be had for 47 DELIVERED to the UK from HK. At 155 AUD that is 90 which is close to DOUBLE the existing ESC costs.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 07-13-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Questions have been answered.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #745
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Trying to go back to SP 1.33 soft

My 2in1 break out box (hw) has v1.06 installed when booting up. I would like to try the 1.33 SP soft. I read a posting you have to backwards your soft.

Originally Posted by X men
I figured it out!
This is the way I did.
1) I erased all HW and SP softwares, just for a fresh start
2) Install HW1.5 from CD supplied from the box
3) go into the the HW folder and delete the version control file
4) download and install the SP1.32 and replace the 2 files as mentioned earlier in the thread.
5) update from the SP software and can choose from any version now

I deleted the version file as described. I then downloaded the SP 1.33. What 2 files am I suspose to replace? I assume I run some ? application from the modified HW folder. Which one?

By doing this I will be able to put the latest SP on my HW 2in1 box and there version of the boosted software?\

I want to try a little testing. I have both a xerun60 and SP lpf. I want to run the latest boosted verions on each esc.

There is so much information on three threads to read and keep up with. I tried and tired my head sorting all the info out. I have read so many software version numbers its all a blur right now.

Please point me in the right direction.,
Old 07-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #746
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post

Here here Max, the 'OLD' 60amp unit is proven to be near indestructible, easily programmable, reliable and cheap. There is no reason that anybody should 'invest' in the newer units at those sorts of prices until it can be proven that they are 'worth ' TWICE AS MUCH.
I've been waiting in excitement for the extreme stock, but I'm going to hold off now. If you think about it, the new extreme stock is mainly for aesthetics than performance. Why re-invent the wheel when your current logistics had a working distribution base. I would agree to the price increase if it came anywhere near the CS of Tekin. But we will have to wait to see how customers will be treated and how fast(I'm expecting a replacement speedo within 1 week).
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #747
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
So what is the price for the unit MINUS the LCD card as most of us have these already, at the moment the 60amp V2.0 can be had for 47 DELIVERED to the UK from HK. At 155 AUD that is 90 which is close to DOUBLE the existing ESC costs.

Personally I would recommend the OLD ESC for most users, it is reliable and flexible and we have been privy to its' abilities and development for a lot longer.

Had the Manufacturers / New Middle men actually done as requested by those of us who are in a position to pass comment and made the pre production models available for the sorts of 'torture' tests myself and my compatriots have undertaken with the 'old' units then we may have been in a position to offer some reasoning for actually taking these units, however having been sidelined for a considerable time over these 'new' units we are now back in the untenable situation in which we found ourselves with the SP/HW debacle where 'those inside the loop' are able to pass comment and those of us 'outside' must stump up considerable amounts of money to get testing to gain the best from these units, and then pass our experiences on to the community as a whole. At 47 I didn't mind testing the old units to destruction in the name of science but at 90 it is too much to ask us to do this.

Come on Hobbywing please DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU, we are your loyal customers here surely some returned loyalty is appropriate, how about an 'upgrade' scheme for those of us who have bought into the HW dream or is Hobywing to become another version of those manufacturers whom ask their customers to pay up for incremental hardware changes on a regular basis (a la LRP et al).

Here here Max, the 'OLD' 60amp unit is proven to be near indestructible, easily programmable, reliable and cheap. There is no reason that anybody should 'invest' in the newer units at those sorts of prices until it can be proven that they are 'worth ' TWICE AS MUCH.

Having been told that this pricing is in place to help take on the US market place, one in which TEKIN is king, and Speedpassion is an established brand using the same hardware; It seems that the new 'Distributor' is more interested in the US market than the rest of the world, which is a shame because AMERICA is not the be all and end all in this world. What is the point in having a 'Distributor' based in Australia, which as far as my geographical knowledge remembers is FURTHER away from Europe than Hong Kong / ShenZhen, when the best distribution networks are already in place in Hong Kong a place that has many many years experience in getting 'stuff' out to the wider world.

this Americanistic view of the world is what usually ends up pushing up prices for all items, as it is a country of Middle men each of whom takes a cut from the high prices charged for items sold. One can only assume that the 'extra' costs are to cover shipment of the Units from Shen Zhen to Australia and storage / advertising once there, great for the distributor, though not so grand for the poor end user who is now paying for the privilege of having an item shipped FURTHER away from where it is wanted before we have a chance to purchase it.

I for one hope that the exclusive agreement is short lived so HW can go back to selling to whoever wishes to sell them on at the best possible price for the consumer (YOU and Me)
First of all mr cherry you dont know what your talking about and im not going to get into an argument with you either .

Now this distribution has nothing to do with Australia its about opening the door to the usa nothing to do with oz .so dont bring oz into it .

Im here to help people not destroy people and there pockets .You just dont understand the principal of manufacturing why would Hobbywing make a new esc without improvements? They have new components and new and improved micro processor and many more features they also run co0ler than the older models .These things cost money .

Did you know that chinese wholesalers and hong kong in general were selling there product below of what hobbywing sells to its distributors they were basically under cutting the manufacturer and killing the market and causing damage to there distribution network as they dont care as they mark it up by selling other products at an increased price to make up the difference but in the process hobbywing was looking like a cheap narsty rtr brand with its future in the hands of these wholesalers.

As technology improves it also cost more to make do you complain of the petrol price you pay in england im sure you do but its expensive as to refine it cost more today than what it did 3 years ago so you expect the oil companies to give you a discount? i dont think so .It is what it is and you have to pay it no matter what or start catching public transport or start walking .manufacturing is the same pricing does go up it's life .

What happens when you buy an iphone? the price is expensive right then when a new model comes out it drops pricing as the new model is more expensive who do you want to pay all the rnd work that takes months and mothsn and sometimes years and 10's of thousands of dollars ?

Now if you happy to buy off ebay feel free and your happy to buy the old 60 amp no one is stopping you they are both great units the 60 amp and the xtreme stock but please do us a favour if you have excellent technical support skills please post your efforts and tests on the forum so everone can learn otherwise please just dont post to complain it is not needed this forum is for people to learn about the products and to become more educated with technology of electrics in r/c .i know you have produced a video of software upload etc and some other tech stuff keep on doing that and forget the politics.

thank you for your time and if your happy to deal with us we will help you as much as we can and sometimes beyond .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 07-13-2010 at 07:19 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #748
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Im here to help people not destroy people and there pockets .You just dont understand the principal of manufacturing why would Hobbywing make a new esc without improvements? They have new components and new and improved micro processor and many more features they also run co0ler than the older models .These things cost money .

regards Angelo
So the new ESC can outright beat out the RS? Because my old 60A version can run head-to-head with them currently. That'll be cool if it can
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #749
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
So the new ESC can outright beat out the RS? Because my old 60A version can run head-to-head with them currently. That'll be cool if it can
There are no problems with speed with the new Extreme Stock.
Below is a vid from a few weeks ago at a large 8th style track running the Extreme Stock, and a SP V3 10.5 motor.
Orange car in grid spot 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=144gV4mzdIU

The car was handling like a pig, but the massive top end over the other cars kept me in touch, and eventually allowed me to take the win.
Car 1 was a Team Wave (The vocal team driver who does their testing)
Car 3 was a LRP SXX
Others in the A final had a mixture of speedies including the Tekin fanboy "Senna Racing", i was at no time worried about power by any car, even managed to overtake the other front runners on the straights.

I have not had much experience with the old models, but the Extreme Stock runs the motor and speedie very cool, never getting about 150f, in the 2nd race i thought i would drop a tooth to try to get more punch instead of top end, but it just reduced top end, in hindsight i should have geared up, it would have been awesome.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #750
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:

I have ordered some of both but will not know until they arrive what I have received