Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I'm very interested in buying a HW ESC for 10,5T boosted Stock racing with a LRP/Nosram motor in my T3 '12. However, some people at my track complain about having brake issues with the 60A ESC while others say that those problems are non-existing with the 120A version. I'm very confused about this topic and I'd like you to help me

Thanks in advance!
There used to be problem with 60A on older software where brakes were weak, but with the newer software, this is gone.

No worries with 120A regarding brakes

Either one will do for boosted 10.5t, but i would recommend 120A or if you can wait the new V3, at least if you decide to run modified you are ready, but then again, if budget is an issue, 60A is top notch.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olly986
There used to be problem with 60A on older software where brakes were weak, but with the newer software, this is gone.

No worries with 120A regarding brakes

Either one will do for boosted 10.5t, but i would recommend 120A or if you can wait the new V3, at least if you decide to run modified you are ready, but then again, if budget is an issue, 60A is top notch.
Thanks for the quality answer!

When you mention older software- can older 60A ESC be upgraded with a new firmware? And when is the V3 coming approximately?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by russp
Which hobby wing each is best for boosted 17.5 and blinky 17.5.........60 xerun or 120 xerun 1 cell?

If you are going to get a 120 XErun, then get the 120A 1S model. It doesnt require a booster where the other models do.

Shawn.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

How do we know that we are running sensored or sensorless?

I took off sensor cable but no change in the LED notification with xerun 120A, sensored motor and 930_mod software
Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

I have a Speed Passion LFP 2.0 and recieved my LCD box today. I'm wondering what's the best software is for a 17.5T and 10.5T motor? I'm currently running the Speed Passion but I feel it lacks punch on the 17.5T compared to friends their hobbywing ecs's, even with the same settings.

Which software is the most efficient? And which software has the most punch for stock & superstock racing?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
If you are going to get a 120 XErun, then get the 120A 1S model. It doesnt require a booster where the other models do.

Shawn.
Except the Low voltage cut off circuitry doesn't work in blinky mode when running 1S yet.

Any update on the software update/fix for this?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can i upload hobbywing software on my speed passion esc?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by morgoth
I have a Speed Passion LFP 2.0 and recieved my LCD box today. I'm wondering what's the best software is for a 17.5T and 10.5T motor? I'm currently running the Speed Passion but I feel it lacks punch on the 17.5T compared to friends their hobbywing ecs's, even with the same settings.

Which software is the most efficient? And which software has the most punch for stock & superstock racing?
Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Can i upload hobbywing software on my speed passion esc?
I'll answer both of you at the same time, since it is the same subject.

Keep your software by make, ie HW hardware with HW software, SP hardware with SP software.

They are some differences in the programs, in theory, yes it will work, but it is not recommended.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Thanks for the quality answer!

When you mention older software- can older 60A ESC be upgraded with a new firmware? And when is the V3 coming approximately?
Yes you need to download the newer/latest software, your 60A could not be that old anyway.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i actually preferred the hobbywing compared to the speedpassion software.....was using it on all my esc's without any issue whatsoever..have used hobbywing on the following esc's

hw xtreme stock
sp gt 2.1 prostock
mm fleta 3.0 (ie sp gt 2.0)

all using the same hobbywing lcd program box with hobbywing software ofcourse
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by blade072
i actually preferred the hobbywing compared to the speedpassion software.....was using it on all my esc's without any issue whatsoever..have used hobbywing on the following esc's

hw xtreme stock
sp gt 2.1 prostock
mm fleta 3.0 (ie sp gt 2.0)

all using the same hobbywing lcd program box with hobbywing software ofcourse
I did not say that you cannot, but if HW racers think you shouldn't, well I guess they have a point, my HW was run with SP too at some stage.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
I did not say that you cannot, but if HW racers think you shouldn't, well I guess they have a point, my HW was run with SP too at some stage.
i did not say you did......have used both but always went back to HW
Old 01-18-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Great job on the new software!

I had my fist larger meeting with it on the weekend in 17.5 boosted...
Punch and speed up there with the Tekins. Didnt deel like i was in any way being slowed by the speedy
TeamWTF,

can you please share the details of your ESC parameters? Which FW version are you using?

I am compeeting in a local Cup (RCGT, Fanatix Racing in Athens) driving the following car:

HPI Sprint 2
Nosram Evo 17.5T
HW XeRUN 60A
Turnigy 3800mAh 40C
FDR 4.17 (seems optimal)
Rubber tires

The track has 2 long straights 50-60m+, and inside an technical part, so i need a balance between top speed and acceleration.

Track link: h**p://frt.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout= blog&id=10&Itemid=16

Thanx in advance,
Stefan
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crusadores
TeamWTF,

can you please share the details of your ESC parameters? Which FW version are you using?

I am compeeting in a local Cup (RCGT, Fanatix Racing in Athens) driving the following car:

HPI Sprint 2
Nosram Evo 17.5T
HW XeRUN 60A
Turnigy 3800mAh 40C
FDR 4.17 (seems optimal)
Rubber tires

The track has 2 long straights 50-60m+, and inside an technical part, so i need a balance between top speed and acceleration.

Track link: h**p://frt.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout= blog&id=10&Itemid=16

Thanx in advance,
Stefan
WOW! Thats an old post!
Currently using 930 (Latest stock software) with speed passion V3 motors (1cell and regular)

I use pretty much the same settings all the time, with varying FDR's for different tracks...
Usually I start around here...

Boost 40
Turbo 24
Start RPM 4000
Timing ACC 300
Turbo Delay 0.2
Turbo slope 6/.1

It gets hot here... Hence the low turbo slope and use of turbo delay. I cant really help with the FDR as I have not used the x12 based motors, but looking at the track I'd say a low FDR would be good. 4.17 is very low, but as I said I have not used one of those motors.

Also, I'd upgrade your batteries. Packs that hold good volts over a run are very important. I use 5000 40c Gens ace packs that are 1 year old... and I feel they are starting to lose some performance.

As always, keep a close eye on temperatures during testing.

Good luck,
Phill

ps, that same 'big event' is here again. Lucky for me I'm over half a second a lap quicker than last year... Partly speed control partly motor partly chassis setup changes.... All things come together. Dont forget that when playing with ESC settings....
Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
WOW! Thats an old post!
Currently using 930 (Latest stock software) with speed passion V3 motors (1cell and regular)

I use pretty much the same settings all the time, with varying FDR's for different tracks...
Usually I start around here...

Boost 40
Turbo 24
Start RPM 4000
Timing ACC 300
Turbo Delay 0.2
Turbo slope 6/.1

It gets hot here... Hence the low turbo slope and use of turbo delay. I cant really help with the FDR as I have not used the x12 based motors, but looking at the track I'd say a low FDR would be good. 4.17 is very low, but as I said I have not used one of those motors.

Also, I'd upgrade your batteries. Packs that hold good volts over a run are very important. I use 5000 40c Gens ace packs that are 1 year old... and I feel they are starting to lose some performance.

As always, keep a close eye on temperatures during testing.

Good luck,
Phill

ps, that same 'big event' is here again. Lucky for me I'm over half a second a lap quicker than last year... Partly speed control partly motor partly chassis setup changes.... All things come together. Dont forget that when playing with ESC settings....
Thank you!
As far as i know my older Evolution motor is not as hi rev as the x12s.

Unfortunately i can't afford new batteries(among other stuff ), so i stick with my year old 20C and 40C. After pushing the slope to the fastest during the last race, i had the car cutoff completely 4 mins into the race. Motor temp was 80-85C, ESC was cold so it must have been the batteries. Outside temp was 1-2Celcius for the track is on the mountain and this is a very cold winter in Greece.
Will probably work towards a 4.7 FDR if my pinion/spur collection permits it. I was trying to acquire top speed in order to be on par with the 13.5T that run alongside.
I still can't understand whether turbo waits for boost to complete (40 degrees in your example) and adds the rest 24 degrees according to TURBO SLOPE (.4sec to reach a total of 64 degress).
Any clues?

Stefanos

BTW:I am also on the 930 fw.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.