R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #7351
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey guys, this may be a dumb question but what is the big difference between the v2.0 and v2.1? Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #7352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Posted this in offroad sect yesterday and got no response yet

Hey guys. Need a little help. I purchased a 60amp ESC and 5.5 turn combo about a year ago for my nephews blitz. Rediculous, I know, but that's the only combo the shop had on hand at the time. Here's where things went bad. In my haste to hurry and get it in one day, I hooked it up backwards for a second and fairly certain I fried, what I believe is, the capacitor. Pretty much smoked it. The ESC still comes on and operates correctly and the motor still runs and all, but it has no power. This thing should be ballistic in this truck. Gearing is pretty close to what's recommended, so I'm sure this isn't the issue. Will this part cause the issue I'm having? Also, where can I get one to replace it?! Thanks

cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #7353
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
hey guys, this may be a dumb question but what is the big difference between the v2.0 and v2.1? Thanks
From my understanding the BEC, and the FETS were slightly different between them. The end user of the ESC wont notice the difference.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #7354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc View Post
Hey guys. Need a little help. I purchased a 60amp ESC and 5.5 turn combo about a year ago for my nephews blitz. Rediculous, I know, but that's the only combo the shop had on hand at the time. Here's where things went bad. In my haste to hurry and get it in one day, I hooked it up backwards for a second and fairly certain I fried, what I believe is, the capacitor. Pretty much smoked it. The ESC still comes on and operates correctly and the motor still runs and all, but it has no power. This thing should be ballistic in this truck. Gearing is pretty close to what's recommended, so I'm sure this isn't the issue. Will this part cause the issue I'm having? Also, where can I get one to replace it?! Thanks

Although I dont think the smoked capacitor bank is causing all your problems. there is no point on continuing fault finding until its replaced! :-)

Once you get that fixed, then post your ESC settings, Motor type, gearing etc. And I am sure you will get enough info to point you in the right direction.

My Pancar suddenly didnt want to go into turbo, and was dead slow. First thing I checked was the radio callibration. Fixed the problem right away.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:46 PM   #7355
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Although I dont think the smoked capacitor bank is causing all your problems. there is no point on continuing fault finding until its replaced! :-)

Once you get that fixed, then post your ESC settings, Motor type, gearing etc. And I am sure you will get enough info to point you in the right direction.

My Pancar suddenly didnt want to go into turbo, and was dead slow. First thing I checked was the radio callibration. Fixed the problem right away.

Shawn
Thanks for the reply! So where can I get one in the states? Either stock or the upgrade one, doesn't matter. Or do I need to just go ahead and order one from hong kong? Thanks
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #7356
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! So where can I get one in the states? Either stock or the upgrade one, doesn't matter. Or do I need to just go ahead and order one from hong kong? Thanks
Team CRC in new york contact Frank calandra he will help you out
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #7357
Tech Elite

Quote:

could be the capacitor bank but maybe not at the same time the capacitor is 100% damaged but you could have also damaged some mosfets
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #7358
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
software works on both but i do know there is new mosfets and and upgrade to the bec and also voltage regulator upgrades to the 2.1
Old 12-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #7359
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Team CRC in new york contact Frank calandra he will help you out
Hi Gang,

Thanks for the post Angelo, and thank you for all your help with the CRC/Hobbywing transition.

Yes it is true, Calandra Racing Concepts (www.teamcrc.com) is now your source for Hobbywing products and support in North America. We have been using and racing the products for some time now and we are VERY impressed. Easy to use, fast and affordable.

In racing applications, for the 2011-12 indoor road racing season, drivers with Hobbywing speedos have been VERY fast in both open and blinky racing classes in Las Vegas and Cleveland.

In the boosted (open) 17.5 class at the recent US Indoor Champs in Cleveland, the Hobbywing 120A 1s (CRC 7002) unit was the ONLY speed control to turn a 47 lap run. In fact, the #1 and 2 qualified drivers used the Hobbywing to turn these untouchable 47 lap runs. In addition, the Hobbywing powered 1:12th 17.5 car was the ONLY car to turn a sub-10 second lap time at the event. Any speedo can be setup to turn one magic lap, only to heat the motor and fade later in the run. The Hobbywing was able to set fast lap and fast 8 minute run. Truly efficient power; boost, boost ramp, turbo, turbo ramp, delay... the Hobbywing has all the tools you need.

As you all know, with the 120A 1s unit, no receiver pack is needed, and after using it, I can attest that it is great not have to deal with RX packs, wiring, installing and charging them.

In short course and offroad, we had great luck this summer running the 120A 2s (CRC 7003) unit in our 13.5 open offroad class.

With regard to sport/hobby use, we have been testing the EZRUN units and the performance and durability is great for beating around the parking lot or dirt roads.

The Hobbywing product line is quite extensive and we are building up inventory and stock now. We have some of the more high-end performance products in stock now with more coming soon. Look for EZRUN, motors parts and accessories in stock soon.

In addition, we have the current Hobbywing USB link software V1.64 on the Team CRC site for download HERE. This is the ".zip" version which many Windows users find a bit easier to deal with than the ".rar" version found on the Hobbywing site.

For now, we have the software and some of our speedo setups on the CRC Tech page. In time, Hobbywing will have a standalone Tech page for speedo setups and software.

CRC will have reps at the following big events to handle race support for Hobbywing;

Oval - Spektrum New Year Dash - Oneida, NY
Road + Oval - Snowbird Nationals - Orlando, Florida
Offroad - Motorama Indoor Offroad - Harrisburg, PA
Prairie Nights Road Race - North Dakota

While Angelo is obviously the "The Master" here on the forums, we will be here as well and we can also be reached at info@teamcrc.com .

Thanks,
Frank Calandra
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 AM   #7360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I witnessed first hand, the Hobbywing/CRC advantage at the US Indoor Champs. Frank Jr. Brian Wynn, and Wayne Gerber were all incredibly quick.

In my 25+ years of racing, the spec motor 12th scale classes have always displayed what the best available electronics were at any given point.

Factor in Hobbywing's support, along with the great efforts of the CRC/Hobbywing team, and you can expect great things to come. I can see my self making the switch VERY soon.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #7361
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post

CRC will have reps at the following big events to handle race support for Hobbywing;

Oval - Spektrum New Year Dash - Oneida, NY
Road + Oval - Snowbird Nationals - Orlando, Florida
Offroad - Motorama Indoor Offroad - Harrisburg, PA
Prairie Nights Road Race - North Dakota
We will also be here:

360v2 Road race weekend Jan 7-8
Middle River Sweep Challange Jan 21-22
Fort Collins CO Feb24-26
Canadian On-Road Nats March 9-11

More dates coming soon!
www.teamcrc.com, www.teamscreamracing.com, Outlaw RC Motorsports, KO Propo USA, www.crcraceway.com, Dumper's Speedshop, FB/FX Paint. 38.4mm>38mm, 9 degrees does not = Zero end of story. Vice-President of the F1 Pink Flame Posse
dumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #7362
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys... I run the JustStock ESC with a 17.5 TC class. Do I need to run with the fan on the ESC?? If not could I then connect the fan from my motor to run off the speed control where the ESC fans plugs into? Would this damage the speed control? What temp is safe for the speed control to run at, I can check it at the end of a run. This is to help clean up my wiring, running a transponder ect...
Thanks

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #7363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
Hey guys... I run the JustStock ESC with a 17.5 TC class. Do I need to run with the fan on the ESC?? If not could I then connect the fan from my motor to run off the speed control where the ESC fans plugs into? Would this damage the speed control? What temp is safe for the speed control to run at, I can check it at the end of a run. This is to help clean up my wiring, running a transponder ect...
Thanks
17.5T zero timing will be ok with no fan just monitor the temp but im sure it will not go over 60 c .yes you can run the fan off the esc for your motor .just make sure the current draw of the fan your running on your motor is the same as the current and voltage on the esc fan which you will remove then im sure you will have no issue even 0.1 of an amp more wouldnt cause you much of a concern.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #7364
Tech Elite

Dear Freinds

As most of you are not aware some esc's do come with older esc software loaded and some people update the software on the esc through the usb link but forget to update the 2 in 1 programmer thus getting errors please update software on the 2 in 1 programmer

so when updating from older version please also update the 2 in 1 programmer .

happy new year friends and thank you all for the support in 2011

regards Angelo
Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #7365
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Could I ask for some advice, please?

I'm shortly going to start racing 1:10 2wd off-road, I'm not going to be running crazy low-wind motors (9.5T is the lowest I'll go probably), also I might do some TC (13.5T).

Which is the most suitable ESC for this? I'm looking at either the Extreme Stock ESC or the XERUN 60A 2.1 ESC.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Joe
Joe_K is offline   Reply With Quote