R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 12-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #7276
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCaRnAtE View Post
We run open esc , i have a crc genx 1/12 scale with the rears starting at 42mm.

Really just looking for the optimum setting for the esc.

Thanks again
ok, give me a list of all your default set-up to work things out.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #7277
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
I don't think the Xtreme stock can take that low of motor
olly, looking at the manual now it says 8.5, but it is not clear in which mode, I know that I can used modified and stock program on it, but it still not clear that to me.
Thinking maybe of getting a Xerun, it accepts 3.5T.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #7278
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
olly, looking at the manual now it says 8.5, but it is not clear in which mode, I know that I can used modified and stock program on it, but it still not clear that to me.
Thinking maybe of getting a Xerun, it accepts 3.5T.
I wouldn't chance the Xtrem with a mod that low, mine's a Xerun 120A but if you can wait a little, get the new V3 that looks to be out early 2012.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #7279
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio

Quote:
I wouldn't chance the Xtrem with a mod that low, mine's a Xerun 120A but if you can wait a little, get the new V3 that looks to be out early 2012.
Yes I agree, I am going to wait for the new V3, as it can handle lower turns motors.
But I am really happy with the Xtreme, most of the superstock (how we call here) are using it.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #7280
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
Yes I agree, I am going to wait for the new V3, as it can handle lower turns motors.
But I am really happy with the Xtreme, most of the superstock (how we call here) are using it.
The xtreme stock can run to a low turn of 5.5T motor no turbo (and i mean no turbo) 8.5T and above with turbo .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #7281
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The xtreme stock can run to a low turn of 5.5T motor no turbo (and i mean no turbo) 8.5T and above with turbo .
I guess you need to really know how to set your speedo and fdr with a 5.5t or is it safe enough with no turbo Angelo?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #7282
Tech Rookie

Quote:
ok, give me a list of all your default set-up to work things out.
Here it is

Hardware Version 427_V1.0
Software V3.0_11090_MOD
Running Mode - Forward Only with Brake
Drag Brake Force - 10%
Low Voltage Cut-Off - 3.0V/Cell
"DDRS" Start Mode - Level 7
Maximum Brake Force - 100%
Maximum Reverse Force - 10% no idea why because it's a forward only
Initial Brake Force - 0%
Neutral Range - 6% Narrow
Boost Timing - 0 deg
Turbo Open Time - 24 deg/0.1 sec
Over-Heat Protection - Enable
Turbo Timing - 10 deg
Boost Start RPM - 1000 rpm this one is greyed out and non adjustable
Turbo Open Delay - 0.4 sec
Boost Timing ACC - 50 rpm/deg this one is also greyed out and non adjustable

Thanks
InCaRnAtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #7283
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I know this is in the wrong section but I plan on using a hobbywing stock supercharged esc in my 1/10th 2wd offroad buggy on a clay track with 17.5t motor and I'd like some sort of starting point for the settings... the settings in the manual for 17.5 are way too low I need alot more power... anyone with any experience would be awesome thanks
Justin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #7284
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman_evil View Post
Can anyone tell me if you can use the Speed passion LCD programming box to program the Xerun 120amp ESC?
You can but fwiw you need the 1.37 SP software to first update the 2in1 Programming box. Then you can update the programming box to the Hobbywing latest version. You need such as otherwise when you use the Hobbywing updated esc firmware, you get a "Update Programming box" message when attempting to program the esc alone with the box. 1.36 versions 2n1 firmware is an off number from the Hobbywing version, so the Hobbywing software wont let you update. The 1.37 SP version has a newer 2n1 firmware that matches one of the older Hobbywing, so then you can update.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #7285
Tech Elite

Quote:
I guess you need to really know how to set your speedo and fdr with a 5.5t or is it safe enough with no turbo Angelo?
Can run 5.5T with non agressive settings .You gear it to agressive and you will kill anything
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #7286
Tech Elite

If you download the usb link 1.64 which is the latest and run 930 stock or 930 mod it has been upgraded with the new 1s lipo protection cutoff

The v3 508 no timing will be upgraded with the 1s cut off after new year .

thanks guys
Old 12-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #7287
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
You can but fwiw you need the 1.37 SP software to first update the 2in1 Programming box. Then you can update the programming box to the Hobbywing latest version. You need such as otherwise when you use the Hobbywing updated esc firmware, you get a "Update Programming box" message when attempting to program the esc alone with the box. 1.36 versions 2n1 firmware is an off number from the Hobbywing version, so the Hobbywing software wont let you update. The 1.37 SP version has a newer 2n1 firmware that matches one of the older Hobbywing, so then you can update.
correct +1
Old 12-21-2011, 02:16 AM   #7288
Tech Rookie

Hello, I need your help to solve a problem.
The problem arrives when to too different ESC, HW XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) and SP GT2.1 ProStock, I tried to change the SW. Both had the SW 211Stock and I have changed by the SW 205Mod using the Link Application SW from HW V1.64 and the Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW.
It seems that it is correctly updated then I disconnect the ESC, I disconnect the LCD from the computer and I connect again the ESC to check with the LCD that the parameters have been correctly loaded.
Here starts the problem. The LCD is connected but it doesn’t detect any SW of the ESC and the ESC starts to emit green flashes each 1 second with intervals of 2 seconds.
I connect the LCD to the computer and start the Link Application and it not connect with the ESC Electro. It recognises the LCD and I can update it without problem.

Thank you for your help.
JoseLu

Quote:
Does the esc load the software when you have the programmer and the pc all connected together do you get any options on the pc usb link which you can change the settings on the pc itself ?

If not i can see your problem from mixing and trying to match sp and hw you have corrupted the factory flash rom settings and it does blink green or sometimes a solid green which mean factory settings have been erased .If thats the case the esc needs to be returned to factory for restting and loading of factory settings .
Thanks for your fast reply Angelo and olly986.
Angelo, the answer for your question is, no.
My doubt is, Why has ocurred when I has used one ESC XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) with Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW and Link Application SW from HW V1.64?
What have I done wrong?

Thank´s you for your help,
JoseLu
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:03 AM   #7289
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyracing View Post
Hello, I need your help to solve a problem.
The problem arrives when to too different ESC, HW XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) and SP GT2.1 ProStock, I tried to change the SW. Both had the SW 211Stock and I have changed by the SW 205Mod using the Link Application SW from HW V1.64 and the Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW.
It seems that it is correctly updated then I disconnect the ESC, I disconnect the LCD from the computer and I connect again the ESC to check with the LCD that the parameters have been correctly loaded.
Here starts the problem. The LCD is connected but it doesn’t detect any SW of the ESC and the ESC starts to emit green flashes each 1 second with intervals of 2 seconds.
I connect the LCD to the computer and start the Link Application and it not connect with the ESC Electro. It recognises the LCD and I can update it without problem.

Thank you for your help.
JoseLu

Thanks for your fast reply Angelo and olly986.
Angelo, the answer for your question is, no.
My doubt is, Why has ocurred when I has used one ESC XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) with Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW and Link Application SW from HW V1.64?
What have I done wrong?

Thank´s you for your help,
JoseLu
You havent done anything wrong thats for sure it's just sometimes flash memory does that it loses its factory settings it could be heat it could have been anything even a corrupt file so it could be anything .It does need to come back to factory to be re programmed .
Old 12-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #7290
Tech Rookie

Quote:
If you download the usb link 1.64 which is the latest and run 930 stock or 930 mod it has been upgraded with the new 1s lipo protection cutoff

The v3 508 no timing will be upgraded with the 1s cut off after new year .

thanks guys
So can this be run on an Extreme Stock, it will allow you to set to 1S and it will protect the cell with the correct cut off value.
derekk is offline   Reply With Quote