R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #7261
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio View Post
I am using the v1.64 of the HW software, I think it is the latest isn't it?
Also I am using the 110119_STOCK Firmware is it also the latest or there is any other newer than this one and where can I get as my HW software does not show the 110211 _STOCK Firmware which by what I read is the latest if so where can I get it?
The 211 has been updated to the 930. Which is in the 1.64 USB Link Software.

there is 4 major version of the software from HW, and they all work alittle different, so running the newest version might not be the best for your application.

The major revisions are 1224, 119, 508, and 930 (now - was 211)

508 Is Blinky.

The 211/213/930 dont allow the turbo to kickin until all the boost has been applied & the turbo delay has elapsed.

1224 and 119 will apply the turbo after the delay has elapsed, but doesnt wait until all the boost is applied.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:35 AM   #7262
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post

there is 4 major version of the software from HW, and they all work alittle different, so running the newest version might not be the best for your application.

508 Is Blinky.

The 211/213/930 dont allow the turbo to kickin until all the boost has been applied & the turbo delay has elapsed.

1224 and 119 will apply the turbo after the delay has elapsed, but doesnt wait until all the boost is applied.
Shawn, good to know that it is my first HW esc and I am enjoying it, good quality stuff.
My set up ist TRF416X, 5300 Lipos, 10.5T SP MMM motor.
The track is quite long, a long straight my FDR is 7.0 now but I have a lot of options, I put yesterday the 119 what do you think? I am still learning about those things of timming and turbo, have to say that I am still lost on it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #7263
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post

508 Is Blinky.

More for my own knowledge but I thought in the 211/213/930 software the turbo delay is almost not needed due to it not allowing turbo until after all the boost is applied. So what I'm getting at is that the turbo delay actually starts counting as soon as full throttle is applied it not once all the boost has been used ?

I hope that makes sense
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #7264
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to speedwork
Default NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPER CHARGED SOFTWARE

I need urgent help.
I have a stock motor and esc Xtreme Speed ​​Passion 10.5t.
I know the most current version of the software for better performance.

I wanted to know the ideal setup for a short runway
I use the software's speed passio?
in order to know which is the version most suitable for this and for that esc

grateful
speedwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #7265
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
More for my own knowledge but I thought in the 211/213/930 software the turbo delay is almost not needed due to it not allowing turbo until after all the boost is applied. So what I'm getting at is that the turbo delay actually starts counting as soon as full throttle is applied it not once all the boost has been used ?

I hope that makes sense
Thats right, but I still run a delay, as I dont want the turbo to be added on until I am on the straight away. Having to much timing on the infield slows the car down, and makes the motor hot.

Alot of the settings on the HW can change the feel of the ESC. I have realized from talking and messaging with other HW users, that my settings are considerably different then other peoples, but equally as quick.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #7266
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Yep but I need more from you, speedo setup, fdr, track etc..

I am not too familiar with 1s but I will help if no one else does, I have already helped a few guys with TC setups.

I have all the settings on the esc at the defaults which I'm thinking are the ones with the * in front of them, the track is flat Ozite oval with 44 foot straightaways, I'm running 74 spur and a 53 pinion 1 cell with a trinity 13.5.

fdr of 1.40

rollout of 94.50

Any help would be great.
InCaRnAtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #7267
Tech Rookie

Hello, I need your help to solve a problem.
The problem arrives when to too different ESC, HW XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) and SP GT2.1 ProStock, I tried to change the SW. Both had the SW 211Stock and I have changed by the SW 205Mod using the Link Application SW from HW V1.64 and the Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW.
It seems that it is correctly updated then I disconnect the ESC, I disconnect the LCD from the computer and I connect again the ESC to check with the LCD that the parameters have been correctly loaded.
Here starts the problem. The LCD is connected but it doesn’t detect any SW of the ESC and the ESC starts to emit green flashes each 1 second with intervals of 2 seconds.
I connect the LCD to the computer and start the Link Application and it not connect with the ESC Electro. It recognises the LCD and I can update it without problem.

Thank you for your help.
JoseLu
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #7268
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Shawn, good to know that it is my first HW esc and I am enjoying it, good quality stuff.
My set up ist TRF416X, 5300 Lipos, 10.5T SP MMM motor.
The track is quite long, a long straight my FDR is 7.0 now but I have a lot of options, I put yesterday the 119 what do you think? I am still learning about those things of timming and turbo, have to say that I am still lost on it.
You should change your fdr to 7.50/8 to start, then set your speedo again making sure your motor does not get too hot

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #7269
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyracing View Post
The problem arrives when to too different ESC, HW XERUN-120A-1S-SD (V2.1) and SP GT2.1 ProStock, I tried to change the SW. Both had the SW 211Stock and I have changed by the SW 205Mod using the Link Application SW from HW V1.64 and the Advanced Professional LCD Program Box of HW.
It seems that it is correctly updated then I disconnect the ESC, I disconnect the LCD from the computer and I connect again the ESC to check with the LCD that the parameters have been correctly loaded.
Here starts the problem. The LCD is connected but it doesn’t detect any SW of the ESC and the ESC starts to emit green flashes each 1 second with intervals of 2 seconds.
I connect the LCD to the computer and start the Link Application and it not connect with the ESC Electro. It recognises the LCD and I can update it without problem.

Thank you for your help.
JoseLu
It is recommended to run the HW software with HW ESC and SP software with SP ESC, they are some small changes from one software to another.

Make sure to load the software TWICE on the speedo, even if it tells you it is loaded the first time.

You need to have the HW software on the LCD loaded before you can download any software to ESC.

Not sure about green light, Angelo will be able to tell you more on this one.
Is it not into blinky mode? when it flashes?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:48 AM   #7270
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCaRnAtE View Post
I have all the settings on the esc at the defaults which I'm thinking are the ones with the * in front of them, the track is flat Ozite oval with 44 foot straightaways, I'm running 74 spur and a 53 pinion 1 cell with a trinity 13.5.

fdr of 1.40

rollout of 94.50

Any help would be great.
Hi
I went back into your previous post, do you run a mod or blinky serie?
What is it in 13.5t oval?
Also what size rear tyre do you use? between 67 and 68mm? how low do they get after a run?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #7271
Tech Adept

Quote:
You should change your fdr to 7.50/8 to start, then set your speedo again making sure your motor does not get too hot
Olly986, thanks for the advice I will try that too.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 AM   #7272
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyracing View Post

Thank you for your help.
JoseLu
Does the esc load the software when you have the programmer and the pc all connected together do you get any options on the pc usb link which you can change the settings on the pc itself ?

If not i can see your problem from mixing and trying to match sp and hw you have corrupted the factory flash rom settings and it does blink green or sometimes a solid green which mean factory settings have been erased .If thats the case the esc needs to be returned to factory for restting and loading of factory settings .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #7273
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hi
I went back into your previous post, do you run a mod or blinky serie?
What is it in 13.5t oval?
Also what size rear tyre do you use? between 67 and 68mm? how low do they get after a run?
We run open esc , i have a crc genx 1/12 scale with the rears starting at 42mm.

Really just looking for the optimum setting for the esc.

Thanks again
InCaRnAtE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 AM   #7274
Tech Adept

Default Modified

Another question:
Is it possible to load a modified program on it and run a 4.5 SP MMM on it?
Old 12-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #7275
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Another question:
Is it possible to load a modified program on it and run a 4.5 SP MMM on it?
I don't think the Xtreme stock can take that low of motor