R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #7216
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by THuhtamaki View Post
Does the new software have the reverse delay setup that was discussed a few pages back?
till now, my information for that problem is the new V3 program will have a new running mode of FWD/BRAKE/3REV which means the third time you apply brake, it will reverse. Current FWD/BRAKE/2REV mode will still be available.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #7217
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys.....

I have recently changed over to a X12 17.5 motor, and looking for a good setup to run on my new motor.

I use to run a SP V3 motor which was ok, it had good speed but was still not on par with the Tekin/X12 17.5 combo's the quick guys run at my track.

They have recommend I run a rollout of 30mm with boost timing in the low 40's.

Anyone have a good/quick but safe setup I can try, I would hate to fry my new motor, I believe the x12's have a tendency to get very hot due to the high mechanical timing.

The X12 motor has the 4 dot insert (-10 degrees) in for the lowest mechanical timing.

Thx in advance

Last edited by SeanV; 12-13-2011 at 12:58 AM.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #7218
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Beware of the following seller http://myworld.ebay.com/steel-series

reasons wont allow questions to be sent to him about product .also product is stocked in many countries which is impossible then has singapore shipping at the bottom of page .just be alert

ID BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BUY HOBBYWING PRODUCTS FROM ASIAN SELLERS ON EBAY .WE HAVE FOUND COPIES AMOUNGST THE ORIGINAL PRODUCTS.SO BASICALLY TELLS ME THEY ARE BUYING BOTH ORIGINAL AND COPIES AND THATS WHY PRICES ARE LOW ONE OFFSETS THE OTHER .SO BE CAREFUL
Hmm strange, i bought and communicate with steel-series a couple of times before and get very fast communication and shipping. They sell genuine products. I just bought a SCT-PRO recently and verify with Hobbywing and it's a genuine product. Erm, i think you have to login to send a question, i tried and it works with all ebay products.
flatspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #7219
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspin View Post
Hmm strange, i bought and communicate with steel-series a couple of times before and get very fast communication and shipping. They sell genuine products. I just bought a SCT-PRO recently and verify with Hobbywing and it's a genuine product. Erm, i think you have to login to send a question, i tried and it works with all ebay products.
+1

Bought a 120A v2.1 a week ago and it's genuine, and seller is very communicative.
Gusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #7220
Tech Elite

ok good to know you have communication as i have tried many times logged in at ebay with no avail as we are finding more and more fakes which is becoming a real concern to us at the moment.Good to see that most of you have communication with the seller please let us know in the future of any others you know that sell the genuine product and do communicate.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 PM   #7221
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
ok good to know you have communication as i have tried many times logged in at ebay with no avail as we are finding more and more fakes which is becoming a real concern to us at the moment.Good to see that most of you have communication with the seller please let us know in the future of any others you know that sell the genuine product and do communicate.
perhaps you may want to post some pics comparing a real Xerun with a fake/clone Xerun side by side here, in this way buyers will take better note of it.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #7222
Tech Initiate

I posted the comparison a few weeks back in Singapore board, just to share with those who are interested. We are not aware of any SCT-PRO fakes at the moment, but do take note of the EZRUN and the XERUN 120A.

Lately, it was brought to our attention that there are some Fake Hobbywing products floating around the market, especially online China sellers.

We communicated with Hobbywing and provide you the below differences to take note of when buying a Hobbywing product, specifically the XERUN 60A/120A series.

Mobile: +65 93367036
ManiaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #7223
Tech Adept

Talking v3 esc

Ok can not contain myself .When is the TITC. Can not wait to here the release date,then the wait for it to hit the shops it's doing my head in.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #7224
Tech Adept

could someone confirm the x12 can now be run with the HW speedo thanks ?
Burney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #7225
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burney View Post
They always could ...just use the right program (224) the right fdr and motor fan. What size motor? blinky or variable timing?

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #7226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
till now, my information for that problem is the new V3 program will have a new running mode of FWD/BRAKE/3REV which means the third time you apply brake, it will reverse. Current FWD/BRAKE/2REV mode will still be available.
I have asked but i havent been answered so i wouldnt know .I have asked for the delay for over 1 year now .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #7227
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burney View Post
keep the end bell timing moderate or the esc timing not so aggressive and you will not have an issue running the x12
Old 12-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #7228
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Software

!

Last edited by TopherCabrales; 12-12-2011 at 08:14 PM.
TopherCabrales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #7229
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Hi guys.....

I have recently changed over to a X12 17.5 motor, and looking for a good setup to run on my new motor.

I use to run a SP V3 motor which was ok, it had good speed but was still not on par with the Tekin/X12 17.5 combo's the quick guys run at my track.

They have recommend I run a rollout of 30mm with boost timing in the low 40's.

Anyone have a good/quick but safe setup I can try, I would hate to fry my new motor, I believe the x12's have a tendency to get very hot due to the high mechanical timing.

The X12 motor has the 4 dot insert (-10 degrees) in for the lowest mechanical timing.

Thx in advance
Bump..... anyone please?

Thx
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #7230
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Bump..... anyone please?

Thx
Yes, the X12's get hot, but they can take it. I was always targetting 90C as a running temp with those motor's, but usually they can handle more fine (I remember one meeting I was using one it came off over 100C every run... but still ran like a rocket ship!).
Simply put, as others have suggested, personally I would start out with the 4dot insert, and then set a moderate level of boost and turbo, a bit like...

FDR; 2 teeth less than the SP
Boost; 30steps
Ramp; 400 rpm/step
Turbo delay; 0.2s
Turbo ramp; 12
Turbo; 15steps

Thats with the 211/930 software mind, and they are a best guess!
I've never run the 1224, so no idea about it really.

HiH
Ed