R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #7171
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRonny View Post
I put an Xtreme Stock in my HotBodiex TCX this weekend and I had some problem with it.

We need to run the "blinky" "no boost" mode in the 17.5T class, so I put the "508_NO timing" software in it.
The first thing I notice is that there is no blinking led to indicate to the tech people that I run a "no boost" mod.
Second thing is that I have a really bad delay when braking, I calibrate everything twice and try all kind of set up... but nothing change, the car will not brake when I ask it, it took like 4 to 8 feets befor it brake.

Not a good weekend...

Anyone with the same problem or a solution to this?
Dear Ronny

please run the v3-508 software blinky mode this new firmware has 8 options for brakes 4 more than the first version

I have the link below were you can download the new usb link 1.64 software which has the v3 508 in its database .

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....64_111011.rar

i have also included the winrar extraction tool that you can also download to extract the files from there compressed format .

http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-b...-10007677.html

please let me know how you go

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #7172
NTS
Tech Initiate

Default 1224 settings with X12 13.5?

Hello,

I'm keen to try 1224 with my X12 (TC rubber tyres) as a few people suggest this should be a better software for the X12.

Currently I've had the best results with:

211 / X12 13.5
30 Boost
12 Turbo slope
10 Turbo Timing
6000 Boost Start
600 ACC

Can anyone suggest where I should be aiming with 1224 on a 15'x30' carpet track?

Cheers,

Nick
NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #7173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The 1s voltage cutoff will soon be available michael is working on it now .
man, that is cool. thanks!
lowroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #7174
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

COBRARACING,

I sent an e-mail back in Oct to hobbywing about my faulty speed Controller I talked about on here (1s booster not working) and Have not gotten a response.

What do I have to do to get someone to respond to me?

I sent it on Oct 18th from the account jdeadman@gmail.com

I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
jdeadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #7175
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cobra....

Please advise what the projected release date is for the new V3 ESC....

I urgently need to get a new 120A ESC and would hate to buy the V2.1 120A ESC, and then find out a week later that the new one is getting released.

Thx
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #7176
Tech Elite

Hi Guys i Got some information on the x12's from lrp from the Guru Reto its good to be friends even with the competition

The X12 sensors are located at 27.5 of the position related to center of stack (with 4dot insert) and each insert increases timing by 5.
the rest is speedo related to the handling with "hall sensor errors" I believe.so basically to much motor timing and then excessive esc timing errors will occur thus sending the esc to sensorless mode to protect the esc and motor.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-06-2011, 03:19 AM   #7177
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Guys i Got some information on the x12's from lrp from the Guru Reto its good to be friends even with the competition

The X12 sensors are located at 27.5 of the position related to center of stack (with 4dot insert) and each insert increases timing by 5.
the rest is speedo related to the handling with "hall sensor errors" I believe.so basically to much motor timing and then excessive esc timing errors will occur thus sending the esc to sensorless mode to protect the esc and motor.
Yes, the same problem exists with the motor Graupner Sport, a high mechanical timing added at the maximum electronic timing may exceed 60 degrees total, definitely creating problems in the sensor reading.
With engines with high mechanical advance the only way to avoid problems is to use low electronic timing.
I prefer, with a supercharged software, engine with standard low mechanical timing(5/10) I have the opportunity to exploit the maximum electronic timing, with this combination you have high performance and low temperatures.
Motors with high mechanical timing are good for blinky mode.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:33 AM   #7178
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTS View Post
Hello,

I'm keen to try 1224 with my X12 (TC rubber tyres) as a few people suggest this should be a better software for the X12.

Currently I've had the best results with:

211 / X12 13.5
30 Boost
12 Turbo slope
10 Turbo Timing
6000 Boost Start
600 ACC

Can anyone suggest where I should be aiming with 1224 on a 15'x30' carpet track?

Cheers,

Nick
I suggest this as a starting point:
22 Boost
3 Turbo slope
9 Turbo Timing
5000 Boost Start
450 ACC

Don't forget to also use the V1.07_101224 Firmware on the 2 in 1 box, otherwise the numbers of the setting are missinterpreted...
Old 12-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #7179
NTS
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
I suggest this as a starting point:
22 Boost
3 Turbo slope
9 Turbo Timing
5000 Boost Start
450 ACC

Don't forget to also use the V1.07_101224 Firmware on the 2 in 1 box, otherwise the numbers of the setting are missinterpreted...
Thanks M7H,

I had guessed 18 Boost, and 8 Turbo Timing from other posts so not too far away but had the Turbo Slope too high at 9 and the ACC at 600 so I'll drop those a bit.

I have V1.07_101224 Firmware on the 2 in 1 box and did the update by dropping the 1224 database file into the V1.64 folder to show 1224 and update the ESC so hopefully that covers the update OK?

I'm pressuming Turbo is independent of Boost on 1224 as it is on 119 so I'll need a delay of around 0.3 sec?

Cheers,

Nick
NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #7180
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Cobra....

I urgently need to get a new 120A ESC and would hate to buy the V2.1 120A ESC, and then find out a week later that the new one is getting released.

Thx
it will not be available within a week, so no problem to buy a 120A.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM   #7181
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTS View Post
Thanks M7H,

I had guessed 18 Boost, and 8 Turbo Timing from other posts so not too far away but had the Turbo Slope too high at 9 and the ACC at 600 so I'll drop those a bit.
I even believe what I have suggested is around the default setting.
Maybe even go to the slowest turbo slope setting of 1.5
Settings depend on how throttle heavy you are, and ofcourse your driving skills.
As punch I would start with 3 to 5.
Also start with a roll-out / FDR as suggested by LRP.

a lot of driver think the X12's need to scream, they are wrong, they have a lot of torque, and you need to gear them on the heavy side, when using 101224.
I think You will be surprised about the amount of punch you will have!
Because the amount of timing build in the motor itself, you also don't have to give to much timing with the ESC, also there people go wrong...
Only with 1S lipo 12th scale I give the full amount of 46 points of timing, devided in 34 Boost and 12 turbo, 450 acc, 1.5 slope, punch 9...

Quote:
I have V1.07_101224 Firmware on the 2 in 1 box and did the update by dropping the 1224 database file into the V1.64 folder to show 1224 and update the ESC so hopefully that covers the update OK?
That should be oke I think.
I keep all FW release in seperate folders on my PC in the program files. I just made 1 folder called "Hobbywing" and extract the seperate software releases in there.

Quote:
I'm pressuming Turbo is independent of Boost on 1224 as it is on 119 so I'll need a delay of around 0.3 sec?

Cheers,

Nick
Yes!

Cheers,

Martin
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #7182
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Cobra....

Thx
Sean i can't give you a release date or even a projected release date on the v3 release im sorry but i would be lieing to you if i did and i cannot do that until the factory tells me a date
Old 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #7183
Tech Initiate

got my new 1s speedo installedand trying to figure out the programming. I downloaded the software cobraracing said too. But now where to I get the 508 v3 and the 930 stock to run open?
Thanks
Fireball10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #7184
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball10 View Post
got my new 1s speedo installedand trying to figure out the programming. I downloaded the software cobraracing said too. But now where to I get the 508 v3 and the 930 stock to run open?
Thanks
Have you extracted the files for the usb link through winrar? you need to de compress the files then install usb link 1.64 it is easy its a setup.exe file

once you do that then open the usb link software and you will find the 930 stock etc etc on the esc usb link database .

then just upgrade your 2 in 1 program lcd box to the latest being 930 and then upload the software you need to the esc 930 stock ,930 mod or v3 508

remembering you need to be in administrator mode on your pc .

regards ANgelo
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #7185
Tech Elite

Lrp x12 users

As your aware from my statement on this thread the x12 have massive mechanical timing starting at 27.5 degree and climing with every insert you add it adds 5 degree of mechanical timing as the massive amounts that most of you run on the esc's turbo and boost and you way over the limits thus creating massive amounts of current and magnetic field which will destort the signal causing hall sensor errors no matter what hobbywing esc you run .Lrp esc dont have anywhere near the amount of timing hobbywing has in its software so the lrp esc's can run the x12 motors with no issues but imagine they did have the amount of timing example steps the hobbywings have and you would get the same errors with the esc going to sensorless mode to rpotect the esc and motor.

Excessive mechanical timing plus excessive esc timing and you have major current flow real major and that will cause the errors .we cannot downgrade the sensitivity any further as there goes your protection out the window .

Running 50 boost and 20 turbo only 64 steps is valid the rest is useless but imagine 64 steps plus 30 degree of mechanical timing then you have a time bomb and major issues .With turbo you all of a sudden a massive boost of current producing massive magentic filed in the motor which will interfer with the singla of the sensor .

Calculate your boost timing to your motor timing and im sure you will be ok but excessive timing and your in trouble with the x12's .

Your sensor wire does not calculate your mechanical timing this is for you to do .your sensor just knows were your rotor is at any given time ( which Phase) a,b or c to apply the current to the single pahse not like the sensorless which apply to two phases as it doesnt know were the rotor is stationed and used more for torque than anything else .remebering over 90degree of timing you enter another phase which produces massive current and heat so your accomplishing nothing .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 12-07-2011 at 03:17 AM.