R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #7066
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will the hobbywing settings be effective on a speed passion ESC?
Have a broken extreme stock and couldn't get another to replace it in time, and the release date for the V3 was put back so had to get a SP in the meantime.I have loaded 930 on it and it seems fine , just wondering if will work the same
I was alright, .......but I got over it
New Web Address www.stmcc.webs.com
lethallee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #7067
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
People call me Crazy ,they call me a misfit and a trouble maker as well as a square peg in a round hole they i dont fit in i was told all this in the past by many from the r/c industry to the teachers in the class room but isnt it the crazy ones that get things done and push the envelope to the extreme and never take no for an answer but actually show people who dont believe that it can be done that it can be done with some imagination?

Im here to push the envelope in r/c to make things easier and cheaper with performance and ease of use but most of all the customer service that every individual deserves on this earth .

With hobbywing i push that envelope no matter what anyone tells me that it cannot be done i have proven that with a little imagination everything can be accomplished and thats what i plan for future developments is to create the none creatable in someone else's mind .

The issue we had with castle creations and there so called rx programming method patent i was told Angelo there is no other way of programming the esc which the customer will except as being easy .Well i proved everyone wrong and now we have the new sct pro with the new with the new programming method ,the V3 and many more other units coming in the near future that i have proven that it can be done and we could make it smaller and easier to use .

The now rx port will sit in your reciever and never has to be removed again unless changing you receiver ,with our all new 3 pin programming method attached to the esc not external but built in and i was told it was to hard to accomplish .100% waterproof sc10 and sc8 speed controllers are nearly complete as well as the pro version which will b in the near future .There are also the 1/8th scale 150 amp and 80 amp that will be 100% waterproof and thats just the beginning. They may take some time but they will happen . we are only ones with new products that are using a different method of programming than the traditional rx port or sensor port .our new method eliminates damaged cables in the future and short circuits.

I give you this guarantee if im associated with hobbywing or im not,hobbywing now is a true believer that they can make a change and make life easier for both the rc basher and racer . we will continue to brng you not only the best pricing but the best most advanced products worldwide period

My conclusion is this never let any individual or company may it large or small tell you that your dream or your vision of change in any idustry can never be accomplished if can prove them wrong so can you no matter what education level .

take care guys and follow your dreams .

regards Angelo
A few pages back, Angelo, you told us how cross teh distributors are because they cannot now sell their v2 and v2.1 speedos since you told the world there would be a v3. And now you tell us all this - see, there's the problem with crazy people, they just push forwards all the time and don't look back at history!!

I say that with a big smile on my face, because as well as being a good guy, you make me laugh. Well, it's out there now, and by my reckoning no one will be buying a Hobbywing until all the new kit is released!!! Angelo kills the Hobbywing market!!!

Keep up the good work my friend, and hopefully in the future you will surprise us more!!
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #7068
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
A few pages back, Angelo, you told us how cross teh distributors are because they cannot now sell their v2 and v2.1 speedos since you told the world there would be a v3. And now you tell us all this - see, there's the problem with crazy people, they just push forwards all the time and don't look back at history!!

I say that with a big smile on my face, because as well as being a good guy, you make me laugh. Well, it's out there now, and by my reckoning no one will be buying a Hobbywing until all the new kit is released!!! Angelo kills the Hobbywing market!!!

Keep up the good work my friend, and hopefully in the future you will surprise us more!!
Now thats what im talking about a person whit a sensce of humour thanks for the kind words .

But yes the past was true aswell i did get hammered by distributors for letting out the news about the v3 and still getting hammered as we have some brands which i cant mention there names who want the v3 all to themselves so you can imagine what its going to be like when you have all of the them knocking on the door .

Three cheers for the crazy people and the square pegs in the round holes who push the envelope and beyond .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #7069
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Thx for replies guys, I really appreciate the hekp.

Ok here is what I have tried now.... as per Cobra's instructions....

I took my wife's laptop (Win7 which has never had any Hobbywing software installed on it) and installed Hobbywing_USB_Link_setup_V1.63_110310.

I then took my 2 in Box and attached it to the PC and attempted to down grade the 2 in 1 box from it's current version of V1.08_111007 to V1.07_101224 and then also tried the same thing to downgrade it to V1.07_110119.

I got the error as posted below when trying to do the downgrade of the 2 in 1 box.

I then went in "Add Remove Programs" and removed the Hobbywing Software from he PC and also went in the Program Files folder and checked to make sure that the Hobbywing folder was deleted.

I then installed Hobbywing_USB_Link_setup_V1.62_101106 on the laptop and connected the 2 in 1 Box and attempted to downgrade it to V1.06_100512.
I get the same error.
See below.

On both occasions I was running the Hobbywing USB Link program as Administrator and also tried it in XP compatibility mode.
Nothing helps.

Any other suggestions I can try?
Thx

Edit:
The way I see it, the only two options I have left is to....
Try the same thing above agaion, but this time use a Win XP machine.

or....

Not sure if this is possible, install the speed Passion software on my 2 in 1 box and the same on the ESC. Then remove that and install the Hobbywing Software back on V1.63 which will then hopefully allow me to install the no timing software or and older version onto my Xerun.
Is this second option viable?
Good news by the end of the day i will have a new usb link software that i have asked michael to create to solve all these errors your having .

I will post the link today .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 11-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #7070
Tech Elite

please install this update and that will sort out your problems its an update

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....64_111011.rar

regards Angelo
Old 11-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #7071
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yep

Quote:
Now thats what im talking about a person whit a sensce of humour thanks for the kind words .

But yes the past was true aswell i did get hammered by distributors for letting out the news about the v3 and still getting hammered as we have some brands which i cant mention there names who want the v3 all to themselves so you can imagine what its going to be like when you have all of the them knocking on the door .

Three cheers for the crazy people and the square pegs in the round holes who push the envelope and beyond .
Only three cheers haha , see thing is if i went out and bought another 2.1
and then found out that the V3 was out in a month or whenever ? i think i would be pretty ticked off......

keep up the good work and keep smiling

regards Mark Miller

Associated TC6 now like a shark * Reedy * ProAmps * Hobbywong * Thunderpower

McKune Design FGX * F201 carbon * F103GT Jaguar XJS14 niiice * T.O.P F1 coming soon
Yokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #7072
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think the main problem is that people complain to much. People also seem to think the more faults they can find in a situation/product, the smarter they are.

WRONG

Get over it whingers. The V2.1 is a fantastic speed control....

Its pretty much BULLETPROOF (I have reversed battery connections more then once on one of mine), runs cool, looks mean and costs very little when compared to others on the market.

Well, I guess I just complained. I must be smart too.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #7073
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokojojo View Post
Only three cheers haha , see thing is if i went out and bought another 2.1
and then found out that the V3 was out in a month or whenever ? i think i would be pretty ticked off......

keep up the good work and keep smiling

regards Mark Miller
i wouldnt do it to you so dont worry .The V3 according to jack must be out before the end of this year
Old 11-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #7074
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
I think the main problem is that people complain to much. People also seem to think the more faults they can find in a situation/product, the smarter they are.

WRONG

Get over it whingers. The V2.1 is a fantastic speed control....

Its pretty much BULLETPROOF (I have reversed battery connections more then once on one of mine), runs cool, looks mean and costs very little when compared to others on the market.

Well, I guess I just complained. I must be smart too.
yes are correct the 2.1 is bullett proof and cheap compared to other brands
Old 11-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #7075
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
please install this update and that will sort out your problems its an update

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....64_111011.rar

regards Angelo

Awesome, everything works perfectly now and I can upgrade/downgrade to any version I want.

Thx to everybody for all their help and time, much appreciated.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #7076
Tech Elite

Quote:

Awesome, everything works perfectly now and I can upgrade/downgrade to any version I want.

you are welcome and anything else you need please let us know .Also thank you to all the Hobbywing family ,M7H and more who gave advice and help to sean .

thanks guys
Old 11-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #7077
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

If anyone has a great condition 1S esc they'd like to sell for fair price, please PM me. Thanks.

BEn
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #7078
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:

I'm glad the problem is solved!
and I want to thank you for discovering this problem!...
Old 11-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #7079
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethallee69 View Post
Will the hobbywing settings be effective on a speed passion ESC?
Have a broken extreme stock and couldn't get another to replace it in time, and the release date for the V3 was put back so had to get a SP in the meantime.I have loaded 930 on it and it seems fine , just wondering if will work the same
it will work just fine with no issues and same performance
Old 11-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #7080
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
it will work just fine with no issues and same performance
Cobra

is it hobbywing making software or esc for team orion. it look same as hobbywing software ..

see this
http://www.teamorion.com/vortex-r10-pro-en.html