Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Angelo, on the hobbywing website the weights of different esc are wrong.
I discussed it with M7H on the telephone a while ago and he send hobbywing a mail about it but i see Hobbywing has still not changed it.

The 120A 1s is over 100grams on the hobbywing website. Because of that weight i was looking around for a lighter option, maybe something with an external booster or battery.

M7H put his 120A 1s on a scale and it was below 50 grams! Because it was 50 grams lighter then advertised i bought the 120A 1s with booster. In light applications such as 1/12 scale i can imagine other people would have the same idea as me to look for a lighter option then using the 120A 1s at over 100 grams. I am not sure why the weight doesn't corrospond with the real weight but like i said ...some people do look at that and will go for a lighter option if available.

Maybe it is in the proces of being changed on the website i don't know but thought i would let you know.
Thank you for the information i will get the accurate information and get it changed asap.i will do it myself
Old 10-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to be clear, is the new V3 speedo going to have a booster built into it for 1s racing so we won't need a rx pack or external booster?

Also what colors will it be available in at release time? I've heard some rumors of offering different color cases maybe as options?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Just to be clear, is the new V3 speedo going to have a booster built into it for 1s racing so we won't need a rx pack or external booster?

Also what colors will it be available in at release time? I've heard some rumors of offering different color cases maybe as options?
Yes 100% with built in booster for 1 s applications .yes there will be options for colours cnc aluminum cases not plastic .The plastic will be blue and black im sure the cnc colours will be black,purple,candy apple red and im not sure what other .will keep you informed .
Old 10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
100% accurate 60c load and thats the maximum anyone high quality factory can produce as i know people will try it and then bate me as i am not stupid my friend and im sure you have realised that a long time ago that the truth never comes back to bite you when your honest with your specs if you know what i mean .By the way id be careful what i say as ive been in china for over 10 years now doing business and i know all the battery factories in china so i know what's good quality and what's really bad quality and i know were 100% of the brands we see today are made (which factory) which has a top reputation and which ones are the worst of the worst.hint hint.
You know you allude to a lot over time, but in reality come up with very little, your packs are likely no more or less capable than 'any' other.
Strangely, I noticed a while back they also look identical to a company out of China who likes to market directly to people via email, and in reality even if it's not the same, you take 'just' another Chinese product, make all sorts of claims that 'all' re-branders claim, then mark them up beyond what several other better known brands are currently selling for.

At some point a battery is just a battery man, some of the HobbyKing range is pure shit and 'everyone' knows it, but some of their range performs, and does so at price points no one else can touch, all while likely outselling your brand 100 to 1, so who really wins that pissing contest in the end dude?.

So let us know what did people say about hobbywing gear please let me know ? what that the gear is not accurate in its specs? please enlighten us we all want to know.
If your talking about oem that has nothing to do with us thats up to the oem brand to decide what specs he specifies .we are honest to the tee.So please lets us know .Im very interested in your info .
I have learn't many many years ago be honest in your specs and no one can ever question you about your product.
Ok, so you lead into that with the question, then cover your own ass with that second statement, but the reality is yes they can question you about your product, they can question your markup, your marketing, and what your promising and then not delivering.

Look, we all know the rep of HobbyWing past and even present, and in the past some of that even hit home at times, but it's a fine product if you can get it at the right prices, above that it's debatable, hence why I always tell friends to buy it where it's the best possible value for them.

Ps: You of all people being the Queensland Australia secretary for the r/c racing organisation should know better than to promote non approved batteries anyway .sorry but you should know better as the members look at you for rules and decisions .
Why would you even go there dude, seriously?.

I have given you the long benefit of some doubt, even when having in the past mentioned you in conversation and had people roll their eyes when your name comes up, but now I see you in here, a HobbyWing thread as a rep for HW, bagging out a product that outsells the hell out of your own 'non' HW product that you promote in here?.

And as all I will dignify in direct response to it, you like anyone involved in RC, 'should' know you don't need ROAR packs to club race, and for that matter we have bikes guys who don't even require ROAR packs on any world level.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by twalace
Have one of these 60a with a 17.5T motor in my sons B4 buggy, ran fine for awhile and now runs at about half speed, any ideas???
Found my lost speed!!! Seems as you dial out more reverse on programing you gain more forward speed! Set reverse to off and now it runs fast, weird...???
Old 10-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
You know you allude to a lot over time, but in reality come up with very little, your packs are likely no more or less capable than 'any' other.
Strangely, I noticed a while back they also look identical to a company out of China who likes to market directly to people via email, and in reality even if it's not the same, you take 'just' another Chinese product, make all sorts of claims that 'all' re-branders claim, then mark them up beyond what several other better known brands are currently selling for.

At some point a battery is just a battery man, some of the HobbyKing range is pure shit and 'everyone' knows it, but some of their range performs, and does so at price points no one else can touch, all while likely outselling your brand 100 to 1, so who really wins that pissing contest in the end dude?.

Ok, so you lead into that with the question, then cover your own ass with that second statement, but the reality is yes they can question you about your product, they can question your markup, your marketing, and what your promising and then not delivering.

Look, we all know the rep of HobbyWing past and even present, and in the past some of that even hit home at times, but it's a fine product if you can get it at the right prices, above that it's debatable, hence why I always tell friends to buy it where it's the best possible value for them.

Why would you even go there dude, seriously?.

I have given you the long benefit of some doubt, even when having in the past mentioned you in conversation and had people roll their eyes when your name comes up, but now I see you in here, a HobbyWing thread as a rep for HW, bagging out a product that outsells the hell out of your own 'non' HW product that you promote in here?.

And as all I will dignify in direct response to it, you like anyone involved in RC, 'should' know you don't need ROAR packs to club race, and for that matter we have bikes guys who don't even require ROAR packs on any world level.
Yes i understand its all about price with people these days well if they want quality they buy quality if they want rubbish they buy rubbish up to them .But you talk about thing to often without having any facts at all about product and that makes you look misinformed to be honest .sorry for offending you in this thread mate i apologise.
Im there and i know .There packs have been linked to many dangerous incidents around the world not only on the track but much more serious so i suggest leave it at that .

keep up the great work your doing for qld r/c and take care .Leave it at that dude as you know 1% of the goings on and trust me you dont want to know anymore .
Old 10-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

ok guys

Since hobbywing has been in the brushless design business for about 8 years now we have decided to branch out and manufacturer brushless servo's

we have the technology we know its reliable and performs well so why not design servo's

we will only do a high torque brushless servo and a high speed version as well to cater for both on road and off road applications.

we have realised that coreless and dc motor servo's are fading away and many are manufacturing brushless version's some are ok some are not reliable and some are very expensive so we want to make a change a servo range of high quality like our esc's high performance like our esc's and excellent pricing like our esc's

what do you guys think as your input is very important to us .
Old 10-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Low profile and mini for 12 scale will be good to have as well.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok guys

Since hobbywing has been in the brushless design business for about 8 years now we have decided to branch out and manufacturer brushless servo's

we have the technology we know its reliable and performs well so why not design servo's

we will only do a high torque brushless servo and a high speed version as well to cater for both on road and off road applications.

we have realised that coreless and dc motor servo's are fading away and many are manufacturing brushless version's some are ok some are not reliable and some are very expensive so we want to make a change a servo range of high quality like our esc's high performance like our esc's and excellent pricing like our esc's

what do you guys think as your input is very important to us .
I believe that a low profile would be a good idea alright, with the new setups in TC it would make sense for a fast servo (0.06ish) , for Off road, I do not think that it is vital to have a low profile, but if you can pack all the components in a servo that can be 20% shorter than standard size, then go for it!
It would also make sense to have the same case size for both and why not offer it in different colors? Black is boring and we are starting to see changes in the other makes.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

hello!
I've observed that there is a delay when entering reverse mode and then accelerating in the latest versions of the firmware. Is there any fix planned for this? I know that reverse is not needed in official races, but it's very useful when training, and currently it is very annoying. I've also observed that the reverse enters even when the motor is still rotating forward, so this is dangerous for the transmission and the manual says that the ESC checks when the motor is stopped before entering reverse. Do you guys have a solution for this?

Thanks!!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:00 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
fast servo (0.06ish)
I don't really think more then 0.1/60 is needed.

If your servo is too fast, your wheels will turn in, but your car still needs to transfer some weight before it starts turning in.

I've been talking to Michael Salven about this who has been testing this with his 8th scale, and reducing the servo speed on the transmitter actually gave more steering!....
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
I don't really think more then 0.1/60 is needed.

If your servo is too fast, your wheels will turn in, but your car still needs to transfer some weight before it starts turning in.

I've been talking to Michael Salven about this who has been testing this with his 8th scale, and reducing the servo speed on the transmitter actually gave more steering!....
Yes agree 100% much more steering with slower servo speed with my 960 but TC rubber is a bit different, the layouts vary a lot, for example indoor tight technical carpet where a fast servo is perfect, really helps you get back onto the racing line if you are off, and helpful in chicanes. 0.07/60 would be great with 8kg in a low profile
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hana166
Yes agree 100% much more steering with slower servo speed with my 960 but TC rubber is a bit different, the layouts vary a lot, for example indoor tight technical carpet where a fast servo is perfect, really helps you get back onto the racing line if you are off, and helpful in chicanes. 0.07/60 would be great with 8kg in a low profile
it is easy to reduce speed from a servo but not to make it go faster, if there is only one servo model, it would make sense to have it faster than slower, but I agree with you, too fast is not necessarely good, 0.06 or 0.07 is fine with me thought, but I feel that it needs to be just under 0.10 sec.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
it is easy to reduce speed from a servo but not to make it go faster, if there is only one servo model, it would make sense to have it faster than slower, but I agree with you, too fast is not necessarely good, 0.06 or 0.07 is fine with me thought, but I feel that it needs to be just under 0.10 sec.
so thats why we will do two types high speed ,high torque.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

so thats why we will do two types high speed ,high torque.
What the lads are saying is that 0.06 is too fast, we are talking about high speed TC servo here. It doesn't need to be that fast for Off road.

I really liked my fast 7.4V KO Propo servo in TC with cable connected to battery positive, but I found that it did not work well with my 2.4ghz radio/receiver (Spektrum)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.