R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #6601
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post
Not gone into sensorless?

By punishment I meen it has not been used for a race day yet.

Works with no problems on the roadway, where as 211/119 would go to sensorless very easy.
No, in 224 it run cooler too, I know that the gearing is very different from, say a HW 10.5t, for exemple I run 7.30 ish with LRP and with a HW it would be nearer to 6.20

this makes a big difference for the follow up settings on speedo.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 03:14 AM   #6602
Tech Adept

Default cogging off the line

just a quick update on the problem a couple of pages back, where my friend was cogging/hesitating of the line. after trying everything, inc all your sudgestions, it turned out that we turned off the reverse function, and all is well. so its seems that the neutral range needs to be adjusted, with reverse enabled, with his handset.
although we wont be investigating this as we start our indoor season tommorow. many thanks to all especially cherry2blost and uk team driver brian who helped resolve this issuse.thanks guys.
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:10 AM   #6603
Tech Adept

Hello guys!
Wich is the better firmware for the hobbywing 2.0 120A ESC to use with a xerun sensorless 9T brushless motor?
This motor limitation is about the rules in our championship.

King regards from Spain.
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #6604
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
I totally understand you but just to let you know as of the 1st of October 2011 we have signed an exclusive agreement with Kyosho de based in Germany they are receiving stock as we speak and if the stores dont stock it you will be able to buy direct from Kyosho de .This will be for the whole of europe if the stores dont want to stock the product thats being offered then Kyosho de will supply it to you .simple i will not play the game of the hobby store oh we can not get the stock .The stock will be there it's up to the hobby store to purchase the product to service it's customers it not up to hobbywing to beg them to stock the product .

The hobby stores need to start thinking about the customer and the customer's needs and the customer support nothing more .
Any idea when we will be able to purchase the new v3 speedo if they are getting stock now. Nothing on their website.

If it's available imminently is there any details on the spec available. Was looking at an Orion speedo but if these are due out might just wait.
derekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:53 AM   #6605
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekk View Post
Any idea when we will be able to purchase the new v3 speedo if they are getting stock now. Nothing on their website.

If it's available imminently is there any details on the spec available. Was looking at an Orion speedo but if these are due out might just wait.
It is still not due for another few weeks according to my information
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #6606
Tech Rookie

Thanks, few weeks would be fine, but I've been told at least 3 months. Hopefully there will be some information on the specs available sooner since it is so close going by your information.
derekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #6607
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I'm looking at some other HW esc currently and was wondering something. Hobbypartz has the 60a Xerun for $95 and a blue 120a 1s for the same price (not in stock). Which would be a better value for blinky/boosted 17.5 sedan? The 1s has provisions for running 1s obviously, but says it rated for 2 cell. The 60a has the heat sink, but rated at half the current.

Last edited by MC112b; 10-09-2011 at 11:54 AM.
MC112b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #6608
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
Hello guys!
Wich is the better firmware for the hobbywing 2.0 120A ESC to use with a xerun sensorless 9T brushless motor?
This motor limitation is about the rules in our championship.

King regards from Spain.
As the motor is seneroless I don't think it will make much difference as the ESC will not be able to get information from the Motor.
The timing etc is used with SENSORED motors
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #6609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekk View Post
Thanks, few weeks would be fine, but I've been told at least 3 months. Hopefully there will be some information on the specs available sooner since it is so close going by your information.
Last week of October 2011 you will see my ugly head in the release in china lol.

The V3 will be a 1s-2s capable esc .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #6610
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC112b View Post
I got the v1.63 to install off the website. I didn't realize a RAR file is compressed. Anyway, got it to work. Copy/pasted and no v3_508 when I plug esc in.

When I look at the config file that I pasted I see v3.0_508 in the scribbles. I can't open the DB3 file. I think I have everything.

Is it my Jusstock hardware?

I feel reasonably computer literate for your basic everyday things. I am completely missing something for some reason. I'm ready to throw this thing in the trash.
No one is to blame for your problem but me as i didnt know you were running a justock and i didnt realise that the firmware was for also stock and mod .I thought that it would detect the zero timing and upgrade the justock but i guess i was very wrong as the update had more configuration and control settings in the two files which the justock would not recognise so that's why the v3 508 was not showing it on the usb link .

My fault completely and im in the process of fixing it up it looks like i neglected the justock end users but thats not the case i was in a hurry to get the software ready for the icc in las vegas that it compelety slipped my mind and because i received many emails telling em thank you it works great i prosumed it was working but i didnt ask which esc they were using just been very busy lately .

I apologise for the inconveniece to you that i might have caused .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 10-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #6611
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Angelo-

Are there any plans to roll all of the software into a single stream of code for both timing and non-timing so that you don't have to change code to run different classes? Will the V3 speedo use the same code as the current Hobbywing speed controls or will it be new software?

Thanks...
Old 10-10-2011, 03:39 AM   #6612
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeo View Post
Can anyone advise on the differences between these two ESC, and tell me which is the best to get for a 13.5 motor as they are the same price

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/xerun60asd...-p-405855.html

and this one

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/xtreme-stock-p-405301.html
Get the extreme, hopefully it will still have 518 on it and you will love it. Perfect for 13.5 on carpet
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #6613
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

In two days i will have firmware to sort out the customers who use the justock esc .I also apologise for not picking up on this issue sooner .when you work 18 hours a day 7 days a week you sometimes forget .

Like i was interstate last weekend with my family and sitting in a restaurant with friends ready to have a nice dinner and what was i doing on my samsung s2 sending out emails and sorting out hobbywing issues on a saturday night .lol.

so once again please except my apology .

regards Angelo

PS: I have attached the firmware information/explanation of what improvement/changes have been made and why .
Attached Files
File Type: doc The firmware improvements for car ESC.doc (25.0 KB, 897 views)
Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #6614
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Angelo-

Are there any plans to roll all of the software into a single stream of code for both timing and non-timing so that you don't have to change code to run different classes? Will the V3 speedo use the same code as the current Hobbywing speed controls or will it be new software?

Thanks...
you will need to change code to run different classes as thats the way roar want it its easier for them to identify zero timing software .V3 will use the same platform but will not work on any other esc's like sp etc .
Old 10-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #6615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
you will need to change code to run different classes as thats the way roar want it its easier for them to identify zero timing software .V3 will use the same platform but will not work on any other esc's like sp etc .
Angelo-

I am not at all trying to argue with you, but having two separate versions of code for timing vs. non-timing is a big problem. No one wants to reload software and re-calibrate between runs at big races. Other companies have figured out how to make one version of code work for both types of classes without having to change software versions. From my experience this issue is the biggest reason why more people are not running the speed control in the US. ROAR only requires that there is a mode for non-timing classes that is indicated by a blinking light at neutral throttle. There is no reason you have to have a separate versions to run blinky mode to meet ROARs requiremnets.