R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #646
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,970
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Would the 60Amp esc work with a 13.5 in either touring or 2S Lipo pan-cars?
I've been Tekin till now, but need another ESC, and if I can get away with the 60Amp it would be great.
We have a fairly moderate climate down here, so ambient temperature isn't an issue.
One of the guys at our club runs the 120A versions with the new software, in 13.5 touring, and they go great

the 60 amp is safe down to around 8.5 with the new style softwares, so no need to spend extra if you never intend going to mod.
I have been trialling the new Extreme Stock speedie (also 60 amp)with 10.5 and no drama's what so ever. 13.5 wont even make it raise a sweat.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #647
Tech Master
 
ali_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.preay View Post
i'm stay in Thailand and it's in my hand....
i'm not have seen but i've been using it...
both v2.0 and v2.1 and also Xtreme stock.
More than 5+ people that own v2.1 already
since 2 weeks ago...

thanks
Hi mr preay,

im ome's friend,ali from singapore. Any recommended settings for 528 mod profile?
__________________
☆ JU.C RACING ☆
https://www.facebook.com/Ju.Cracing
ali_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #648
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
the 60 amp is safe down to around 8.5 with the new style softwares, so no need to spend extra if you never intend going to mod.
I have been trialling the new Extreme Stock speedie (also 60 amp)with 10.5 and no drama's what so ever. 13.5 wont even make it raise a sweat.
Brilliant, that's what I was hoping.
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #649
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Hi Guys

Can someone please post up a decent setup for 10.5 I just moved across from Tekin.

Cheers
Adrian
OK try this setting for you reference :

9=6
12=6
13=8
14=3
15=7 (if no punch ,you can change to 6)

gear = 6.4
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #650
Tech Regular
 
P.I.M.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 464
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
OK try this setting for you reference :

9=6
12=6
13=8
14=3
15=7 (if no punch ,you can change to 6)

gear = 6.4
Hi any 17.5 set ups med size track new to hobby wing so I'm being lazy don't want to do to much testing
__________________
Vbc wildfire D06
clinton livingstone
P.I.M.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #651
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.M.P View Post
Hi any 17.5 set ups med size track new to hobby wing so I'm being lazy don't want to do to much testing
\

Be lazy as much as you like im here to help so dont worry .lol

anyway here is the setup you requested .

if you use 17.5T ,you can try this setting and work your way from there :

9=7
12=8 or 9
13=4
14=5
15=4

FDR : 6.4
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #652
Tech Initiate
 
mr.preay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
Hi mr preay,

im ome's friend,ali from singapore. Any recommended settings for 528 mod profile?
Hi Ali, how u been??
the settings will depends on the Turn of motor and also track layout
mostly i ran 11.5 and 10.5 with 18-05-10 firmware (518Stock)
but i guess both 518 and 528 is not much different
maybe the only different is the boost num 9
which 528 have smaller range of timing than 518??
to be sure must ask Michael
mr.preay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:37 AM   #653
Tech Initiate
 
mr.preay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
Hi Guys

Can someone please post up a decent setup for 10.5 I just moved across from Tekin.

Cheers
Adrian
This is my setting for mid-long hi speed track(RC Addict)
nearly 60 metre straight line.
Setting may differ from others but you can try


Running FDR = 5.63

for smaller track try 5.8-6.0

9 = 4
12 = 7
13 = 5
14 = 4
15 = 3
mr.preay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #654
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
\

Be lazy as much as you like im here to help so dont worry .lol

anyway here is the setup you requested .

if you use 17.5T ,you can try this setting and work your way from there :

9=7
12=8 or 9
13=4
14=5
15=4

FDR : 6.4
Angelo, Ive only just started using this speedy and I did 3 test runs and 3 rounds of qualifiers and finals on the weekend with some mixed results. Found i have to feather the throttle more and not just mash it everywhere which is good but my times were all over the place during my runs and dont have a lot of solid data at hand yet. More testing to follow but extremely happy with the way things are going at the moment. I ended up after the days racing at the following settings. Large track 35m straight with a technical infield

Fdr 6.5
4 - 8
9 - 7
12-8
13-2
14-4
15-3


Comparing your above set up to mines you say a 7500rpm start for a 17.5? what gearing do you suggest with that high a start rpm as i was testing between 6 and 6.5 fdr with settings from 9k down to 3k and found that anything over a 4500 start seemed sluggish.

I also would like to know if you think setting 4 has a great affect on top speed like it did before with 422? I have mines set up at 8 at the moment but im considering dropping it to lower if i will gain more top end as i have really nice punch but still have a pesky Tekin chasing me down at the end of a 35m straight. I would try more boost or turbo but temps i feel would become a little bit of an issue.
Lastly setting 15. Testing at setting 4 found that ramping up took too long. Would this be a culmination of too low a gear ratio to make the longer ramp work? I didnt have enough time to test fdr much and was happy with my days performance as was but would like to know what you think about running higher and lower fdrs.

What Im looking for is a car with a bit more top end as i have really nice pick up and mid range but the car is coming off at around 65c on a cool day so that is a bit close to thermal on a hot day. Thoughts are appreciated.

Regards Benzaah
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:00 AM   #655
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
Would the 60Amp esc work with a 13.5 in either touring or 2S Lipo pan-cars?
I've been Tekin till now, but need another ESC, and if I can get away with the 60Amp it would be great.
We have a fairly moderate climate down here, so ambient temperature isn't an issue.
One of the guys at our club runs the 120A versions with the new software, in 13.5 touring, and they go great
60amp will work just fine.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #656
Tech Addict
 
Zainy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Klang
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
60amp will work just fine.
Yup my freinds currently using XERUN 60 V2 with 518 software and moto is 17.5T , ratio 6.4 and the result is WOW !!!
The speed of the car is like using 11.5T without turbo.

I will get it too...60A is more than enough for stock category.

Thanks Hobbywings
Zainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #657
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Angelo, Ive only just started using this speedy and I did 3 test runs and 3 rounds of qualifiers and finals on the weekend with some mixed results. Found i have to feather the throttle more and not just mash it everywhere which is good but my times were all over the place during my runs and dont have a lot of solid data at hand yet. More testing to follow but extremely happy with the way things are going at the moment. I ended up after the days racing at the following settings. Large track 35m straight with a technical infield

Fdr 6.5
4 - 8
9 - 7
12-8
13-2
14-4
15-3


Comparing your above set up to mines you say a 7500rpm start for a 17.5? what gearing do you suggest with that high a start rpm as i was testing between 6 and 6.5 fdr with settings from 9k down to 3k and found that anything over a 4500 start seemed sluggish.

I also would like to know if you think setting 4 has a great affect on top speed like it did before with 422? I have mines set up at 8 at the moment but im considering dropping it to lower if i will gain more top end as i have really nice punch but still have a pesky Tekin chasing me down at the end of a 35m straight. I would try more boost or turbo but temps i feel would become a little bit of an issue.
Lastly setting 15. Testing at setting 4 found that ramping up took too long. Would this be a culmination of too low a gear ratio to make the longer ramp work? I didnt have enough time to test fdr much and was happy with my days performance as was but would like to know what you think about running higher and lower fdrs.

What Im looking for is a car with a bit more top end as i have really nice pick up and mid range but the car is coming off at around 65c on a cool day so that is a bit close to thermal on a hot day. Thoughts are appreciated.

Regards Benzaah
Benzaah ill get to you tomorrow for sure .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #658
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Hi guys

we at hobbywing would like to keep everyone happy but as you know sometimes that is not possible but i can tell you this we will try 100000% to make sure everyone is happy with there products so please if you have any problems or questions send us am email or post on here or even ideas that you would like implamented into the products .Like one was both the battery wires together instead of apart and that has been done with the new 2.1 and that was a end users idea so please let us know anything even if you think its not possible or stupid as i believe there are no stupid questions or ideas as most of the time a percentage of that question or idea is brilliant .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 AM   #659
Tech Adept
 
spoket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Xerun 60A with 11.5T Team powers

Hi
Give a few run with the above combo(setup copied from this thread) running with 5.5T .. very2 satisfied.
Low on price high on features and faster too.

Car - NTC3 convert EP
Weight - 1550g
Batt - Lipo IP 5000 50C

Tq Hobbywing
__________________
Speed Sideway Crewz
ENTC3/MRX4E
Powered by Brushless & Lipo Tech
spoket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #660
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoket View Post
Hi
Give a few run with the above combo(setup copied from this thread) running with 5.5T .. very2 satisfied.
Low on price high on features and faster too.

Car - NTC3 convert EP
Weight - 1550g
Batt - Lipo IP 5000 50C

Tq Hobbywing
oitt ... can beat 5.5T with 11.5t ?
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0