R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 10-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #6526
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

With the soon to be released V3 will we be able to use to the current LCD control box? or will there be new one released? I need to replace my broken one, seeing the V3 will be here soon not sure to buy new one or wait a few weeks.
eceer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #6527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
well you better find another store soon because if your interested in the V3 you will not be able to purchase it from any hong kong store .

wrong quote it is for the gent from the netherlands who had a problem with racerinexile.
And that's the whole issue, finding a store in europe who stocks the 120A 1S esc besides racersinexile, good luck finding one....

I didn't went to a HK shop because of the price, pricing is the same after shipping and taxes, but I know the HK shop ships fast and is reliable, much more important imho.

Before cutting off all the HK shops I suggest taking another look at your European dealer network, even when you have a great product people still need to be able to buy it without going through too much trouble.
Otherwise they will wander off to some of the competitors.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #6528
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
And that's the whole issue, finding a store in europe who stocks the 120A 1S esc besides racersinexile, good luck finding one....

I didn't went to a HK shop because of the price, pricing is the same after shipping and taxes, but I know the HK shop ships fast and is reliable, much more important imho.

Before cutting off all the HK shops I suggest taking another look at your European dealer network, even when you have a great product people still need to be able to buy it without going through too much trouble.
+1
Old 10-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #6529
Tech Initiate

Quote:

You can find it in France : http://www.wartelle-shop.com/boutiqu...g=lg_fr&num=16
Tamiya F103GT / Reedy Sonic 10.5 / HW V2.1 120A 1S
FG Sportline 2008 (Formule France package) / Zenoah G230RC
DaTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:19 AM   #6530
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Without DRRS also know as punch/instant torque start mode all motors would start cogging on a very soft start as brushless motors are known more as stepper motors.DRRS is not timing its your initial start mode and only works on start doesnt function while the car is in operation.you can adjust from 1 to 9 but you need a good quality high discharge battery on high settings or the motor will cog .

cheers for the info. another one popped up: whats the latest modified software?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #6531
Tech Elite

Quote:

I totally understand you but just to let you know as of the 1st of October 2011 we have signed an exclusive agreement with Kyosho de based in Germany they are receiving stock as we speak and if the stores dont stock it you will be able to buy direct from Kyosho de .This will be for the whole of europe if the stores dont want to stock the product thats being offered then Kyosho de will supply it to you .simple i will not play the game of the hobby store oh we can not get the stock .The stock will be there it's up to the hobby store to purchase the product to service it's customers it not up to hobbywing to beg them to stock the product .

The hobby stores need to start thinking about the customer and the customer's needs and the customer support nothing more .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #6532
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
cheers for the info. another one popped up: whats the latest modified software?
The latest mod software is the 930 which is the same as the 119 but has less sensitivity of the sensor port for less errors that can occur under massive current loads which distorts the signals thus creating an error as the hall sensors lose track were the rotor is positioned at any given time .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #6533
Tech Addict

Quote:
I totally understand you but just to let you know as of the 1st of October 2011 we have signed an exclusive agreement with Kyosho de based in Germany they are receiving stock as we speak and if the stores dont stock it you will be able to buy direct from Kyosho de .This will be for the whole of europe if the stores dont want to stock the product thats being offered then Kyosho de will supply it to you .simple i will not play the game of the hobby store oh we can not get the stock .The stock will be there it's up to the hobby store to purchase the product to service it's customers it not up to hobbywing to beg them to stock the product .

The hobby stores need to start thinking about the customer and the customer's needs and the customer support nothing more .
What will be the price then for the V3 in Europe? 160-180eur + shipping 20 eur = cca200eur?
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #6534
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTaz View Post
I found that store but my French is a little rusty.

Quote:

Ok, didn't knew that, that should change things.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:05 AM   #6535
Tech Addict

Quote:

Good decision

Will make it harder for criminals to copy your product

Will make it easier for customer to buy direct and know product is genuine

Service dealt with in one place
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 AM   #6536
Tech Initiate

Quote:
The latest mod software is the 930 which is the same as the 119 but has less sensitivity of the sensor port for less errors that can occur under massive current loads which distorts the signals thus creating an error as the hall sensors lose track were the rotor is positioned at any given time .
I have been blowing alot of motors (10) since the introduction of V3 software since the new year, and i'm now wondering if this over sensitive sensor port could of been the problem. The motor in question is a GM 10.5 with the larger 12.5mm red ring 1600 guase rotor. I was using various settings, temping every few laps etc, the motors never burnt out as you would expect Ie: melting the plastics etc it was always the windings that blew, would I be right in thinking if the speedo lost track of the rotors position that it could fire at the wrong time and thus cause a sort on the windings?

I'm now running a SP 10.5mmm and have had no problems so far temps are well inside 65c even with more aggressive settings, this motor has the 12.3mm purple ring 1300 gause rotor, so in theory has a lower Kv output that the GM with big rotor.
MarkMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:19 AM   #6537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Is this for boosted mod as well? Thanks for the info. Running an SP 2.0 Pro speedo that I just picked up, and was recommended to use the HW firmware instead of the SP version because it's smoother for mod.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #6538
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Technic View Post
Is this for boosted mod as well? Thanks for the info. Running an SP 2.0 Pro speedo that I just picked up, and was recommended to use the HW firmware instead of the SP version because it's smoother for mod.
i think the 930 or 119 is standard modified software. the 211 is the stock software for boosted classes and modified boosted if one likes.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #6539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So 930 and 119 don't have boost then? Thanks for the info.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #6540
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:

try http://www.eurorc.com/product/465/ho...s-v21-dual-bec

EuroRC will also stock the v3 when it comes. EuroRC offers reasonable express shipping which is tracked and the product usually leaves the shop the same or next day.