Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Picked up a new 1S Xerun and having problems ..

I got it out of the box, wired it up correctly, calibrated it and gave it a bench test, all seemed to be well.

I then upgraded to 508_zero, calibrated it, and the motor runs in reverse. I tried reversing the channel on the radio but that does not help, that only makes the forward position the throttle. I then took a look at the software and there is a Motor Direction box specifies CCW (Counter-Clockwise is the wrong direction), however the box is disabled and you are not able to change the setting. What's the deal?

As the fustration was growing, I decided to try and upgrade to another software version, 211_Stock, I did this and calibrated it, and all seemed good again. This software version does not have a Motor Direction box but at least the motor turns in the right direction.

Also, this has probably been mentioned but what gives with needing a 2s lipo to configure the speedo? If you set the Lipo Cutoff to anything but disabled, then you can't even get the speedo to work with a 1S, it just sounds the alert that the voltage is too low. I don't run my packs that low, so I am not overlly worried about it, but it is an advertised feature of the speedo and it does not work.

So .. I need to run blinky, was planning on using it at IIC in Vegas which is a week away. What is the solution? Currently 508 is the only approved software for blinky. I have heard another 508_zero revision is in the works, but does it address the issue I am having, and not just the sensor sensitivity issue? And will it be out before IIC?

UPDATE

I just tried loading SP 508_no_timing software .. and it works. The motor goes in the right direction. I did not change anything else other than software. The Motor Direction box specifies CCW just like the HW software, but it goes in the right direction (oposite of the HW software), again you are unable to change this setting as it is disabled in both software packages. Of course you also have to disable the Lipo cutoff feature as it does not work with 1s lipo packs as the speedo thinks even a fully charged 1s pack is too low a voltage to do anything other than beep at you.

As I see it, there are 2 bugs in the 508_zero software, Motor Direction and Lipo Cutoff for 1S applications. I hope these will be addressed in the next version of 508 in addition to the sensitivity issue improvement.

Timeframe?
By the end of this week .
Old 09-27-2011, 06:51 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

Just making you aware of our Battery brand .I have attached two photo's for you to view .
Will there be a 1s for pan-cars?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CFR
Will there be a 1s for pan-cars?
yes a 5600mah 60C 1S
Old 09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys
Be warned that before you purchase any ezrun 35 amp or 60 amp Combos or singles from Ebay sellers ask them to send you via email detailed photographs of the product ,like switch ,capacitors,labels,serial number etc .As you will be able to see this unit in the photo is 100% fake product using the green and gold Capacitors made in china we do not use made in china caps all ours are Japanese and black and silver writting .
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-ezrun60a_capacitor.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-ezrun60a_switch.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-p1050194.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

V3 to be released end of october 2011
Old 09-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Initiate

v3 will not be available from Hong kong especially for the 1st year of sales
What? This means that we won't find it at ebay or rcmart?
Old 09-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

too late for our titles.....
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

v3 will not be available from Hong kong especially for the 1st year of sales .
This will be popular NOT !

Last edited by bigtree; 09-28-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: 2 much quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Will the BEC voltage be adjustable on the V3?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gusi
What? This means that we won't find it at ebay or rcmart?
yes that is correct no online stores of hong kong or ebay .
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigtree
This will be popular NOT !

Popular or not that is the decision Hong kong online stores and ebay sellers make a massive loss but gain on other products thus this devalues our product and causes major damage to worldwide distributors and dealers, we will not stand for it anymore our products being dragged through the mud .

sometimes we have to make harsh decisions for the long term benefit of the company and brand .This is also about the protection of the consumer as there is not support for the buyer from these stores mentioned above.I get 100's of email a week with complaints about no support from online stores in hong kong and poor excuses why they cant help the consumer.

Dont stress there will be many avenue's were you will be able to purchase at great prices .
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Early Christmas present!

Any idea on the reatail price?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Any news on the sensor sensitivity software fix?...

Old 09-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Any news on the sensor sensitivity software fix?...

Should be out by Friday or this weekend according the Cobra. People attending IIC in Las Vegas next week will need it.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Will be ready tomorrow

2 changes have been made

1.more brakes like the 211 stock has

2.less sensitivity of the sensor port thus all motors ca be used without the issue of esc switching to sensorless mode.

Ron schurr from roar will be doing the testing hopefully by this weekend as it needs to be roar approved before it can be run in vegas.

regards Angelo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.