R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #6376
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 119 or 211

Hi I'm new to Hobbywing just tried an extreme stock, very impressed.

I have 119 on board it seems more than adequate in terms of acceleration and feel.

Other drivers say to use 211. Some mentioned that the Turbo only kicks in when all the boost timing is complete, and full throttle is held for the delay specified, and 119 needs only full throttle + delay to activate.

If so I'd rather stay with 119 for now. If there are other refinements can someone please let me know, I can't seem to find this information on the Hobbywing notes for firmware, and this thread is huge. If someone can direct me to the relevant part part of this thread where this is already discussed please do.

Cheers
hana166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #6377
Tech Addict

Default 211 21.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J SiN View Post
Here is the setting I ended up with today

Motor Speedpassion 21.5 0deg motor timing

2-0%
3-3.2v
4-level 5
5-50%
6-100%
7-0%
8-6%
9-40
10-18
11-enable
12-24
13-4000
14-0.2
15-400

6.3 FDR

but I feel its just a little to hot temp wise but was really fast vs the other tries I have had so far.

what should I try to reduce the heat and reduce a little lag it has coming out a 180 corner heading to the sweeper
Hi J Sin,

You're very close with the settings you have tested. Over the last week end tried a few different motors with very similar settings to what you have above. To drop the temps we went to :

#12 Drop to 20 Degree.
#13 5000 (With this setting keep going up in the value and you will go faster. And to increase the the rate of acceleration go lower on #15. It will be fine line to how much as you increase Boost Start RPM you decease Boost Timing ACC. And in turn as you decease Boost Start RPM you increase Boost timing ACC to get a balance and kill rising temps.)
#14 .2
#15 450 or above

If you are looking at increasing acceleration you will have to increase Boost Timing up from 40 Degree. Drop your turbo timing though. 60 Degree total timing seems to work as good with a 21.5 instead of 64 and keeps temps down.

Having tried three different motors, one of which fried, is a struggle as all motors were different in settings and not one took the same parameters with out some complication. Too slow, no acceleration or lack of speed.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au

Last edited by venom54; 09-21-2011 at 07:04 PM.
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:43 PM   #6378
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Has the fix come out yet for the 508 zero_rev?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #6379
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukil View Post
Has the fix come out yet for the 508 zero_rev?
next week .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #6380
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

hi guys, running the 120A with modified software and a 4.5T motor. anyone got an idea what size/capacity the capacitor of the esc? any good in fitting a larger one for more saftey and maybe breaks? or any other reasons?

cheers for answers
Old 09-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #6381
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi guys

no it's not an issue with the esc or the motors the problem lies in the software were we have a very high sensitivity sensing for the sensor port of the esc and because of the very high currents in low turn motors and the turbo functions that give us enormous power as well as high end bell adjustment the signal from the motor to the esc is distorted in some way or the other thus the esc cannot process a clean signal and sending the esc to sensorless mode as it has detected a low signal from the motor because of the high currents so we are in the process of producing a lower sensitivity sensing in the software ill keep you informed .

sorry for the long explanatiion but im sure we all learn from it im also sorry for this issue that has arisen.

Ill keep you informed .

regards Angelo

Is this a generic problem that is more common in certain branded motors?

I have an X12 that does this out of the box, is there anything that helps address this issue: re:119/211/213. Settings?
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #6382
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post

I have an X12 that does this out of the box, is there anything that helps address this issue: re:119/211/213. Settings?
It is Generic

The only way to sort it out is 3 ways only

1.New software to have less sensetivity at the esc sensor port

2.Run less end bell timing thus less current flow through the coils causing less interferance .

3.Run a motor with fixed timing but in saying that mod motors no matter fixed or end bell adjustable timing will still be open to interference because of the large amounts of current running through the winds at high speed.

The best solution is software adjustment of the sensitivity of the sensor port or a short term fix is less timing .

4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #6383
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks Angelo

Timming is already on the lowest setting on the motor!
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #6384
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjspinner View Post

with the LRP X12 motors I suggest you try the 101224_STOCK Firmware.
If you are not able to get it, send me a PM with your email in, and I will send it to you.

With 2S Lipo, I suggest a starting point of 18-20 Boost (38 is max), and 8-10 Turbo (30 is max), Boost Acc 450-600. Start RPM 6000, and go from there.

You can also try it with 211, but just go to 1/2 of the available turbo and boost.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:14 AM   #6385
Tech Adept

Can anyone help??
Looking for a good set up for 17.5 lrpx12 with 211.
30m x 15m carpet track. Medium technicality.
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #6386
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana166 View Post
Hi I'm new to Hobbywing just tried an extreme stock, very impressed.

I have 119 on board it seems more than adequate in terms of acceleration and feel.

Other drivers say to use 211. Some mentioned that the Turbo only kicks in when all the boost timing is complete, and full throttle is held for the delay specified, and 119 needs only full throttle + delay to activate.

If so I'd rather stay with 119 for now. If there are other refinements can someone please let me know, I can't seem to find this information on the Hobbywing notes for firmware, and this thread is huge. If someone can direct me to the relevant part part of this thread where this is already discussed please do.

Cheers
I wouldn't be too fussed to move on if I were you. I run an Orion system which has the same lack of restrictions but I have played with SP gear too and could get a good performance out of the system without compromise. I ended up with 199 also so I could better tune the system for power vs temp and drivability. I used turbo around 40 with no delay and about 18d/0.1 ramp. Boost at 20 from 10000 rpm with 500 acc. This should be a good starting point and work from there using turbo settings for "bottom end" and boost for "top end".