Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #6121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
no pricing as yet but will keep you posted
you know i want one too....
as for the decision to change the xerun to the xtreme...would be a good thing...

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #6122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Some of the other team members had the idea of retiring the xtreme stock and staying with the 60 amp xerun.
Size is everything now, I was looking at my old Xerun 60a last night, had an idea that I'd like to load up the latest firmwares to try them (been a while), feel like playing with some boost again.
Only problem is the size of the old Xeruns is a killer, to fit mine again I'd have to move the servo forward and outwards again, which would then have me also moving the battery back out on the other side for balance as well.

Of course I'm running the Justock, but I gather the Xtreme is the same footprint according to the specs, but really the old models are just too bulky now, in fact I never really wanted to buy a 120a for just that reason, too big.

It's possible whoever wanted to kill off the Xtreme though is thinking of the market, dwindling section of use at 60a dynamic timing, could end up being a dead end sales wise, who would pay for that version if timing dies off everywhere in stock classes...

And of course the upside of the older Xeruns, price, with all the flaws in size weight etc, they are cheap, new models push ever so much more closer to other brands, meaning get rid of your cheap range, and have people deciding to spend that ever less little bit more on something else...
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #6123
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Personally, I agree on keeping the Xtreme stock.
I got my first one recently (oddly enough to run zero timing in an F1!) but the smaller footprint is certainly a winner, and it just looks cooler
TBH, the price is not so different, and the Xtreme is a better spec unit... get the feeling there's a lot of love for it here
Old 09-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #6124
Tech Adept

Giasou Angelo!

I own all three: 120A, 60A and Xtreme Stock (and two Ezrun's 60A and two 18A, but they do not belong here!!).
I'd love to see the internals of the 60A inside the small footprint of the Xtreme Stock, because in the same conditions the 60A performed a lot better than the XS. In my case, I mounted these in my 1/5 Thunder Tiger SB-5 racebike: First the XS. I somehow managed to melt three motors and burn one brand new lipo (on its 3rd charge, actually), so I sent it back to the factory. On same gearing, on said bike, the XS had a LOT less brakes than the 60A, even after I soldered a 4-cap capacitor (I also soldered one on the 60A).
On molten motors... it MAY have been MY fault, combining the hottest days of July with wrong gearing and boost/turbo settings, but I used the exact same settings on a new X12 with the Xerun 60A and it still works...

I raced at the RC Bike Worlds with the 60A mounted sideways, and having to buy a low profile Savox 1251 steering servo, so it doesn't foul with the ESC's fan. The standard Ace DS1015 servo didn't foul with the XS's fan. and it's a perfect servo for the bike!

One more thing:
The only good thing with the XS is that it came with 12-gauge cables, while the 60A comes with thinner cables. Not that I noticed any difference with the 17.5T motor on 5000/50C GensAces...
So... keep the 60A electronics and put them in an Xtreme Stock-like footprint!

My 0.2 c!!!

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #6125
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys

I want your feedback about something important ok please as much feedback as you guys can give me would be appreciated or ideas.

I was in discussions with our team at the shanghai hobby exhibition about some changes in product in the hobbywing xerun series .

My idea was to retire the 60 amp xerun and have the xtreme stock as it replacement thus giving you the same specs ,newer more efficient mosfets and different heatsink like the v3 will have .So Having the v3 as the 120 amp and the xtreme stock as the 60amp under the new v3 label with new software and more finer adjustments.

Some of the other team members had the idea of retiring the xtreme stock and staying with the 60 amp xerun .

what do you guys think ?

regards Angelo
Production wise, if you can downscale the capacity of the V3 to 60A, it's be financially pleasing to kill off the Xtreme Stock line.

Unless what you guys have done is to cramp MOSFETs and bring it up to 120A spec with the same case as the current Xtreme Stock.

Keep it 'well priced', teach the veteran manufacturers a lesson. Cheers
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #6126
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys

I want your feedback about something important ok please as much feedback as you guys can give me would be appreciated or ideas.

I was in discussions with our team at the shanghai hobby exhibition about some changes in product in the hobbywing xerun series .

My idea was to retire the 60 amp xerun and have the xtreme stock as it replacement thus giving you the same specs ,newer more efficient mosfets and different heatsink like the v3 will have .So Having the v3 as the 120 amp and the xtreme stock as the 60amp under the new v3 label with new software and more finer adjustments.

Some of the other team members had the idea of retiring the xtreme stock and staying with the 60 amp xerun .

what do you guys think ?

regards Angelo
Xtreme stock as the new 60A I would say. But XERUN 60A with revised internals will give the same end result. No?

On a more important note, I have used the 120A v2.1 to much success in recent months. However, I thing I would like to see in the new software (if possible) is finer adjustments for the following

Start rpm: steps of 250 rpm (allows for better control of start and end rpm range for tighter tracks)

Turbo slope: can there be an additional setting between 12 and 18? As well as between 18 and 24?

turbo delay: Can it be done in steps of 0.05 secs (there are times where 0.1 is too early but 0.2 is too long, also just for smaller tracks)

Finally, on the topic of timing, can the max timing capability of the ESC be raised slightly? The current software goes up to 64 steps. Was wondering if there is anything stopping HW from raising the ceiling to 70 or even 75 steps.

Thanks for listening. HW has been a great experience in RC for me. Hope it gets even better with time.
radwerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #6127
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by radwerx View Post
Xtreme stock as the new 60A I would say. But XERUN 60A with revised internals will give the same end result. No?

On a more important note, I have used the 120A v2.1 to much success in recent months. However, I thing I would like to see in the new software (if possible) is finer adjustments for the following

Start rpm: steps of 250 rpm (allows for better control of start and end rpm range for tighter tracks)

Turbo slope: can there be an additional setting between 12 and 18? As well as between 18 and 24?

turbo delay: Can it be done in steps of 0.05 secs (there are times where 0.1 is too early but 0.2 is too long, also just for smaller tracks)

Finally, on the topic of timing, can the max timing capability of the ESC be raised slightly? The current software goes up to 64 steps. Was wondering if there is anything stopping HW from raising the ceiling to 70 or even 75 steps.

Thanks for listening. HW has been a great experience in RC for me. Hope it gets even better with time.
All very good ideas here but it was explain than 64 is the maximum reached, a little like a peak, after it falls down.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #6128
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
What is their reason for choosing to keep the xerun instead of the xtremestock? If they're both 60A I don't see why you would retire the unit with the smaller footprint and keep the bulkier one.
+1
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #6129
Tech Adept

Default 518 stock and 10.5 on carpet

Changed back to 518 for today but just couldnt cool it down with the 10.5. It was as fast as f**k but the motor was coming off at 80c! Turned the drrs down to 5 and it just got faster, which i thought was strange and setting 15 down to 5 and the pinion down to a 17 (48dp on xray 08) with an 84 spur.
Any other suggestions before i go back to 211?
I love how aggresive 518 is but i dont think the motor will take much more
The xtreme esc was stone cold by the way.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #6130
Tech Fanatic

80C is fine, do you run a fan on?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #6131
Tech Adept

No, no fan or heatsink. I've never felt a motor so hot!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #6132
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop View Post
Changed back to 518 for today but just couldnt cool it down with the 10.5. It was as fast as f**k but the motor was coming off at 80c! Turned the drrs down to 5 and it just got faster, which i thought was strange and setting 15 down to 5 and the pinion down to a 17 (48dp on xray 08) with an 84 spur.
Any other suggestions before i go back to 211?
I love how aggresive 518 is but i dont think the motor will take much more
The xtreme esc was stone cold by the way.
thats not hot someone at colchester today there motor came off at 140c

the higher the acc the cooler the motor will b ...
Old 09-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #6133
Tech Adept

Hey? I thought it was the other way. Ive been been backing it off to try and and cool it!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #6134
Tech Adept

Hang on. Do you mean the higher the starting figure or the higher the setting ie 2 runs cooler than 5? I started on 2 and backed it off to 5 on setting 15.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #6135
Tech Fanatic

My X12 comes up at 80c with fan on, can reach 90 without a problem, run a fan on it