R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #586
Tech Initiate

Something is odd going on with mine. I downloaded the latest software directly from the Hobbyking website and it doesn't have V2.0_100528_MOD listed in it. It only has V2.0_100528_STOCK. I have the 120A v2 ESC
garycoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycoleman View Post
Something is odd going on with mine. I downloaded the latest software directly from the Hobbyking website and it doesn't have V2.0_100528_MOD listed in it. It only has V2.0_100528_STOCK. I have the 120A v2 ESC
528 is the firmware made for speed passion .hobbywing is the 508,518 and the 422

If you need software please email me i would be gald to help you out

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #588
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone run the Hobbywing Xerun 17.5 motor with the turbo setup... I ran it today in TC and seemed abit slow.. It has fixed timing but not sure what that would be, so I could be going the wrong way on setting up DRRS and turbo/boost timing... Any help? I did run my VTA with a Novak 21.5 and 120amp Xerun esc with turbo and it was just as fast LOL... Our club rules are open for this class...In the fall it will be GT2, and VTA will become 25.5 NOVAK
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
Has anyone run the Hobbywing Xerun 17.5 motor with the turbo setup... I ran it today in TC and seemed abit slow.. It has fixed timing but not sure what that would be, so I could be going the wrong way on setting up DRRS and turbo/boost timing... Any help? I did run my VTA with a Novak 21.5 and 120amp Xerun esc with turbo and it was just as fast LOL... Our club rules are open for this class...In the fall it will be GT2, and VTA will become 25.5 NOVAK

I have seen these motors, but not run them, to me they are the old SP untimed can, but they run the red rotor (12.5) instead of the purple (12.3)

Without timing and with the heavier rotor, you will need to gear a lower FDR, and probably have the speedie settings higher.
Careful with temps though as they have limited cooling holes in the can.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #590
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
I have seen these motors, but not run them, to me they are the old SP untimed can, but they run the red rotor (12.5) instead of the purple (12.3)

Without timing and with the heavier rotor, you will need to gear a lower FDR, and probably have the speedie settings higher.
Careful with temps though as they have limited cooling holes in the can.
Thanks.... The 2nd qualifier it fell off the pace, I thought the battery was dumping but when I picked it off from the track and gave it a shot of throttle it had no turbo went back to the pits and temped a whopping 240degree ferinhiat..I am assuming the esc went to thermal to save it's self and the motor...
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Well i updated my software to 518 stock and the issue with ddrs affecting everything has gone away and the car is even more ballistic than before. Hurry up Sunday for more track time.

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #592
Tech Elite

Quote:
the latest software has the following firmware
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:43 AM   #593
Tech Rookie

Quote:
To all, my files are DL'd direct from HW and stored on my VIRUS FREE machine and are checked PRIOR to upload, I have over 2000 downloads from satisfied 'friends' so go get them and use them if you need them safe in the knowledge that we in the community only have YOUR interests at heart and have no secondary motives.
Thanks cherry i down loaded it fine from you. I have not ever had a hobbyeing esc before but i have seen them runnign and wow they are good.
dazzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #594
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzza View Post
Thanks cherry i down loaded it fine from you. I have not ever had a hobbyeing esc before but i have seen them runnign and wow they are good.
LOL !!!!

They are more than good they are awesome, mine is easily as quick at the Tekins at Maritime, shame I can't drive for toffee though lol, just a thought for you Daz...... I run mine at Maritime with the turbo OFF geared around 6.5 (on a 10.5) with DDRS at 7, everything else at max I have the SC Punch set to to come in at 4k / Degree and is is stupid quick, I found (to my cost) that unless you are VERY light on the throttle all the turbo does is generate massive heat as I found when I cooked my brand new Fantom Ion2 13.5 week before last. Try it in non turbo and 518 software it is more than quick enough for Maritime like that (Just ask Max he saw my car lol)

Have fun and if you need any help with the flashing etc come see us on Thursday we all run the XERUNs and sit opposite Max and Georgio.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #595
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Rant mode on .....

Hey Angelo, no disrespect meant but that is my personal account, and I have been hosting stuff on there, for Hobbywing racers, for a lot longer than you have been around here acting as a tech support. The guys had been asking for days and had no replies from you guys so cut us some slack and stop trying to scare people into contacting you direct. I know you want to sell speedos etc but up here in the Northern extremities we tend to help each other out where needed. We were offering 'technical' support back when HW were being laughed about in the racing community. So come on chill out....

Rant mode off.

To all, my files are DL'd direct from HW and stored on my VIRUS FREE machine and are checked PRIOR to upload, I have over 2000 downloads from satisfied 'friends' so go get them and use them if you need them safe in the knowledge that we in the community only have YOUR interests at heart and have no secondary motives.
No worries sir but you have to understand you dont own the software for you to be able to distribute now if they dont want you to distribute then you can't correct ? It is not owned by you or me it is the ownership of the writter and your not the writter you need to understand that .No disrespect to you either and it has nothing to do with selling esc's its about the job that i have been given to do thats all.nothing personal .

Im not hear for an argument im only here to help out thats all and i dont have a problem with you helping out either the more the better i just do what i am told thats all hobbywing is a family type pf business and we all listen to eachother with ideas and if you want to be part of it let us know and im sure we can fit you in somewhere .

take care
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #596
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
528 is the firmware made for speed passion .hobbywing is the 508,518 and the 422

If you need software please email me i would be gald to help you out

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
are you sure 528 mod is only for speed passion? the readme in the hobbywing folder shows it is available. And razzor has it in his. Here is where I downloaded it from.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....62_100608.rar

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
the latest software has the following firmware
garycoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:48 AM   #597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Maybe something can be interpreted from the wording "made for speed passion"???
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #598
Tech Rookie

I run a 13.5 stock what setting would be good to start at ans what would you say was a good motor for the 120a speed controller
ah wait thanks cherry just read u again lol
dazzzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #599
Tech Addict

Quote:
are you sure 528 mod is only for speed passion? the readme in the hobbywing folder shows it is available. And razzor has it in his. Here is where I downloaded it from.

http://www.hobbywing.com/upload/soft....62_100608.rar
I think COBRARACING is referring to Speedpassion 528 stocks (similar to HW 518 stocks) while the MOD 528 are present in both programs.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Guys

There are more products being released at the same time as the xtreme stock .

example the 120 amp 2.1 with has an upgraded mosfet circuit board.
120 amp 1S single
the new short course truck combo .
Justock 45 amp esc with no timing

so please patient

If anyone needs software/firmware please email me at teamcobraracing@gmail.com dont download from file factory hobbywing does not recomment it .

so guys please be patient .

thank you for your time

Angelo hobbywing tech dir.
I know this is beating on a dead horse, but June is almost over...
Been holding off on an order so I can squeeze the xtreme stock esc into it. Hopefully, it will be distributed this week.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote