Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 FW:

110119_STOCK vs 110211_STOCK

the only thing I can find is the Total timing degrees form 60 vs 64.

I use my Extreme Stock 60AMP for drifting with an 10.5T SpeedPassion V3.0 motor. With 2 cell lipo.

Witch will suit best? And what are the differences?

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedFreakNL
Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 FW:

110119_STOCK vs 110211_STOCK

the only thing I can find is the Total timing degrees form 60 vs 64.

I use my Extreme Stock 60AMP for drifting with an 10.5T SpeedPassion V3.0 motor. With 2 cell lipo.

Witch will suit best? And what are the differences?

Thanks.
With FW119 turbo will turn on, after the trigger delay at full throttle, FW211, the turbo will turn on after the trigger delay, AND all the boost timing has been applied.

Shawn
Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anybody had a problem with the xerun fan? it died on me when bench testing after the race.. no fan is working on it now... is there a performance loss if i just put it in one of the reciever sockets? glicthing or fan slowing down?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tmomedrano
anybody had a problem with the xerun fan? it died on me when bench testing after the race.. no fan is working on it now... is there a performance loss if i just put it in one of the reciever sockets? glicthing or fan slowing down?
they do go after a while from dirt and dust
Old 08-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

i mean the terminal where you put the fan... i think the circuitry for the fan is gone... the fan works well with the reciever and the motor s still running even with boost...
Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

havent herd of that before have u tried a diffrent fan if your running stock the fan isnt gonna make as big of deal it does keep it cooler but
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

yup.. tried the fan in my motor... no go... now i just put the motor fan and esc fan in parallel and put it in on of the reciever sockets... im using r604fs btw with 4pks... i havent tested it yet on the track. yes im also running 13.5 with boost...
Old 08-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

thats very weird how old was it
Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

fairly new... about 3 months...
Old 08-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
With FW119 turbo will turn on, after the trigger delay at full throttle, FW211, the turbo will turn on after the trigger delay, AND all the boost timing has been applied.

Shawn
Thanks for that usefull info.

So with FW119 you apply the turbo at any RPM activited by full throttle.
And FW211 it depends on your max boost timing, boost start RPM and boost timing acceleration with result in an RPM where the max boost is applied and where turbo can by activated by full throttle.
So when I understand right. FW119 you can use turbo at any RPM and FW211 you can set an start RPM for Turbo (setup by the 3 boost settings)

I can't Find anything of this difference in the manual instuctions of the both fw's.

But I think FW211 is the follower for the 518 like the comparison made in this manual.

Is there à source where you can find the differences between the fw versions?

Thanks

Last edited by SpeedFreakNL; 08-03-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Typ FW 211 wrong one time
Old 08-03-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I'm having problems with my HW Xtremestock.

Earlier this week I installed a new R603FS rx and my new 3PKS tx to see if they worked properly and it did. Put it back on the shelf and this morning I wanted to trim the steering on my car so I switched it on and I didn't have reverse anymore. Thought it might be the settings of the new transmitter so I checked them all but its all good. Checked the ESC settings with my programbox but all good there too. I switched out the reciever, servo, battery and transmitter but still nothing. Tried to calibrate it, but after calibrating it the ESC wasn't calibrated at all. I had to trim the throttle back a long way to stop the motor from revving on its own. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong as I put it on the shelf working perfectly with the new electronics and I can't find the problem.

Has my Xtremestock spontaneously died?

edit: New software has brought it back to live. No idea why the old software wasn't working anymore but hey, its fixed!

Last edited by Tizer; 08-03-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tizer
Hey guys,

Earlier this week I installed a new R603FS rx and my new 3PKS tx to see if they worked properly and it did. Put it back on the shelf and this morning I wanted to trim the steering on my car so I switched it on and I didn't have reverse anymore. Thought it might be the settings of the new transmitter so I checked them all but its all good. Checked the ESC settings with my programbox but all good there too. I switched out the reciever, servo, battery and transmitter but still nothing. Tried to calibrate it, but after calibrating it the ESC wasn't calibrated at all. I had to trim the throttle back a long way to stop the motor from revving on its own. I have absolutely no idea whats wrong as I put it on the shelf working perfectly with the new electronics and I can't find the problem.

edit: New software has brought it back to live. No idea why the old software wasn't working anymore but hey, its fixed!

It sounds like the ESC calibration has not worked for whatever reason. You should go back to what worked and make sure it calibrates OK. If it does, swap to the new radio/receiver and try again. If it does not work then it may be that the receiver does not work well with the speed control. Sounds crazy but my Futaba receiver gives a weaker signal than most (by design) and so will not work with most speedos without an adapter cable to boost the signal, might be what's happening.

Regards

Neal
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Sounds like when you calibrated the speedy the first time you did not switch it off straight after and it has dropped your settings.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hey Guys im new to HW just got in my new Extreme Stock 60A Ver 2 it looks great very nice design, cant wait to try it out this weekend.

i went back 10 or so pages but can seem to find any set ups for 17.5 BL to run in what we call SuperStock its a 17.5 class that Boost and Turbo are allowed...

Any suggestions for a good starting point or are the default settings a good start?

thx in advance
Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tizer
Hey guys,

Is your reciever an original Futaba or a offshoot from china as i know there are manufacturers that manufacture futaba 4pk and 3pk receivers and they are just total rubbish there are a few sold out of hong kong on line stores etc .

please send me an email at [email protected] and we can chat there about the issue im sure we can solve it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.