R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #5746
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy View Post
Hi all i'm after some help if poss ?? i'm running an extreme stk esc in my 12th scale powered by a 1cell lipo with an aditional booster which has been working great but the other day i tried downloading 508 no timing software to the esc but once completed it just bleeps and bleeps !!! had a look in the manual and it says there maybe an abnormal voltage i.e. too high or too low please help

thanx in advance Morgy
Switch off your lipo cut-off......
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #5747
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Im running an electric rc bike,FDR 8.1..with a speed passion 17.5T motor..

Settings are
Punch 9
Boost Timing 40
Turbo Slope 18
Turbo timing 35
Start RPM 2000
turbo Delay 0.2
Timing acc 350

I could do with a bit more punch lower down,any suggestions?..with these settings the motor is hardly warm.......i have a x12 17.5t motor i could put in,but wanted to see if i could get this motor working....
sunktothenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #5748
Tech Adept

Reduce your turbo timing to 24 as you can only get 64 degrees total timing and then reduce your gearing by a couple of teeth at a time until you get what you want from the punch. From the settings you show the esc cant give you any more.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #5749
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunktothenutz View Post
Hi

Settings are
Punch 9
Boost Timing 40
Turbo Slope 18
Turbo timing 35
Start RPM 2000
turbo Delay 0.2
Timing acc 350

I could do with a bit more punch lower down,any suggestions?..with these settings the motor is hardly warm.......i have a x12 17.5t motor i could put in,but wanted to see if i could get this motor working....
Try increasing your start rpm to make use the natural torque of the motor instead of throwing boost timing at it so early.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #5750
Tech Apprentice

Hi Thanks,

Dont really want to ruduce teeth on the pinion,as need top end,very long straight!.....

I lowerd the start rpm to get it to kick in earlier,as i dont think this motor has much natural torque?....
Old 07-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #5751
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy View Post
Hi all i'm after some help if poss ?? i'm running an extreme stk esc in my 12th scale powered by a 1cell lipo with an aditional booster which has been working great but the other day i tried downloading 508 no timing software to the esc but once completed it just bleeps and bleeps !!! had a look in the manual and it says there maybe an abnormal voltage i.e. too high or too low please help

thanx in advance Morgy
drop your lipo voltage cut off to 2.8v
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #5752
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hi

Settings are
Punch 9
Boost Timing 40
Turbo Slope 18
Turbo timing 35
Start RPM 2000
turbo Delay 0.2
Timing acc 350

try this

Punch 9
Boost Timing 45
Turbo Slope 6
Turbo timing 19
Start RPM 1000
turbo Delay 0.5
Timing acc 50
maximnaegels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #5753
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Hi

Settings are
Punch 9
Boost Timing 40
Turbo Slope 18
Turbo timing 35
Start RPM 2000
turbo Delay 0.2
Timing acc 350

Try lowering FDR to the 5-6 range and maybe increase boost start and lower turbo timing to around 24 as mentioned!

Good luck!
snabbgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #5754
Tech Regular

anyone got a good starting setup for a duo 3 21.5 using the 211 software

heres a track ill b running on

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/barry.h/homepage.htm

thanks...
Old 07-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #5755
rai
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi

Settings are
Punch 9
Boost Timing 40
Turbo Slope 18
Turbo timing 35
Start RPM 2000
turbo Delay 0.2
Timing acc 350

what fw are you using? If it is 119 then lower the turbo timing to 20 & increase bit of start rpm to make use of the motor's own timing. If you're using the 211 FW then lower the turbo timing to 24 & also increase the start rpm.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #5756
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximnaegels View Post
try this

Start RPM 1000
You are absolutely mad if you think adding timing at 1000 rpm is going to work. At big events when traction is super high i will start at 7000 and maybe even work up to a 9000 start and this is in boosted 17.5..... i challenge anyone that is running a super low start rpm to change it and see how much better your car accelerates.

The X12 has loads of torque especially if you do like everyone else and run the 4 dot timing. As others have already stated I found the X12 to work much better with the 2 dot timing and only running around 30 boost and 10 turbo at max then gear the crap out of it.

You will find most motors do not need any timing before 4 or 5000 rpm in any application. You are actually creating less acceleration as the motor is struggling to add timing when it is under so much load at low rpm. The motors much prefer boost timing being added when there is less load and turbo when there is no load.

As a bike would be quite sensitive to throttle input i would be tempted to add a bigger turbo delay as well so you are not getting unwanted kick too early on.

I would try these settings with your X12

2 dot timing, FDR as is although you will probably end up adding more pinion.
Drrs 5
Start 5000
Boost 30
Boost timing acc 250
Turbo 10
Delay 0.3
Turbo slope 12

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #5757
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
You are absolutely mad if you think adding timing at 1000 rpm is going to work. At big events when traction is super high i will start at 7000 and maybe even work up to a 9000 start and this is in boosted 17.5..... i challenge anyone that is running a super low start rpm to change it and see how much better your car accelerates.

The X12 has loads of torque especially if you do like everyone else and run the 4 dot timing. As others have already stated I found the X12 to work much better with the 2 dot timing and only running around 30 boost and 10 turbo at max then gear the crap out of it.

You will find most motors do not need any timing before 4 or 5000 rpm in any application. You are actually creating less acceleration as the motor is struggling to add timing when it is under so much load at low rpm. The motors much prefer boost timing being added when there is less load and turbo when there is no load.

As a bike would be quite sensitive to throttle input i would be tempted to add a bigger turbo delay as well so you are not getting unwanted kick too early on.

I would try these settings with your X12

2 dot timing, FDR as is although you will probably end up adding more pinion.
Drrs 5
Start 5000
Boost 30
Boost timing acc 250
Turbo 10
Delay 0.3
Turbo slope 12
I totally agree depending of what motor and its quality and standard original performance without boost timing i wouldnt go below 4000 rpm start and the best way to find out your motors capabilty is to run zero timing and see how it performs and then go from there if it has good natural torque like most multi pole motors do then 4000 and above if not then you need to go lower but testing in zero timing 508 will tell you how your motors torque will perform
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #5758
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
Hi everyone. Planning on hitting the track again after a 6-month break. I have an X12 Octa 5.0T and a HW 120A v2.1 kicking around. So I want to get this combo into my 417. What is the best software and setup to start with? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Run the 119 mod software .As for a setup im sure someone will post one up who is running mod .
Thanks Cobra. Anyone with some ballpark settings to get me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #5759
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

would you guys say hw is as fast as speedpassion for 13.5t boosted touring?
littlealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #5760
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
Thank you for the very good replys...will have a go with those settings this weekend...By all accounts,it sounds like my x12 will be the better motor to use no matter what i do with the speed passion....

Bezaah,you are totally right,with the bikes we need the power to come in quite smooth...

Thanks again,simon