Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

can some1 explain the defference between 119 mod, 528mod, and 205mod and which is the latest one. all so with stock 323a to 211stock cheers
Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

yesterday my front bearing of my Xerun 10.5t motor gave way during the first final . So i only could limp a few rounds after wich i had to pull it from the track. Thank god I had a new 10.5t motor in my bag so only had to unplug the motor and switch it out. Man i love those motor wire plugs!

Can i buy a replacement bearing direct from hobbywing or does a store carry them? I looked around briefly but could not find them.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any new software update coming ? already so long no update
Old 07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thats a good thing. It means the current software is working!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Hi All,

currently i'm using xerun 120A. today one of 2 capacitor burned/smoked after i plug in the battery. i rewire the capacitor cable again to the esc and no more smoked. tested on track and working well.

Now i'm not sure if the smoked capacitor is working or not. power when turbo kick in seems a little less but still able to catch up with other car.

i have another ezerun 60a lying around. can i just swap this capacitor set to my xerun ?

what is the effect after i swap? remain the same or less..

please enlighten me.

Thank you.

Last edited by K_Takuya; 07-03-2011 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Thank god I had a new 10.5t motor in my bag so only had to unplug the motor and switch it out. Man i love those motor wire plugs!
I agree they are a cool idea, can you get spare male connectors to fit onto spare motors at all?. If so, is there a part number I could have to order from Racers in exile, our importer?
Many thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_Takuya
Hi All,

currently i'm using xerun 120A. today one of 2 capacitor burned/smoked after i plug in the battery. i rewire the capacitor cable again to the esc and no more smoked. tested on track and working well.

Now i'm not sure if the smoked capacitor is working or not. power when turbo kick in seems a little less but still able to catch up with other car.

i have another ezerun 60a lying around. can i just swap this capacitor set to my xerun ?

what is the effect after i swap? remain the same or less..

please enlighten me.

Thank you.
The capacitor bank is used to smooth this ripple voltage out so that the average voltage available to the ESC is very close to the battery voltage. Also used to protect the esc's electonics but also will produce higher rpm at low torque.Its the charging and discharging of the cap that causes the heat .

The bigger the capacitor and the Lower the esr /which relates to the internal resistance will also create more punch by keep the esc running cooler as the capacitor absorbs most of the heat.

Also try using a shorter + and - wire to reduce the line resistance .The bigger the cap the better the results because of the follwing stated above .
Old 07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jay m
can some1 explain the defference between 119 mod, 528mod, and 205mod and which is the latest one. all so with stock 323a to 211stock cheers
211 is the latest for stock and 119 for Mod .the latest versions and have more timing and more features like the turbo slope ,boost acc etc .The others are older and are limited to features thats all .
Old 07-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smilekt
any new software update coming ? already so long no update
not yet .
Old 07-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
yesterday my front bearing of my Xerun 10.5t motor gave way during the first final . So i only could limp a few rounds after wich i had to pull it from the track. Thank god I had a new 10.5t motor in my bag so only had to unplug the motor and switch it out. Man i love those motor wire plugs!

Can i buy a replacement bearing direct from hobbywing or does a store carry them? I looked around briefly but could not find them.
To be honest the best person to contact is cherry/stuart from racers excile uk he would be the one to help you out and he is in europe .If he doesnt have it in stock im sure in his next order he will be able to get you as many as you need .
Old 07-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Thats a good thing. It means the current software is working!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The capacitor bank is used to smooth this ripple voltage out so that the average voltage available to the ESC is very close to the battery voltage. Also used to protect the esc's electonics but also will produce higher rpm at low torque.Its the charging and discharging of the cap that causes the heat .

The bigger the capacitor and the Lower the esr /which relates to the internal resistance will also create more punch by keep the esc running cooler as the capacitor absorbs most of the heat.

Also try using a shorter + and - wire to reduce the line resistance .The bigger the cap the better the results because of the follwing stated above .
Thanks for the prompt reply

May i know, is this capacitor suitable?

http://mymegastation.com/home/megafi...20110704121544

And should i change to this, no violation on IFMAR etc rules right ?

About the + and - wire, do you mean from caps to esc? or esc to battery? or both ?

Thank you again.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ran the Hobbywing Extreme Stock Spec in the recent Australian NSW State Championships... and the car was an absolute weapon.

More grunt and top end then any of the other cars on the track.. and it worked flawlessly all weekend while others were having many issues with cooking their electronics while trying to keep up.

I liked the Hobbywing before... and I'm even more impressed with it now.

Good Work HW!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gav-
Ran the Hobbywing Extreme Stock Spec in the recent Australian NSW State Championships... and the car was an absolute weapon.
Nice work - car looked good! Willing to share your setup?

Phil.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Gav-

More grunt and top end then any of the other cars on the track.. and it worked flawlessly all weekend while others were having many issues with cooking their electronics while trying to keep up.

I liked the Hobbywing before... and I'm even more impressed with it now.

Good Work HW!
Ca N you please share your set up for this event? I had thoughts on how to set up for this track. Will be interesting to see how you ended up!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.