R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #5416
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

stangas here are my most recent settings from thursday.

6.8 FDR
Duo 3 -2 endbell timing
DRRS: 9
Boost Timing: 40
Turbo slope: 24
turbo timing: 22
start rpm: 4000
turbo delay: off
timing acc: 50

Im getting faster every thursday. Everyone with the tekins at my track like to slice, punch, zip and zing, thru the infield of the track to get fast laps. Im too am trying to reach the same effect. Im thinking more boost, and almost no turbo timing. I also need to look into gearing shorter. Open to ideas.

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #5417
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
thanks
you could use a data logger etc during practise tho
to be honest i have access to both a data logger and a proper 4wd Rc dyno
there fantastic, for gathering info. the best way imo is just run the sucker.
its very hard to give some body a setup that will work unless they have the same car at the same track and drive the same.
sure, we all need new esc firmware with data logger, most need to know max rpm, and timing by rpm, this also help to know how the car behavior on many loads, and fdr.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #5418
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
sure, we all need new esc firmware with data logger, most need to know max rpm, and timing by rpm, this also help to know how the car behavior on many loads, and fdr.
Seriously... just stop.
Max RPM means zero, nothing, nowt, zip, naff all....
By the max RPM you have used up all your boost and turbo, so it doesn't gain anything at all in terms of being able to setup the speedo, as you can't tell where it will have ended giving the boost.
Ask any data engineer, a single value for max rpm will be next to useless, hell, I could get a false reading easily by picking the car off the ground after a run and revving it up... "oo, look ma, 70,000rpm!"

If you want an RPM log, you need it in respect to time, so you can plot the rpm correctly on a graph vs time. Then you actually can get the meaningful data too (i.e. RPM at slowest corner!). As Angelo has previously explained countless times, there is no room on the ESC memory to do this. So to take something off the current software to add the feature that adds nothing to performance, no thank you.

If you want to log RPM, buy a separate data logger like Cherry has, and run it that way. Now stop your jibber jabber, please.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #5419
Tech Addict

Default MIND SNAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Seriously... just stop.
Max RPM means zero, nothing, nowt, zip, naff all....
By the max RPM you have used up all your boost and turbo, so it doesn't gain anything at all in terms of being able to setup the speedo, as you can't tell where it will have ended giving the boost.
Ask any data engineer, a single value for max rpm will be next to useless, hell, I could get a false reading easily by picking the car off the ground after a run and revving it up... "oo, look ma, 70,000rpm!"

If you want an RPM log, you need it in respect to time, so you can plot the rpm correctly on a graph vs time. Then you actually can get the meaningful data too (i.e. RPM at slowest corner!). As Angelo has previously explained countless times, there is no room on the ESC memory to do this. So to take something off the current software to add the feature that adds nothing to performance, no thank you.

If you want to log RPM, buy a separate data logger like Cherry has, and run it that way. Now stop your jibber jabber, please.
Honestly i've been following the posts from IRGO for a while and my brain is about to explode. After all the replies from Angelo, TryHard, Cherry and others and still the stuff that gets posted by MR IRGO begs to be believed.
Replies have been given to set the records straight and still the same mind bending stuff comes up.

From all affected STOP NOW, ENOUGH is ENOUGH. What a waste of valuable time and effort. IRGO your posts have been answered ! Comprende !!!!!!

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #5420
rai
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Guys

I am in the process of setting up a facebook page for Hobbywing just to expand our lines of communication for all of us .china will be the only place with no facebook access sorry guys .
Inform us when the page is opened. Thanks
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #5421
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 2 in 1 program box problem

I have upgraded the software for my 120amp V2 speedie. When i unplugged the computer from the program box, the program box asked me to upgrade. I assumed it was to update the box

I went back into the computer with all the leads connected with the USB link. I then selected the 2 in 1 box and hit Upgrade.

Now my box shows a blank line. An error mesage also came up on the software half way through the upgrade saying "Upgrade Operate Fail" (or something like that)

Now the box doesnt work at all when it is connected to the ESC only

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is actually the second box i have bought becuase i threw out the first one thinking it was buggered.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #5422
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Settings for large track

I'm not actually running in this class/event, but I'm interested in understanding the settings and the approach to get them right. I did run my car at this track (refer attached image) for a bit of fun. The straight is a little over 50m and the running direction is clockwise

Onroad, TC, 17.5 Fantom Ion 3, 2.11 firmware in Xtreme Stock. I grabbed the settings from somewhere on the web:

FDR: 6.8
Max reverse: 100%
Initial brake: 0%
Neutral range: 6%
Boost: 36
Turbo slope rate: 18
Turbo: 21
Boost start: 4000
Turbo delay: 0.1s
Boost timing acceleration: 400

Motor timing: 0 (which is supposed to be around 32 degrees, according to instructions with it).

I had expected these to be quite conservative (apart from maybe the turbo delay), but the motor came off quite warm (close to 80degC).

Where should I start? I'm thinking of dropping the FDR a little (due to size of track) and increasing the turbo delay. Any other ideas?

Phil.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-moorebank201106.jpg  
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #5423
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From what I have heard low-mid 5 FDR for boosted 17.5

I'd say your motor is spending too long at high RPM with lots of timing, but in saying that I'd be maxing out your turbo and boost then adjust other settings to suit (and pay with FDR)
Old 06-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #5424
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

awesome response guys,

i will be looking into these settings and will be in touch.. gonna do a practice run on friday.

stangas
Old 06-28-2011, 01:50 AM   #5425
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

anyone tried the hw xerun motors and how they compare
jay m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:55 AM   #5426
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Ron View Post
An error mesage also came up on the software half way through the upgrade saying "Upgrade Operate Fail" (or something like that)
If an error like that happens, hit the upgrade button again.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #5427
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
And I wish they would actually tell us what each step of the boost and turbo was in degree's so we could figure out our end Rpm... Back in the good old 518 days it was much easier IMO as setting 7 was 18 degrees and if i had 6 turbo and timing acc 350 with a 6000 start my end rpm was going to be 14400. The current set up guide for 211 is not exactly clear on this issue.
according to your theorie, if you put boost to 0 degree, your car would not run?

On 0 degrees of timing, the motors KV rating come into account, this is the RPM it can reach without any boost timing added.
Actually, the KV ratings are the number you could look at, to give you an idea about the motors end RPM, under load. Boost timing doesn't affect that end RPM much... (maybe +20%)

Last edited by M7H; 06-28-2011 at 03:54 AM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #5428
Tech Fanatic

I think he meant timing end...ie when the timing would reach its maximum value (Not including turbo)

Its common terminology for the tekin software
Old 06-28-2011, 02:21 AM   #5429
Tech Fanatic

And boost has a huge effect on RPM's. Thats its job...

Thats why you would gear a non timed 17.5 around 3.5-4.0 and a timed 17.5 at 5.5 or above (Usually) and still have the timed car be much faster
Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #5430
Tech Master

mwa martin kv ratings are a little overrated. There is no way to know how the data of the kv rating has been collected by the manufacturer/brands as the kv ratings are not ratings with a "zero" timing. They can slap anything on it really. My xerun 10.5t has a kv rating of 3.300. The lrp x12 has 3.600 but we all know it has more timing build in. The novak 10.5t has a massive 4.200 rating slapped on.

ps:
the datalogger would come in handy

Last edited by 2wdrive; 06-28-2011 at 02:52 AM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote