R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 06-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #526
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlealex View Post
i m interest of getting a hobbywing esc for my parking lot fun car (t2 touring)

just wondering which verion of hobbywing esc should i get (running 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 bl motors)

anyone try the new extreme stock esc? whats different between ezrun xerun and stock esc?
The EZRun are sensorless only, The XERun are sensored and can be used with the extreme stock update.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #527
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1 View Post
The EZRun are sensorless only, The XERun are sensored and can be used with the extreme stock update.
spot on but you can also use the justock for the parking lot .can run down to a 10.5T motor but no turbo timing software can be loaded

and its cheaper
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #528
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default help

i was running my wgt tonight with the xerun 60 amp and about 10 laps in it seemed that the turbo boost went away and the car lost its rip. check motor temp it was a little high at 160 deg but not to bad. running a ballistic 13.5. any suggestions on what could have went wrong. so far this speedo has been amazing just not sure why it lost its rip
bigdanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #529
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

battry??

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #530
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

bigdanes: Had the same experience when I was testing my 60A Xerun with 13.5. For me, it was the battery. I noticed that my battery drained faster on the Xerun than my previous LRP TC Spec.
Mark Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #531
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdanes View Post
i was running my wgt tonight with the xerun 60 amp and about 10 laps in it seemed that the turbo boost went away and the car lost its rip. check motor temp it was a little high at 160 deg but not to bad. running a ballistic 13.5. any suggestions on what could have went wrong. so far this speedo has been amazing just not sure why it lost its rip
Just got a 60A recently and had the same problem. Mine was caused by running too much timing. There was a discussion about this a few pages back. Set items 9-15 to their slowest values and run it again. If you don't see the symptom, it was the settings being too aggressive.
Threg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #532
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Ive been reading some of your posts and it seems you guys are having some problems small issues etc etc .Let me help you out a little with some info.

Now when turbo timing is used means more power the higher the timing the more the juice it needs to operate .

Now some battery's on the market and alot of the cheaper ones are not 100% c rated on what they state so the battery cannot give you the max discharge you need to operate the esc with its timing at peak levels .

Bottom line is you need more juice from your battery to keep up with the esc timing you will notice that less timing and things will get back to normal with the boost settings and performance .

See many who use these products also dont know everthing about the product or the technical side of things i was one of them many years ago

when you buy a battery or an esc you need to know what your looking for when buying and what you want to get out of the product the higher the performance the better the quality esc and battery you need .sometimes calculations need to be done to find the right battery and esc

buying a top quality esc but a poor battery because its cheap makes no sense it's like building a race car with a big block engine but using a 4 cylinder specified gearbox its not going to get you far right ?Its the same with rc high quality products demand power and thats when they work to there ultimate performance .

I am working on a chart and it will be available soon on how to choose the correct battery and esc and how to do the calculations to make things easier for you to understand

ok take care friends will post the chart soon
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 AM   #533
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi COBRARACING

very usefull infomation ..
Thank so much ..
Old 06-17-2010, 02:28 AM   #534
Tech Elite

Quote:
Bigdanes try this setup below

if you use 13.5T ,you can try this setting :

9=7
12=8 or 9
13=4
14=5
15=4

FDR : 6.4

let me know how you go .

regards Angelo
Old 06-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #535
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
SP have released both a 528 STOCK and MOD firmware, the latest hobbywing update only includes 528 MOD.

2 questions:

Is there any different between 528 MOD and STOCK in the SP version?

If there is, will we see hobbywing release the update for 528 Stock?

thanks

and to above post, here are pics from RedRC http://www.redrc.net/2010/06/hobbywi...club-spec-esc/
Last night I tried the FW 528 stock SP with 17.5 in a race club, but found no appreciable differences, so I reloaded the HW 518 and won the race ...
Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #536
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default 60a

thanks for all the feedback guys this is one of the main reasons i purchased this speedo. I will give it a try and see what it does and let you know.

thanks again
bigdanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #537
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Cobra please a hint of things to come

I running HW 60 with the ripping stock soft on my mi4 with zippy lipos and a SP 13.5 v1.. Its runs amazing. I am just a club runner.. My question Is I am going to be in the market for a new ESC for my carpet car. Should I buy the current esc or wait for your better things to come. I have a HW 60 which I can move into my sons car(hes just learning). I have a 120 HW in my Cat SX and SP LPF in my Tarmac mi4 and looking for a new speedo for my carpet setup..

What is the latest stock soft out right now?
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zleader_99 View Post
I running HW 60 with the ripping stock soft on my mi4 with zippy lipos and a SP 13.5 v1.. Its runs amazing. I am just a club runner.. My question Is I am going to be in the market for a new ESC for my carpet car. Should I buy the current esc or wait for your better things to come. I have a HW 60 which I can move into my sons car(hes just learning). I have a 120 HW in my Cat SX and SP LPF in my Tarmac mi4 and looking for a new speedo for my carpet setup..

What is the latest stock soft out right now?
For your carpet setup get yourself the extreme stock esc its small,light ,sensored and can run to a 8.5T motor .perfect for the carpet pan car that have hardly any space .
Old 06-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #539
Tech Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threg View Post
Just got a 60A recently and had the same problem. Mine was caused by running too much timing. There was a discussion about this a few pages back. Set items 9-15 to their slowest values and run it again. If you don't see the symptom, it was the settings being too aggressive.

The reason is that esc turns to sensorless.This is very common on HW/SP speedos.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #540
Tech Adept

Default braking and coming off power

I am finding that as i come off throttle the car seems to slow down a bit too suddenly even if i have no drag brake - is this to do with the advance in the timing?
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote