R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #5131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeys punk View Post
Xrayal you have got your wirers crossed. He was saying you can get 2 hobbywings for the price of 1 Speed passion so your wrong not him.

Angelo you can't honestly think we beleve all the rubbish you are coming out with about one world one dream. I don't know one racer that buys Hobbywing for mainly the service but everyone I know buys it for the price and that's it. If you want service go speak to Randy on the Tekin thread, now that is for the back up and service even out of warranty.
Are you trying to make us think you are only here to help and don't want to make money ? You don't want to devalue the name as it devalues your pocket.
Tip
Just be honest and give up with the Bob Marley one love stuff please.
Ahhh an old saying comes to mind..................................
If you aint got nothing nice to say, dont say anything
I was alright, .......but I got over it
New Web Address www.stmcc.webs.com
lethallee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 AM   #5132
CFR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
Many people (myself included) have run the xtreme with 10.5 and 2s with boosted software and no troubles...
Thanks for the info

Will the esc perform much the same as the 1s ESC running the same software?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:43 AM   #5133
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Not sure... But I have run the 1s 120a with a 10.5 in 12th
Just lower start rpms and run more aggressive punch
Old 05-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #5134
Tech Adept

Quote:
Xrayal you have got your wirers crossed. He was saying you can get 2 hobbywings for the price of 1 Speed passion so your wrong not him.

Angelo you can't honestly think we beleve all the rubbish you are coming out with about one world one dream. I don't know one racer that buys Hobbywing for mainly the service but everyone I know buys it for the price and that's it. If you want service go speak to Randy on the Tekin thread, now that is for the back up and service even out of warranty.
Are you trying to make us think you are only here to help and don't want to make money ? You don't want to devalue the name as it devalues your pocket.
Tip
Wow you sound like a real fun guy to be around

There is nothing wrong with being aspirational! You speak for yourself here and don't use the term 'WE'! I believe your find you are in the minority.

From a service point of view I sent an ESC back to china for repair explaining that I had reversed polarited it (I had as brain fart!) and was not charged for the repair, it only took 2 weeks including postage time. I had to send my Tekin back for repair after a friend blew it up and it took over 3 months and its wasn't even the same 2nd hand ESC that come back!

I know what service I prefered and thats one of the main reasons of course along with the price as to why I changed.

Angelo runs a business of course he is here to make money, they difference is he is not ripping the arse out racers doing it! As many have said when you buy HW to get a top end product but at a sensible price.

It seems this forum is becoming more and more about defending products and not exchanging useful information thats helps other racers.

Reply Rant Over (Think I read this on a bad day!)
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 AM   #5135
Tech Elite

Quote:

Tip
Since your signature says tekin im guessing your running tekin so i ask you why are you on the hobbywing thread ? the tekin thread is were you belong not in this one right did your GPS give you the wrong directions .

Im also Guessing many esc companies also fear Hobbywing as we are the biggest r/c esc manufacturer in the world .Im sure randy or jim campbell wouldnt like you coming onto the hobbywing thread and talking about there service.

There have been instances were guys have blown up there esc's there fault of course and some out of warranty to and we have replaced them with new ones all they paid was the freight so please get your facts right before you come on this thread and start putting all of us down .Your a tekin user and you dont belong here stick tot he thread of the brand you support .

thanks in advance
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #5136
Tech Adept

Nice but a pretty rubbish effort at trying to make me look stupid when if you search through my posts you will see I was running Hobbywing until recentlly. I stopped using it for the reasons I stated in my last post. So wind your neck in and do a bit of research before you try and be a smart arse.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #5137
Tech Master

lower boost with turbo for the straight vs no turbo and higher boost and maybe higher acc?

pro's or cons? Would boost of 55 (as an example) with a little higher acc and maybe lower rollout be smoother/faster then boost 40 with 15 turbo?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #5138
Tech Fanatic

May I point out to the Hobbywing guys (Angelo et al) that there is an immutable sales Law that has never been broken? Please consider that in your attempts to put your company in a good light, and to ensure that a fair view is given of your efforts to please your customers, the words you use are interpreted by those customers as breaking Rule 3.

Rule 1 - the customer is always right.
Rule 2 - the customer will not accept second-best
Rule 3 - when the customer is wrong, refer to Rule 1

This I learnt as a warranty administrator at Ford in 1972. I also learnt that in the matter of providing a service to a customer (when will their car be fixed?) there are only two things a customer wants to know - what's going to happen next, and when. It is by your delivery of that promise that customer's judge suppliers, and that alone. If it doesn't happen, or worse, it doesn't happen after you said it would, you lose customers fast.

In the meantime, could we be spared the demeaning rants of all concerned, and give this thread back to the people who want to get advice from the many (happy!) Hobbywing users? Thank you.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #5139
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
May I point out to the Hobbywing guys (Angelo et al) that there is an immutable sales Law that has never been broken? Please consider that in your attempts to put your company in a good light, and to ensure that a fair view is given of your efforts to please your customers, the words you use are interpreted by those customers as breaking Rule 3.

Rule 1 - the customer is always right.
Rule 2 - the customer will not accept second-best
Rule 3 - when the customer is wrong, refer to Rule 1

This I learnt as a warranty administrator at Ford in 1972. I also learnt that in the matter of providing a service to a customer (when will their car be fixed?) there are only two things a customer wants to know - what's going to happen next, and when. It is by your delivery of that promise that customer's judge suppliers, and that alone. If it doesn't happen, or worse, it doesn't happen after you said it would, you lose customers fast.

In the meantime, could we be spared the demeaning rants of all concerned, and give this thread back to the people who want to get advice from the many (happy!) Hobbywing users? Thank you.
+1 ...

isnt this thread meant to help people to get the best out of there h/w speedos, who cares bout all the other stuff.

keep up the good work
Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #5140
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

COOL
Tekin RS Pro
Futaba 4PK
McCracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #5141
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Angelo

If I have not mentioned it before, you have been good for this thread ... there will always be someone out there who will not be satisfied ... just nature's rule ... there will be another in future and so don't let it flutter you, but just let it pass ... ... and concentrate on those who are here looking for help ...

Thank you

Old 05-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #5142
Tech Regular

i agree, if it wouldnt be for this thread and all good information i wouldnt owned a hobbywing esc today... and today i only own hw escs, and cant think of buying anything else..

btw i love my new xtremestock! if only the 120a could be in the same size!
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #5143
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
lower boost with turbo for the straight vs no turbo and higher boost and maybe higher acc?

pro's or cons? Would boost of 55 (as an example) with a little higher acc and maybe lower rollout be smoother/faster then boost 40 with 15 turbo?
This has been the biggest question I have. I am thinking of building a dyno just so I can see actual results from these types of changes.

Personally, I like the high boost, low turbo (50 boost 14 Turbo), it it really gives the car the rip I like on the infield. As you know, 80% of a race track is the infield, so thats where I put my biggest effort for gearing etc. Rnning 119 this way made the speedo act almost linear. I am thinking the reason my WGT car feels slow on the infield is because of how the turbo comes on only after all the boost is in. I am going to try switching back to 1224 for this weekend and see if it makes a difference.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #5144
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
Didnt i once read about someone having power, and then shortly loosing almost all of it? I turned off and turned everything back on and it was powered up again.
This happened to me infront of the house, Im going to the track tomorrow and dont want this problem to come back or will at least know how to fix it. Also cant give a bad first impression of hobbywing to the shop

You aint messin wit my dougie..
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #5145
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL1031 View Post
This happened to me infront of the house, Im going to the track tomorrow and dont want this problem to come back or will at least know how to fix it. Also cant give a bad first impression of hobbywing to the shop
Reload lcd and esc twice seems to be the way to solve this problem!

Mine did it run less than 1/2 power at WOT!

Reloaded lcd and esc problem hasnt come back
rge63 is offline   Reply With Quote