R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #5116
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Would probably just gear it up a bit more maybe 6ish??little less maybe, but always remember that the HW motors like to rev, they are not a torquey motor they are free revving, so let them rev and don't forget to turn on the thermal protection to protect the motor as when they rev they can get a bit warm.
Guys,
I've done some testing with a SP3.0 on the HW ESC and the only way to get the punch of other motors is to have the ACC turned down to 50 and gear the nuts out of it! You'll be surprised how different it is from a 13.5. Watch the temperatures and you'll know when you hit the sweet spot as the car will fly!
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #5117
Tech Fanatic

Will someone please help me with this question?

Will one LCD Programming box work with any speedo irrespective of the program in the speedo? I want to have one car using 'blinky' program, and one car using 'timing' program. Can I adjust them both with one LCD Programming box?

I am asking because I want to buy another HW 1S speedo for my other car, and I need to know if I need one Programming box for each speedo if the speedos are using different software. If the programming box has to match the program in the speedo, I will buy a second programming box.

Thanks is advance
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #5118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post

Will one LCD Programming box work with any speedo irrespective of the program in the speedo? I want to have one car using 'blinky' program, and one car using 'timing' program. Can I adjust them both with one LCD Programming box?

I am asking because I want to buy another HW 1S speedo for my other car, and I need to know if I need one Programming box for each speedo if the speedos are using different software. If the programming box has to match the program in the speedo, I will buy a second programming box.

Thanks is advance
One programming box will be enough. You could've tested it out yourself, just update your esc's to each firmware and see if the box worked with both firmwares on the same esc.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #5119
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone using Hobbywing Xerun 120A v2 esc with Nosram sensored motors? If u do, is the motor or ESC working fine without issues?

I hv a Nosram Dragon 9.5t motor connected and it seems that everytime after i full throttle, the green LEDs on the ESC will start blinking and stay that way even after i let go of the throttle. The motor and ESC are not hot btw. I have also turned off the turbo function on the ESC. I'm using the 211 software on the ESC and the firmware in the LCD program box is v1.07 119.

I hope anyone who uses this combo can help or give any input, short of me changing the ESC or motor. Thanks!!
kamenkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #5120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
You could buy 2 HW for the price of the idenitcal SpeedPassion, but you paid your money and made your choice. If you wanted customer service you bought the SP and if you want to take your chances then buy the HW.

This forum used to be about racers helping each other, who were happy to share advice because they were on to a good thing. Now the ESC's are almost the same price as SP, so what is the point?

It wasn't so long ago when Cherry was posting links to eBay sellers in HK giving the best deals on HW products, and would have been saying go to GiantCod to get a Justock for a little over 30.
sorry mate, but you are ill informed. speed passion speedos are not the same price as hobbywing, nowhere near it.
as for the service/back up etc, thanks to this forum and much behind the scenes work, we now fully understand how the hw speedos work. thanks to those whom i shall not name (you know who you are) all the back up required is already here. right here right now. if your unsure about how to use your new speedo, why risk blowing it? there are many of us willing to help all racers out at, all levels. ive lost count of the amount of racers that have asked me to help them set up their speedo, not one has blown or cooked or gone wrong. follow the instructions given on this thread by cobra and cherry and you wont go wrong.

just a quick one as my rant is now over...............

a top a final 13.5 racer with countless wins to his name decided to try an extreme stock. didnt like it, said it shut down,was nowhere near as quick as his tekin blah blah blah- usual shit.i loaded 211 for him, spent a race meeting geting it right for him. his lap times convinced him to sell the tekin.

thank you cherry, thank you angelo

thankyou to all the racers that have helped us all get where we are today. look back 1 year ago................how good are WE going to be this time next year.have faith people. hobbywing has been, and is on the up.
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #5121
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post

Thanks is advance
just one lcd prgrammer is enough for as many esc's as you like for hobbywing
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #5122
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
sorry mate, but you are ill informed. speed passion speedos are not the same price as hobbywing, nowhere near it.
as for the service/back up etc, thanks to this forum and much behind the scenes work, we now fully understand how the hw speedos work. thanks to those whom i shall not name (you know who you are) all the back up required is already here. right here right now. if your unsure about how to use your new speedo, why risk blowing it? there are many of us willing to help all racers out at, all levels. ive lost count of the amount of racers that have asked me to help them set up their speedo, not one has blown or cooked or gone wrong. follow the instructions given on this thread by cobra and cherry and you wont go wrong.

just a quick one as my rant is now over...............

a top a final 13.5 racer with countless wins to his name decided to try an extreme stock. didnt like it, said it shut down,was nowhere near as quick as his tekin blah blah blah- usual shit.i loaded 211 for him, spent a race meeting geting it right for him. his lap times convinced him to sell the tekin.

thank you cherry, thank you angelo

thankyou to all the racers that have helped us all get where we are today. look back 1 year ago................how good are WE going to be this time next year.have faith people. hobbywing has been, and is on the up.
The kind words are really appreciated but it's not only myself doing all the work it is team hobbywing which includes not only the official owners and stake holders but the customer itself .

I am not kidding i surf the net all the time and read many forums and from what i see from this forum there are so many passionate people who are learning everyday about hobbywing products and i have to say many that have put me in my place technically on many occasions we learn from eachother and that is what keeps me going as if we looked back 1 year ago there was no communication from hobbywing no tech support from hobbywing waiting periods of more than 6 months, the xerun series was nowhere not used for racing purposes in most parts of the world but look at it now and it wasn't michaels fault why this occured in the past as if you see the work load michael has you would go nuts and end up in a metal home seeking help.

It is all you guys the loyal customers that have gotten hobbywing to were it is today and that is a real threat in the r/c industry and not the HK stores or others for that matter .Your push for change has been taken on board and we started to listen we owe the success of the present and the success which will see a bright future to all of you no one else .

ONE WORLD ONE DREAM thats what hobbywing believes in .

Thank you to all of you really it means alot to us at hobbywing .

with the utmost respect to you and your families thank you .

Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #5123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Better quality products will have less incidence of failure and issues regarding servicing. Reverse voltage input protection, waterproof, thermal shutdown, dead short protection, better manuals, etc.

Before I could not race TC as I cringed at the cost of a Tekin (inspite of a great product and excellent customer service).

I would rather take a gamble and buy product, buy two of them, and not pay for the customer service. If one breaks, tough luck. But that is just my personal expectation of what I was getting into.

Today it is probably cheaper to buy a new electronic product than having it repaired (labor, parts, shipping).

Some customers want it all. But then, that might raise the selling price of Hobbywing for guys like me?

I have two Hobbywings, both going strong.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #5124
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i am in the same boat. $$$ are not easy to come by,and most rc gear were i live loses its warranty the moment you hand your cash over.
luckily hobbywing makes a reliable and affordable esc at a very good price.
what i like as much as the price is your not buying some thing with less features because it costs less,your getting the latest technology.
plus they have FREE updates.
you don't have to keep buying new esc,s every 6 months,and can take the program box with you to change settings at the track.
hopefully in the coming months i will get a 2nd hobbywing esc
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #5125
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenkoh View Post
Anyone using Hobbywing Xerun 120A v2 esc with Nosram sensored motors? If u do, is the motor or ESC working fine without issues?

I hv a Nosram Dragon 9.5t motor connected and it seems that everytime after i full throttle, the green LEDs on the ESC will start blinking and stay that way even after i let go of the throttle. The motor and ESC are not hot btw. I have also turned off the turbo function on the ESC. I'm using the 211 software on the ESC and the firmware in the LCD program box is v1.07 119.

I hope anyone who uses this combo can help or give any input, short of me changing the ESC or motor. Thanks!!

Change the sensor cable it might be faulty .The green led flashing is overheat issue were you have already told us the motor is not hot so check the cable buz it out with a meter or just replace it .Hobbywing esc's are designed to work with nosram/lrp ,novak/sp and many others .
Old 05-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #5126
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Better quality products will have less incidence of failure and issues regarding servicing. Reverse voltage input protection, waterproof, thermal shutdown, dead short protection, better manuals, etc.

Before I could not race TC as I cringed at the cost of a Tekin (inspite of a great product and excellent customer service).

I would rather take a gamble and buy product, buy two of them, and not pay for the customer service. If one breaks, tough luck. But that is just my personal expectation of what I was getting into.

Today it is probably cheaper to buy a new electronic product than having it repaired (labor, parts, shipping).

Some customers want it all. But then, that might raise the selling price of Hobbywing for guys like me?

I have two Hobbywings, both going strong.

I cant agree with you more. My hobby wing products have been excellent, and Angelo, Cherry2Blost, and Micheal have been an enourmous help.

My only problem is for 1/12 scale next year... Another 120 1S, or an XtremeStock with an external Booster?

I am also currently converting a Bi-wing RC Airplane to hobbywing controllers too.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #5127
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey all...

I loaded 508 no timing onto my 120a and it does not blink in the neutral position... Is it meant to?

I have re-set the throttle points and checked that 508 is loaded

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-25-2011, 01:12 AM   #5128
CFR
Tech Regular

Will the Xtreme Stock ESC be OK in a WGT10 with 10.5BL running 1s with turbo and boost given it's 8.5BL limit?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #5129
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Many people (myself included) have run the xtreme with 10.5 and 2s with boosted software and no troubles...
Old 05-25-2011, 02:04 AM   #5130
Tech Adept

Xrayal you have got your wirers crossed. He was saying you can get 2 hobbywings for the price of 1 Speed passion so your wrong not him.

Angelo you can't honestly think we beleve all the rubbish you are coming out with about one world one dream. I don't know one racer that buys Hobbywing for mainly the service but everyone I know buys it for the price and that's it. If you want service go speak to Randy on the Tekin thread, now that is for the back up and service even out of warranty.
Are you trying to make us think you are only here to help and don't want to make money ? You don't want to devalue the name as it devalues your pocket.
Tip
Just be honest and give up with the Bob Marley one love stuff please.
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote