NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

FUnkyDunky you will kill your motor reving it like that with no load on it
Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have the 518STOCK fireware on my Xerun 120A 1S, wich I use with my TRF417.

Someone has a good set up for it ?

Speed Passion V3 10.5T
Ratio 6.36
Small and technical asphalt track
Medium grip

Thanks !
Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Hi Guys,
I know this is an approximate thing as everyone uses different batteries etc but is it possible that using 119 software with full boost and turbo on a 21.5 motor it would be topping out around 54,000 RPM unloaded?
If not can someone please give me an idea of what I should be looking at in order to get my calculations right?

Thanks
Your figure does not surprise me as I have heard of a tekintgat spun a 17.5 to 90000 before grenading...

If you halve your figure to take load into consideration 25000 would be good for a very large straight and totally possible IMO
Old 05-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xraydad
Does the hobbywing software come in a version that can operate in a Linux OS?, a friend has an older netbook that is loaded with dual boot Android/Linux, and would like to use it if poss, thanks.
Have you tried it running under Wine? I have no experience of doing so but it might work.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
....possible that using 119 software with full boost and turbo on a 21.5 motor it would be topping out around 54,000 RPM unloaded?
Likely yes, but completely meaningless, as the highlighted word explains.
Unloaded doesn't take into account aero drag, wheel slip, even the drivetrain losses are going to be different compared to loaded.
Also, your max rpm doesn't mean too much, apart from telling what your top speed is... you really want to be looking at how the rpm varies around the corners to get the boost set right... then set the turbo.

(and as syctherat and Benzhah have said, testing a motor unloaded is a sure fire way to making to stop suddenly as the rotor falls apart...)

Regards
Ed
Old 05-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Earlier today i received some news from Greg Fisher (canon) about the MuchMore Masters in sydney Australia that were run last weekend and that hobbywing took out the 1/12 title and the stock title running xtreme stock and 120 amp 1s .

Im sure Greg can give you guys more info about it .I know one of the drivers Bradd Vercoe in 1/12

congratulations Bradd

Hobbywing also holds the 2011 1/10th off road Australian title with Johs pain behind the wheel .

Congratulations to all above .
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cobra,

Andrew Sienniak took then win in 17.5 at the Muchmore Masters aswell, he also did best run time and fastest lap for a 17.5 during the event. Keefy Chui took the tq and ran third for 17.5 with Hobbywing power.

Did my first major meet with the HW in my car after running Tekin for last few years, very smooth and very easy to drive. But now have an issue car took a hit and started running like it was in spec mode. Reset car and esc and was fine. Took another bump and same thing. A couple of guys have said loose circuit board. Is there a fix? Its a Venom branded esc.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m
Cobra,

Andrew Sienniak took then win in 17.5 at the Muchmore Masters aswell, he also did best run time and fastest lap for a 17.5 during the event. Keefy Chui took the tq and ran third for 17.5 with Hobbywing power.

Did my first major meet with the HW in my car after running Tekin for last few years, very smooth and very easy to drive. But now have an issue car took a hit and started running like it was in spec mode. Reset car and esc and was fine. Took another bump and same thing. A couple of guys have said loose circuit board. Is there a fix? Its a Venom branded esc.
Ahem, I ran second.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Ahem, I ran second.
Settings please? Regards Benzaah
Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Settings please? Regards Benzaah
.. ill post again when i check correctly.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Ahem, I ran second.
Sorry Keefy.. Used keiths settings all weekend plenty of bottom and top end. Very impressed and damn doesnt it get off the line.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barts71m
Cobra,

Barts please have a look at your rx port plug that goes into your receiver this fault accurs when the rx plug is loose .please have a look at it and let me know .
Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
Likely yes, but completely meaningless, as the highlighted word explains.
Unloaded doesn't take into account aero drag, wheel slip, even the drivetrain losses are going to be different compared to loaded.
Also, your max rpm doesn't mean too much, apart from telling what your top speed is... you really want to be looking at how the rpm varies around the corners to get the boost set right... then set the turbo.

(and as syctherat and Benzhah have said, testing a motor unloaded is a sure fire way to making to stop suddenly as the rotor falls apart...)

Regards
Ed

Thanks all for your responses my question was aimed mainly to see if my telemetry was working correctly before putting on the track. I understand unloaded has no real use but at least I knew things were working right before going onto the track. For reference it was hitting 29,786RPM at the end of the straight I did try altering the gearing but this gave me the best temperature punch.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

had a good club run sunday....car performed great (even with a cracked rim)
qualified 2nd finished 1st...
ran an express motorsports duo1 17.5 standard timing set and it never got over the 60deg mark and had great speed and rip out of the corners...
here were my settings

ddrs 5
boost timing 40
turbo slope 18
turbo timing 25
start rpm 4000
turbo delay 0.1s
timing acc 300

fdr 5.7
car xray t3 with exotek chassis muchmore 32's
hobbywing xtreme stock esc. 213 stock software

might try an extra tooth next time....
Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default PRO AMPS Test experience

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my experience on PRO AMPS Lipo Batteries, 7.4v hard case for electric touring.

The RC importer i race for in my country, became hobbywing/pro amps official distributor just a month ago, and he called me ans asked me to track test this 5.500mah 60C hardcase PRO AMPS packs he imported.

In my country, national championship is raced over 8.5 "stock no timing no turbo" brushless configuration and in my local club, 5.5 unlimited programming is performed ...

So, i track tested both motor configurations on my track and ended very very happy with the results. I got 2 packs for testing and i think i ended used something like almost 10 times each pack per day, for 2 days.

The punch of this packs is very noticeable if i compare with my common-used packs (will not mention brands in order to not upset anyone), after deep usage they were always almost perfectly balanced and ended their balancing charge 100% perfect every time. One thing that ive got before with other brands are false "low level peaks" from my ESC's and now with this packs im receiving the low charge alert just perfectly in time.

Next June 12th is my next national level event and will be racing PRO AMPS batteries, i will post here the real race experience but so far in practice time im very very pleased with the results.

I switched completely from other top brand of electronics to Hobbywing ESCs, Hobbywing Motors and now PRO AMPS batteries and i think i made the right desition so far ...

Thanks Angelo for the tips on ESC programming and battery maintenance ...

cya guys in track !

Pato Concha
Chile - Southamerica

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.