NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi,.. guys,..

Currently, I am using a 10.5t stock motor with Xerun 120A V2.1.

In the xerun, 211 stock firmware is being used.
What is the diff between mod firmware & stock firmware??
Can I change the esc firmware to mod & use back the same motor??

Just being curious...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Hi,.. guys,..

Currently, I am using a 10.5t stock motor with Xerun 120A V2.1.

In the xerun, 211 stock firmware is being used.
What is the diff between mod firmware & stock firmware??
Can I change the esc firmware to mod & use back the same motor??

Just being curious...
the mod software has half the timing of the stock one according to the manual. ofcourse you can use the mod software with the 10.5 motor it'd just be slower
Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
the mod software has half the timing of the stock one according to the manual. ofcourse you can use the mod software with the 10.5 motor it'd just be slower
then... in this case,.. what kind of setting / parameter should I change in order to get a best performance using the 10.5T motor with mod firmware???

(at this stage, I only want to change the parameters in the firmware, without dialing the timing at the motor)
Old 04-28-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just received a 60a Xerun from ebay.

I bougth it as a v2.0 but I received a v2.1. there are details that make think could be a fake:

* motor & battery wires are thinner than my prevoius xerun
* Battery and motor wires are in a mixed position ( A+B-C not ABC +-)
* Serial No. sticker it's white and not chrome like before
* Comes with a different capacitor bank. Only two with transparent shrink tube

It's genuine or a fake?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prorace
I just received a 60a Xerun from ebay.

I bougth it as a v2.0 but I received a v2.1. there are details that make think could be a fake:

* motor & battery wires are thinner than my prevoius xerun
* Battery and motor wires are in a mixed position ( A+B-C not ABC +-)
* Serial No. sticker it's white and not chrome like before
* Comes with a different capacitor bank. Only two with transparent shrink tube

It's genuine or a fake?
It's genuine, I have a v2.1 and it's like that.

As far as I know only the Ezrun system has been copied, the Xeruns are all fine.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello everyone I have a quick question, my setup is a Xtreme Stock 60a running firmware 211 in a rock crawler with a three cell lipo. I use the esc in forward/reverse mode, my problem is there is not a smooth transition between forward and reverse unless the trigger is moved very slowly, its almost like there's a slight time delay when the neutral zone is hit and then it jumps right to six percent throttle in reverse. Could this be solved by possibly having a smaller neutral zone than 6%? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daleburr
It's genuine, I have a v2.1 and it's like that.

As far as I know only the Ezrun system has been copied, the Xeruns are all fine.
Thanks for your fast reply!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I understand turbo comes after boost. But not sure what the difference is.

Why not just set boost = 64?

Or Boost 0 and Turbo 64?

Trying to understand the performance difference.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
@Angelo is that temperature cutoff of 95C measured on the outside of the can or inside where the rotor is?

I ran the xerun 10.5t motor with a xerun 120v2.1 in my 235mm pancar last monday during the easter race and it worked flawlessly. It was quite warm weather, roughly 25-28 C or something.

I run punch at 1 or 2 and with 8000-10.000 start and low to normal settings it has lots of grunt down below and lots of top speed on the straight when turbo engages. With roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of other brands motors it is really an amazing motor. After 7 minutes of hot racing action i had roughly 62-65 degree C on the can. After 5 minutes or so in the race it felt a little flatter then before but that could also be the lipo's that have less voltage to work with.

The sensor screws that backed out previously hold up this time. No problems anymore with a loose sensorboard.

Even though it has fixed timing (something i was a little dissapointed by at first), I must admit now that the xerun is a very nice and well build motor. I also like the fact that the motor wires are solderd on gold plugs so it is easy to remove the motor without desoldering the motor wires. (Just found out that they were gold plugs 2 weeks ago when one plug got a little loose )

Would you mind using Cherry2Blost's setup sheet and posting your Pro10 setup his HW Setup forum? i am trying to download as many HW setups sheets I can for the various types of cars.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Guys,

Or Boost 0 and Turbo 64?

Thanks in advance.
With the newer FW's, you can do exactly what you are saying. I personnally like to run alot of boost (50), and just a small amount of turbo (14). I have configured the boost to come in fairly slowly, so it makes for a smooth power curve. I dont like the "2nd gear" effect of turbo, as I seems to kick in at the wronge time on the infield if I am not carefull.

As for running all turbo? You could, but i dont think it would be that effective, your track would have to have a super technical infield (where torque is important), and then a massive long straight for the turbo to be of any use.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Hi All.
I may wan to know how high speed my sakura zero can do?i mean the Max MPH around?
i runnninng hobby wing ver 2.1 120A.211S firmware
Xerun 10.5T Sensor Motor

FDR 7.26
TUrbo kick 3K RPM

i just wan to know how fast the top speed i can get?i feel the car is very fast at the end.like rev no tomorow
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Guys,

Or Boost 0 and Turbo 64?

Thanks in advance.
it is better to run boost and some turbo thats the way alot do it .The software is designed that way it is more efficient to run more boost than turbo.

Last edited by COBRARACING; 04-29-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

We are in the process of introducing an exchange program for your faulty/non warranty esc's .

The idea has been around for a very long time with others in the industry but also in other industries like Apple etc But someone from this forum from the uk woke me up to it with the lenght of turnaround time it takes for a customer to send there esc to china for repair and then time taken for the repair and then the time taken for sending back to customer .

so what we will put together is the following

Non warranty esc's even in a warranty period that are not a factory defect we will await for the product to be sent back to us depending on the extent of the repair we will repair it or we will offer a replacement esc at a special exchange price .So we will try and cut the turnaround time from 6- 8 weeks at present to 2.5 weeks max .

Ill give you guys more details when im back from Asia .
Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

i know that this has been answered before but i just cant find it..

the xtreme stock esc has a motorlimit at 8.5t, but if you change the firmware to a non turbo/boost you can run it with a 5.5t

is this correct? i need another esc and ofcourse the only brand im looking at is hobbywing, but not sure if i should buy the regular xerun 60a or a xtreme stock

will be running 13.5t, but might run down to 6.5 (non boost on both, just need a small esc)
Old 04-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
i know that this has been answered before but i just cant find it..

the xtreme stock esc has a motorlimit at 8.5t, but if you change the firmware to a non turbo/boost you can run it with a 5.5t

is this correct? i need another esc and ofcourse the only brand im looking at is hobbywing, but not sure if i should buy the regular xerun 60a or a xtreme stock

will be running 13.5t, but might run down to 6.5 (non boost on both, just need a small esc)
yes you are correct 8.5T with turbo boosting 5.5T without any turbo boost .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.