Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys, just a quick question can i run my xtreme stock esc with a 1cell lipo ?? looking to move over to 12th scale pan and didn't want to change esc if i don't have too

thanx
Old 04-27-2011, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by morgy
Hi Guys, just a quick question can i run my xtreme stock esc with a 1cell lipo ?? looking to move over to 12th scale pan and didn't want to change esc if i don't have too

thanx
yes you can but you will need an external booster/rx pack
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
hey cobra, you know they don't understand the bureucracy involved, says alot about the dealer and manufacturer too.
Dude believe me when i tell you Hobbywing is a very honest company coming out of china jack zhang takes situations like copyright very seriously believe me when i tell you this .

I tried him out years ago when i asked him about servo's about making some servos and to be honest he lost more 150k hiring an engineer to design servos then to get one and copy it .he hit the roof when asked to copy someone else's .Jack and the hobbywing team dont play games with copyrights and copied products .
Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by morgy
just a quick question can i run my xtreme stock esc with a 1cell lipo ??
Posted on a UK forum

You need to put the red wire from the booser receiver lead plug and put it into the esc receiver lead (remove the red lead from the esc receiver lead and insulate as it is not needed). Now plug the modified ESC receiver lead plug into the programming box, switch on both switches and it works. I have been using this set-up for a year! You will need to plug the booster receiver lead plug with the one black lead in it into the receiver for racing as well as the modified esc lead.

In the pic you can see the Hobbywing Xtreme Stock and RC Dynamics booster. The rx lead from the esc has the red lead removed and tiewraped out of the way. The booster rx plug has the red lead removed and inserted into the esc rx plug. Both the booster and esc plug need to be in the receiver and both units need turning on to be able to drive the model. To use the programming box the modified esc rx plug needs to be used in the programmer like normal but both switches must be turned on.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Angelo, or anyone else who may know!
Can you tell me the temperature at which the 120/60a v2.1 thermal cut off is set?
Thanks
Old 04-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

is the motor temp is depends on firmware, rather than esc itself...? concern on the new design esc what are the improvement...?
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by getpip
Angelo, or anyone else who may know!
Can you tell me the temperature at which the 120/60a v2.1 thermal cut off is set?
Thanks
95 degree c .use to be 75 degree on older version software .
Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default countrefiete Escs

I recently bought a HW esc from this ebay seller,ive emailed him and this is his reply.So looks like he is selling copies ,so buyers beware.
I must say it is identical to other one i have and works perfectly.Packaging and every thing looks good.

Hello,
Thank you for your reply ,
I am sorry for your question ,
It is because we have not sell genuine HW escs .

-EBAY SELLER shiptou2010

To: shiptou2010
Subject:XERUN Blue Brushless 120A ESC (1S Lipo Supported)

It has been suggested on a Usa web site you are not selling genuine HW escs they are copies is this correct I was planning to buy another but im in doubt now.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Would any problems arise if I had a y harness coming out of the esc, one into the receiver and one for when I want to program the esc with the setting card? I'm worried something might go wrong when I connect the esc to the lcd card and the esc powering the receiver at the same time.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

@Angelo is that temperature cutoff of 95C measured on the outside of the can or inside where the rotor is?

I ran the xerun 10.5t motor with a xerun 120v2.1 in my 235mm pancar last monday during the easter race and it worked flawlessly. It was quite warm weather, roughly 25-28 C or something.

I run punch at 1 or 2 and with 8000-10.000 start and low to normal settings it has lots of grunt down below and lots of top speed on the straight when turbo engages. With roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of other brands motors it is really an amazing motor. After 7 minutes of hot racing action i had roughly 62-65 degree C on the can. After 5 minutes or so in the race it felt a little flatter then before but that could also be the lipo's that have less voltage to work with.

The sensor screws that backed out previously hold up this time. No problems anymore with a loose sensorboard.

Even though it has fixed timing (something i was a little dissapointed by at first), I must admit now that the xerun is a very nice and well build motor. I also like the fact that the motor wires are solderd on gold plugs so it is easy to remove the motor without desoldering the motor wires. (Just found out that they were gold plugs 2 weeks ago when one plug got a little loose )
Old 04-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by defcone
Would any problems arise if I had a y harness coming out of the esc, one into the receiver and one for when I want to program the esc with the setting card? I'm worried something might go wrong when I connect the esc to the lcd card and the esc powering the receiver at the same time.
As long there is 1 power source only i cannot see a problem with a y harness .if you use the pc power and the esc power source at the same time then you will kill the bec and the factory program which means the esc will have to go back to factory to restore the factory settings.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
As long there is 1 power source only i cannot see a problem with a y harness .if you use the pc power and the esc power source at the same time then you will kill the bec and the factory program which means the esc will have to go back to factory to restore the factory settings.
But I thought the lcd card when plugged into the pc doesnt give power to the esc? You still had to use your battery.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello,

anyone has a good setup for a 10.5 sp motor?
This is for a very fast track. With a 60m straight line.
thx.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CFR
Posted on a UK forum

cool thanx for the info
Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stofke
Hello,

anyone has a good setup for a 10.5 sp motor?
This is for a very fast track. With a 60m straight line.
thx.
Settings for Moto Arena in the UK (50m straight):

SP v3 10.5
Max endbell timing
FDR 7.30

FW211
DRRS - 9
Boost - 44
Boost Start - 9000RPM
Boost Ramp - 200RPM/deg
Turbo - 20
Turbo Ramp - 12/0.1s
Turbo Delay - 0.2s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.