Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
i dont think HW will release the rpm log irgo... have u test 213, anything to share...?
yes they will. i get this from hw it self, is the next one come up.
i just being polite through this thread and wise Angelo.

warming up. HW Fanatics
Old 04-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

If you want to be polite, just shut up pls. Let HW release the FW when its ready so you don't have to complaint about any bug as you have always been doing.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by irgo

warming up. HW Fanatics
++++++++++like your opinion
Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
probably HW could provide different boost rates by setting rpm limits, lets say

Boost start @ 2000rpm, then
350rpm/deg end@14krpm (meaning 350rpm/deg between 2krp~14krpm)
250rpm/deg end@28krpm (meaning 250rpm/deg between 14krpm~28krpm)

Sorry I only run HW and I don't know if something like this exists out there already

Why not have the motor run like a clock? Then basically the number of turns don't matter anymore? sorry f I don't make sense, but if we can have escs work like a processor, then we will be moving onto stepper motors in the future?

Just a friday rant haha
A brushless motor, is a stepper motor. They are the same in concept, and function exactly the same.

I do like the multiple boost ramp idea though, but it would probably add more complexity, with little performance gain.

Shawn.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dameetz
If you want to be polite, just shut up pls. Let HW release the FW when its ready so you don't have to complaint about any bug as you have always been doing.
+1
Old 04-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
A brushless motor, is a stepper motor. They are the same in concept, and function exactly the same.
initially i thought of that, but wondered why is the speed proportional to the voltage supplied. If the motor speed is manipulated via frequency, then we can actually have the rotor spin at any rpm (winds don't matter that much now) at any voltage, the only losses are torque.

Engineers, kindly enlighten me
Old 04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
initially i thought of that, but wondered why is the speed proportional to the voltage supplied. If the motor speed is manipulated via frequency, then we can actually have the rotor spin at any rpm (winds don't matter that much now) at any voltage, the only losses are torque.

Engineers, kindly enlighten me
i think no matter what the esc does the motor speed is till governed by the voltage,the fets in a esc are nothing more than gates that switch the power on and off. no matter what its called boost and turbo is just manipulating timing (if im wrong on that some one please correct me).
so the rpm is still governed by the motor kv and voltage applied.
esc,s have to be made to run various motors.even from different manufacturers,i think they only way to do what you are saying would be a esc matched specifically to a motor, but i dont think switching the fets faster would do any thing. better would be 6-8 pole motors with high kv
or better yet a motor that can switch from Wye to delta wind (cant see that working either as motor would need both windings making the motor much larger)
Old 04-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have a question that maybe off topic, but I need help with a hobbywing esc.

I recently purchased a Hobbywing ezrun 18amp 1/18th scale speedo, and cannot get it to go into calibration mode to set up my transmitter.
I'm using a Aitronics M-11 w/ sektrum module and rx.

Instructions say to hook up the speedo to the motor,battery and rx, turn on the transmitter, press and hold the set button and turn on the esc switch, red light should begin to flash. red light just comes on, never flashes even if held for 5 minutes. red light stays lit solid whether set button is held while powering up or after power up. red light is lit solid if speedo is just turned on, obviously never going into calibration mode. followed the instructions as far a tx setup, throttle channel reversed, abs disabled. tried throttle reversed or normal, motor disconnected and connected. tried powering rx with rx battery pack and no drive battery. cannot get this speedo to calibrate. any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

You obviouslly have the button down before you turn on then let go as soon as it's on yeah ? Not after it's turned on mate. Just being sure as this got me at first.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

What does it mean, when throttle is applied and all the lights start flashing?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi steve, Is this an extreme stock?, if so , I believe it is a sensor reading problem, have you changed the lead?. What colour lights are actually flashing?.

All the lights flashing is a jackpot, have you checked for coins under the car? - sorry Steve - couldn't resist that one.
See you later,
Phil
Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default blinky mode

The Uk has just changed to blinky mode for the 2011 2012 season. Looking for advice how to set Esc for 1s blinky mode.Running in a 1/12th pan car.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xraydad
All the lights flashing is a jackpot, have you checked for coins under the car? - sorry Steve - couldn't resist that one.
See you later,
Phil
About time this hobby gave me something back in return...

It seems slightly confused, and a bit early for Christmas firmware, as it flashes with red/green/yellow like a christamas tree, all at the same time.

It's a 120amp 2.1..... changed the lead, still the same, maybe the sensor board on the motor has had enough, fortunatly it's modified, so doesn't seem to be causing any trouble to the throttle, maybe i'll just lose my 10 degree of turbo on the 4.5.

Catch you soon.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo

warming up. HW Fanatics
There will be no rpm log as yet irgo and please stop sending emails to michael all the time he has alot of work on at the moment and he doesnt need to be bombarded with emails from you or anyone else for that matter .

when he is ready he will release data logging software .

And as for being polite on this thread well if your not we will just kick you out of the forum it is very simple so its your choice.This will be the second time first with speed passion and now will be with hobywing .so its up to you .

regards Angelo
Old 04-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
The Uk has just changed to blinky mode for the 2011 2012 season. Looking for advice how to set Esc for 1s blinky mode.Running in a 1/12th pan car.

I am assuming you have a 120A 1S ESC. Connect it to the 2in1 LCD Box, upload the 508 FW to your ESC. Make sure you have a 2S battery connected when transfering though!. Once the ESC has 508, turn off the ESC, disconnect from computer, and turn on the ESC. Disable Low Voltage cut off. Once that has been done, hook up the 1S battery and you are good to go.

If you dont use a 2S battey, as soon as you are done uploading the firmware, the ESC will freeze up, and give you incorrect voltage error.

Shawn.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.