R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #4681
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
forget the firmware, we want the software developer kits!
Ha!....
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #4682
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
after a lot of consideration i ordered a HW xtreme stock esc they other day.
so the last few days i have been slowly going threw this whole thread.
i have noticed you give NO helpful advice,only extreme criticism.
this is cobraracings thread he started so it is up to him if he wants to discuss batteries or any thing else.
what is irrelevant is the constant BS trolls like yourself fill threads like this with.
please go some were else so people here who want to ask questions can receive replies and not have to put up with your constant negative posts.
+1
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 AM   #4683
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please check my post in the HW Settings thread, (link below) with my settings used and the problems I had running my brand new Xerun 60A Ver2.1 on the track this past saturday.

I have the another Xerun 60A Ver2.1
ESC in my 10.5 car with a HW motor and it runs perfectly.

On a side note...
I am thinking it might be the morotr, as it is a pretty old and tired Team Wave 13.5 motor, so possibly it is causing the problem.
I have a brand new Novak Ballistic 13.5 motor to try, and was wondering what settings I should change on my ESC to allow for the higher internal timing of the Novak motor.
My current settings for the TW motor are in the link below.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8942483-post82.html

Thx for looking.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #4684
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Well i have given Chris the opertunity to do it it's up to him now .
I have given the lipos a good extensive test throughout the winter, and had some positive feedback from the drivers, I have also asked you 3 times for the relevent paperwork so I can submit one to the Brca for approval and also sent you a copy of the form from the Brca and you do not repspond to my emails, I am willing to send one to the Brca at my expense because you do not get it returned but I need the paperwork. It is a good product I have people waiting to buy them but they are no good in the UK or USA without Brca and Roar approval for National and Regional events.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #4685
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Please check my post in the HW Settings thread, (link below) with my settings used and the problems I had running my brand new Xerun 60A Ver2.1 on the track this past saturday.

On a side note...
I am thinking it might be the morotr, as it is a pretty old and tired Team Wave 13.5 motor, so possibly it is causing the problem.
I have a brand new Novak Ballistic 13.5 motor to try, and was wondering what settings I should change on my ESC to allow for the higher internal timing of the Novak motor.

Thx for looking.
WHat I have been doing is keeping the timing in the speedo at there higher limits (50 boost, 14 turbo) and using the end bell timing to control the heat. I start at 15deg (3 notches to the negative from the N on the ballistic motors), then slowly turn up the timing on the end bell for more power. Keep an eye on your temps though.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 AM   #4686
Tech Adept

8 Jan 2011 / post 2118 / pg 142

Quote:
Hi guys just a little tease Hobbywing is working on something new its is an esc and will be a must have item when released but thats all i can say for now ...
27 Mar 2011 / post 4388 / pg 293

Quote:
ok Guys Yes there is a V3 esc which is in design phase and expected time of release will be Sep maybe later 2011. All i can say is i do have photos of the unit but cannot post .

features will be

New method of programming so we dont violate patents.
We will delete the external switch and have the switch built into the esc.
The led's will be on the top surface area of the esc near the switch so you can see the errors when they occur.
Smaller footprint
Positive and Negative wiring will be together so you dont get tangle with the motor phases and more ...

30 Mar 2011 / post 4496 / pg 300

Quote:
Ok guys some news we do have a new programming method and a new esc.

One will be our new 3 pin connector not associated with the rx port which will benefit you guys and not have to remove it from the receiver.
The other is a miniture blue tooth interface small enough to fit in you car (will be an option (smart phone applications will be available) The lcd 2 in 1 will have a bluetooth interface to work with the car module.

The reason why we cannot build into the esc as the size will be big for the esc and because of noise as esc's do have high currents even on idle which would cause the esc to go offline all the time. The 1/8th scale esc because of it's massive size we will probably have the blue tooth built in but we need to see after testing if it will work.
The bluetooth unit will be very small the size of a fail safe unit. You will still have the option of direct plug in through the new connector direct to the 2 in 1 programmer ...

Cheers Angelo ...

pssst ... i know you have the pictures for the new esc, can you send it to me ... promise will not show anyone else or post it anywhere ...

Last edited by chinaman; 04-11-2011 at 09:20 AM.
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 AM   #4687
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i need help.....i cant get my esc to connect to the lcd program box???? just hangs on connecting esc....tried to update and now its like this

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #4688
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post

On a side note...

Thx for looking.
Hi Sean

because of the extra build in timing in the novak balistic compared to that team wave, I would personally set the boost to say +-30 deg to start with turbo at 15-18 deg and then take some practice runs checking motor temps at 2 min intervals, if the motor is still cool, then bump up the boost 2-3 deg and retest, keeping in mind the ambient air temp as that will affect the motors temp on race days

hope this helps
Old 04-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #4689
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
i need help.....i cant get my esc to connect to the lcd program box???? just hangs on connecting esc....tried to update and now its like this
Wen u plug the program box to the speedo and turn it on wen it comes up
Connecting click ok on the program box then u will b able to change
The settings on the speedo
Old 04-11-2011, 05:46 AM   #4690
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
Wen u plug the program box to the speedo and turn it on wen it comes up
Connecting click ok on the program box then u will b able to change
The settings on the speedo
tried that all ....ive been using hobbywing for a year now....all i have is both solid green and red led and nothing else

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★

Last edited by blade072; 04-11-2011 at 06:25 AM.
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #4691
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok, now i am confused... I have read and re read this and the ESC setting threads and the more i read the less i understand it.. LOL

sorry for the noobness

My situation...

I have just bought a V2.1 120A Esc and the 2 in 1 Controller.

Firstly, is the firmware? Is it already on the programmer or esc? If not how do i get it there? I have downloaded the USB Link V1.63. I believe i want the V211 firmware in the esc and 110119 in the programmer? Is there and absolute idiot guide to getting these on there?

If i was to run a 17.5T BL on a fast flowing asphalt track what firmware do i need.. and roughly where would i start with the settings? And most importantly the FDR?

I am just after a base setting so i can adjust one thing at a time to get a feel for it.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #4692
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangas View Post

I have just bought a V2.1 120A Esc and the 2 in 1 Controller.

Firstly, is the firmware? Is it already on the programmer or esc? If not how do i get it there? I have downloaded the USB Link V1.63. I believe i want the V211 firmware in the esc and 110119 in the programmer? Is there and absolute idiot guide to getting these on there?

Go into your software in your PC, update your 2 in 1, by selecting 2 in 1 under the Device tab at the top. After updating your software version of your 2 in 1 should show V1.07_110119.

Then connect your esc to your 2 in 1. Select ESC under Device, under Software tab, go to drop down under Choice Version, you should see V3.0_110211STOCK. Select then click upgrade.

The pdf guide has recommendations for your motor turns, start from there ...
hope this helps ...

Last edited by chinaman; 04-11-2011 at 07:43 AM.
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #4693
Tech Adept

what is the differences on thde track between 119 and 211 software more speed torque etc?

Thanks

Ricky
prodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #4694
Tech Adept

Default 224 - is it the best software or am i going mad

I've tried both 211 and 224, and find that 224 has more oomph - are others finding the same - or am i going mad?
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #4695
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohan View Post
I've tried both 211 and 224, and find that 224 has more oomph - are others finding the same - or am i going mad?
224 has more total timing available than any of the other firmware. If you're running in a class where a lot of timing is needed, you may well find this to be the best firmware.

Almost all of the setups posted for 119/211 are using maximum timing (as do all of my setups). To me this means not enough timing is available; the upper limit should be what my motor can take, not what the firmware allows. The maximum setting should basically turn the entire car into liquid metal and make small children cry.

I think Hobbywing bottled it. They released 224, a couple of idiots cranked it up to max without checking motor temp and blew their motors, so Hobbywing withdrew it and calmed it down for 119 to avoid the complaints.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote