R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #4666
Tech Fanatic
 
ozzy-crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forde A.C.T
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default another setup advice post

hi guys
have a HW xtreme stock on the way looking for a starting point if possible.
will be running a 10.5 lrp x12 on 2s in a 1/10 pan car. track is large out door low-medium grip,long straights but also some tight in field.
i need it to be very smooth down low with decent mid range and a good top end.
any advice much appreciated

ozzy
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #4667
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl View Post
hi guys
have a HW xtreme stock on the way looking for a starting point if possible.
will be running a 10.5 lrp x12 on 2s in a 1/10 pan car. track is large out door low-medium grip,long straights but also some tight in field.
i need it to be very smooth down low with decent mid range and a good top end.
any advice much appreciated

ozzy
Start at 40mm rollout. Boost 20, Turbo 20, 500RPm/Unit, 24deg/.1 turbo ramp, FW 211, Turbo delay .1, RPM 5000 start, DDRS 6.

Its purposely on the conservative side, so you can step up the power while monitoring your temps.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #4668
Tech Fanatic
 
ozzy-crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forde A.C.T
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

thanks shawn that's exactly what i needed a conservative starting point.
this is my first esc with boost/turbo
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #4669
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Angelo i could not wait for rpm log esc firmware?
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #4670
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2 in 1 program box

Could someone please confirm for me if the latest settings on the program box are the latest

USB link v1.63
Hw310 v1.0 (hardware version)
V1.07_110119 (software version)
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #4671
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default lipo advice - urgent

Just getting back to the lipo discussion's that went on earlier in the thread.

Is all forms of "swelling" bad or is there a tolerance? I've got an IP that looks like a bit of a balloon, well I estimate about 3mm swell so I am about to put that in the bucket of salty water.

The second is a Yeah Racing one and this swell is more like a 0.5mm swell. It also doesn't feel soft at all like the IP does, infact it still feels solid. Is that normal or is that going to have to take a swim as well?

Thanks
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #4672
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 93
Default

Please continue any further discussion about LIPO in the radio and electronics section of the forum!
It does not belong in this thread.
snabbgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:14 AM   #4673
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snabbgas View Post
Please continue any further discussion about LIPO in the radio and electronics section of the forum!
It does not belong in this thread.

Sorry snabbgas he is a hobbywing customer and he has the right to ask any question he pleases .please if you dont like his question please dont answer the gentlemen at all im sure that is fair .This forum is for anyone who wants to ask questions as the question might lead to an answer to why he has these problem's may it be batterys,esc's or radios .Dont just cut the guy off.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #4674
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Just getting back to the lipo discussion's that went on earlier in the thread.

Is all forms of "swelling" bad or is there a tolerance? I've got an IP that looks like a bit of a balloon, well I estimate about 3mm swell so I am about to put that in the bucket of salty water.

The second is a Yeah Racing one and this swell is more like a 0.5mm swell. It also doesn't feel soft at all like the IP does, infact it still feels solid. Is that normal or is that going to have to take a swim as well?

Thanks
If they are swelled even slightly i wouldnt use them as they will only get worse .Ditch them i say .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #4675
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Could someone please confirm for me if the latest settings on the program box are the latest

USB link v1.63
Hw310 v1.0 (hardware version)
V1.07_110119 (software version)
211 is the latest software version .i can send it to you just send me an email to teamcobraracing@gmail.com
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #4676
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
Angelo i could not wait for rpm log esc firmware?
Irgo i just dont have any news for you at the moment .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #4677
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Sorry snabbgas he is a hobbywing customer and he has the right to ask any question he pleases .please if you dont like his question please dont answer the gentlemen at all im sure that is fair .This forum is for anyone who wants to ask questions as the question might lead to an answer to why he has these problem's may it be batterys,esc's or radios .Dont just cut the guy off.

I understand very well that you want to push your brand of batteries in this thread due to the large amount of viewers but,
Hobbywing does not even manufacture Lipo batteries and it pollutes the thread with irrellevant information not concerning Hobbywing Esc:s and its firmwares.

There is a section called Radio and Electronics where Lipo discussions belong.
Please continue Lipo discussion in that area.

Please provide some new information on the upcoming Esc instead and what smartphone capabilities it will have! Platforms supported? iOs? Android? What will you be able to do?
snabbgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #4678
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

forget the firmware, we want the software developer kits!
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:04 AM   #4679
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Lipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
If they are swelled even slightly i wouldnt use them as they will only get worse .Ditch them i say .
That's what I thought just needed some confirmation.

My apologies for not posting in the correct thread I wasn't aware of this alternative thread. But thanks for replying.

As for the software I mentioned that was for the program box. My esc has 211 loaded. I just wasn't sure about the program box software. I will email you nonetheless to make sure.
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #4680
Tech Fanatic
 
ozzy-crawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Forde A.C.T
Posts: 990
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snabbgas View Post
I understand very well that you want to push your brand of batteries in this thread due to the large amount of viewers but,
Hobbywing does not even manufacture Lipo batteries and it pollutes the thread with irrellevant information not concerning Hobbywing Esc:s and its firmwares.

There is a section called Radio and Electronics where Lipo discussions belong.
Please continue Lipo discussion in that area.

Please provide some new information on the upcoming Esc instead and what smartphone capabilities it will have! Platforms supported? iOs? Android? What will you be able to do?
after a lot of consideration i ordered a HW xtreme stock esc they other day.
so the last few days i have been slowly going threw this whole thread.
i have noticed you give NO helpful advice,only extreme criticism.
this is cobraracings thread he started so it is up to him if he wants to discuss batteries or any thing else.
what is irrelevant is the constant BS trolls like yourself fill threads like this with.
please go some were else so people here who want to ask questions can receive replies and not have to put up with your constant negative posts.
ozzy-crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net