R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #4516
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
You can already store 3 different settings in the box, I'll show you how at the next meeting Mark.
wow i didnt no u can do that , is it in the mode settings ??
Old 03-31-2011, 02:20 AM   #4517
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes View Post
You can already store 3 different settings in the box, I'll show you how at the next meeting Mark.
Are they stored in the box, or in the ESC?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:33 AM   #4518
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
You can patent almost anything.

Wheelmonitor Inc, in Ontario canada, patented the communications over a copper wire using digital technology.

The peanut butter sandwich is also patented.

And the blue tooth, although a novel idea, may not be defendable. A patent is only as good as the last time it was in court.
No you can't patent everything, only the first that comes with an idea can patent it.
Every next invention based on the same idea, can be "patented" as an inventive step, but only if it really is.
Bluetooth technology already exists, so it might very well be that HW will not get a patent on it, because it's obvious you can also use it for programming an ESC, you can hardly call that an inventive step.
Unless ofcourse they really have something new.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #4519
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon
Default new to hobbywing

hi guys,
i am new to the hobbywing esc's and got myself a xerun 120A. could you help me out in which is the newest software and a good esc setup for a LRP X11 13.5T motor?! it will be used on a large outdoor track with an approx. 60m straight and TC on rubber tires. any ideas? also how does the esc compare to the sxx v2 on its newest software and the tekins, gm's .....

thanks for the help guys
cheers
v
Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #4520
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
No you can't patent everything, only the first that comes with an idea can patent it.
Every next invention based on the same idea, can be "patented" as an inventive step, but only if it really is.
Bluetooth technology already exists, so it might very well be that HW will not get a patent on it, because it's obvious you can also use it for programming an ESC, you can hardly call that an inventive step.
Unless ofcourse they really have something new.
Believe me i know patents as i hold a few in the tyre business for 1/8th scale buggy .You cannot patent an idea that is for sure it has to be a prototype,your packaging has to be labelled patent pending .You can also patent a method of work (doing something ) but as for an idea no you cant patent as it means nothing .Also a patent must be explained how it works in a very indepth explanation.

Yes you can patent the bluetooth technology for programming an esc as your patenting a method thats exactly what castle creations did with the rx port .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:28 AM   #4521
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Retired really ? I suggest you get your ass back here as you have knowledge and you are an asset to this thread .

Your setup sheets ,your videos and many more .

NOW GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE NOW STUART .DO YOU HEAR ME .
+1

Quote:
Ok guys

some news we do have a new programming method and a new esc .

one will be our new 3 pin connector not associated with the rx port which will benefit you guys and not have to remove it from the receiver.

The other is a miniture blue tooth interface small enough to fit in you car (will be an option (smart phone applications will be available)
The lcd 2 in 1 will have a bluetooth interface to work with the car module.

The reson why we cannot build into the esc as the size will be big for the esc and because of noise as esc's do have high currents even on idle which would cause the esc to go offline all the time .The 1/8th scale esc because of it's massive size we will probably have the blue tooth built in but we need to see after testing if it will work .

The bluetooth unit will be very small the size of a fail safe unit .You will still have the option of direct plug in through the new connector direct to the 2 in 1 programmer .

so as you can see we are moving forward .All this will have patents attached to protect michael's and the teams hard work .

keep you all informed .this is probably going to be available late sep 2011 first prototype end of july .
Sorry for this question, i havent had anything to do with bluetooth before.
Running the bluetooth option will mean that a driver can adjust the ESC settings from the drivers stand while his car is in the pits? if this is correct, that would be AWESOME! Especially when a day of pratice at a track is hard to get. This would be awesome!
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 AM   #4522
Tech Master

Quote:
Yes you can patent the bluetooth technology for programming an esc as your patenting a method thats exactly what castle creations did with the rx port .
Angelo,

If you don't mind.
It still puzzles me and a lot of rc racers why the problem was with the HW products specific and not f.i. SP or any other brand which uses the rx for programming.

Kind regards,
Pizza
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 AM   #4523
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
hi guys,
i am new to the hobbywing esc's and got myself a xerun 120A. could you help me out in which is the newest software and a good esc setup for a LRP X11 13.5T motor?! it will be used on a large outdoor track with an approx. 60m straight and TC on rubber tires. any ideas? also how does the esc compare to the sxx v2 on its newest software and the tekins, gm's .....

thanks for the help guys
cheers
v
Linky -----> Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
+1

Sorry for this question, i havent had anything to do with bluetooth before.
Running the bluetooth option will mean that a driver can adjust the ESC settings from the drivers stand while his car is in the pits? if this is correct, that would be AWESOME! Especially when a day of pratice at a track is hard to get. This would be awesome!
I have had this conversation with the governing body in the UK already, and it is against the rules to have 'on the fly' remote adjustments, likewise you cannot use wireless telemetry in Racing situations, can use a 'dumb' recorder but no on the fly stuff.

Just to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
Angelo,

If you don't mind.
It still puzzles me and a lot of rc racers why the problem was with the HW products specific and not f.i. SP or any other brand which uses the rx for programming.

Kind regards,
Pizza
Because HW is one of the largest ESC manufacturers in the World and Patent Trolls always go for what they perceive to be the biggest payday.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:20 AM   #4524
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Angelo,

If you don't mind.

Kind regards,
Pizza
More likely that the other company involved is scared of the possibility of HW getting a good foothold in the USA market with their better pricing
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 AM   #4525
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
More likely that the other company involved is scared of the possibility of HW getting a good foothold in the USA market with their better pricing
Still, how is it others are allowed/condoned as HW not.
That's kinda discrimnatory. Is that legal???
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 AM   #4526
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Still, how is it others are allowed/condoned as HW not.
That's kinda discrimnatory. Is that legal???
Look at HW pricing . They pose a bigger threat than other companies
Old 03-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #4527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

[QUOTE=cherry2blost;8891337]Linky -----> Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY

I have had this conversation with the governing body in the UK already, and it is against the rules to have 'on the fly' remote adjustments, likewise you cannot use wireless telemetry in Racing situations, can use a 'dumb' recorder but no on the fly stuff.

Just to clarify.

QUOTE]

Hey Cherry, yeah im sure we have rules to that effect here in Oz, but it would be awesome during practice sessions when you havent got much time. Funny though how radios can have on the fly adjustments, even if they are only minor (i dont mean steering trim)
On the other hand, nitro racers can have pit guys who can adjust their engines tune quickly during a pitstop.....

The use of Bluetooth adjustment could be controlled during racing. Once practice has stopped and the event/racing at club has started, the bluetooth device must be removed from the vehicle. if the car is found with it during scrutineering then a DQ could apply. That would be the easiest way to govern it.

Last edited by crazydave; 03-31-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: more text
crazydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 AM   #4528
Tech Rookie

Default program

first of all I hope you understand my English because it is not too good.
I like that I recommend which program is best for stock 10.5 t I am using the 224, although I have told colleagues that the 518 was better.
Also a configuration for that goes well, the speedo is xerum120 and the motor a PRT 10.5 T, the chassis a BD5 Yokomo

Greetings
stuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:48 AM   #4529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

awesome!
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #4530
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes i do but i will not tread on tekins toes as they have the wording and the technology to .
Actually, it's not novel to Tekin... MRT had it on there old MX Pro speedos back in the 27t brushed days. Basically kept a little bit of throttle on at neutral, to counteract the natural drag brake of brushed motors..

(thats twice in a week I've mentioned 27t brushed... what's wrong with me!)