R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #4411
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Shawn the 2 in 1 programmer is what made Hobbywing and it will not be going anywhere anyday soon thats for sure .The ones who want to use the RPM LOG they can bring there laptops to the track but the 2 in 1 is here to stay that i guarantee you .

I know Spectrum brought out the telemerty system and to be honest over at the world titles in Thailand 1/8th off road not one person was using it plus at the titc i also didnt see anyone using any telemetry system but actually were only using the internet lol.

I am going to hold you to this Angelo.

I have seen the telemetry system from spektrum being used, but it was the older system which was an add-on to the original radios. I believe it was designed to be pluged into the top of the M11 radio, when running a spektrum Pro module. (It went into where the antenna should have been).
But, it wasnt the driver using it, it was the pit guy watching it, and when the car came into the pits he tuned the carb using the temperature. Smart idea for Nitro racing.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #4412
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
posting this here as this thread is more active.

Weird Problem!

However, if I unplug my transponder from the ESC, then power comes back to the servo and I get drive again. If I plug the transponder back in, then the power to the receiver stops :S!

I am thinking its not a ESC issue but a transponder issue having a short, causing the voltage to drop. I recommend trying someone elses transponder in your car, and if the problem doesnt happen, then sent the transponder away for repair.

Also, take your RX'er apart, and look at the back of the PCB where the pins are, make sure the solder is good, and there is no debre in the receiver. I had a similar problem with my nitro car until I cleaned out the RX'er.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #4413
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
I am going to hold you to this Angelo.

I have seen the telemetry system from spektrum being used, but it was the older system which was an add-on to the original radios. I believe it was designed to be pluged into the top of the M11 radio, when running a spektrum Pro module. (It went into where the antenna should have been).
But, it wasnt the driver using it, it was the pit guy watching it, and when the car came into the pits he tuned the carb using the temperature. Smart idea for Nitro racing.

Shawn.
Believe me like the Dont mees with the Zohan says the 2 in 1 is here to stay shawn .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #4414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
Well... a pleasant surprise this morning!

I learned by a local Greek rc news site that there is a www.hobbywing.eu active, and already has some ESC's on site. the prices are VERY good too!

It was something that was long missing!

I *think* the EU site is situated in Germany.

A good job, indeed, HW!

Btw... Angelo... nice t-shirt! What size is that?! I want one too! (or three!!!)
Honestly we know nothing about this website or this company .I have been on the phone with jack and the rest of the crew and they know nothing about it but also because of restrictions in china with certain websites they can't access so they cant see what its all about .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #4415
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

translating from the eu website...

"CN is for Media Development Partnership of general distribution of all products of the company Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.. in Europe. It is a widely diversified range of brushless controllers and accessories for model in the fields of air, car and boat. Dealer inquiries please provide e-mail to info@hobbywing.eu and attach your scanned business license. You can also use the form below:"

???
Old 03-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #4416
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Honestly we know nothing about this website or this company .I have been on the phone with jack and the rest of the crew and they know nothing about it but also because of restrictions in china with certain websites they can't access so they cant see what its all about .

regards Angelo
PM'd you

Link to UK 1s ESC News.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8872955-post25.html

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-28-2011 at 01:55 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #4417
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

regards Angelo
Hm.... the http://www.hobbywing.eu Development&Media is pretty much look's like Lutach work's again.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 AM   #4418
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, what is the most common adjustment to reduce motor temps?

I was pulling the car off at 120*C yesterday!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:30 AM   #4419
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys

I've just bought an Xtreme Stock ESC & 2 in 1 card for my sons Tamiya 416 that we race here in the UK. The motor is a Nosram 13.5

I would like some advice/tips on setup and usage. I've tried to go through this forum post, but TBH, it's a bit too long

I've got the software from HW and updated the ESC, so I now have USB v1.63, and ESC V3.0_110119STOCK. Is this the best or most up to date software?

What would be a good starting point for the settings running on an outdoor tarmac track (Eastbourne) that is fairly small and technical?
digga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #4420
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris View Post

Personslly... DDRS first (lower number), then start RPM (higher), then boost ramp speed (slower)

Next question though is, what motor?

Ed
Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #4421
Tech Regular

x12 10.5

I was running at Halifax, Ed, you know that it's just full throttle all the way round!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #4422
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
Hm.... the http://www.hobbywing.eu Development&Media is pretty much look's like Lutach work's again.
Irgo, what's this story with Lutach? Let us know.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #4423
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

your motor get's 120C Throw it away, you have melted Stator,
and adjusting Setting's will not help you, it's "Well Done"!
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #4424
Tech Champion

Quote:
x12 10.5

I was running at Halifax, Ed, you know that it's just full throttle all the way round!
for an X12, sounds like your only 20 above usual... ran my X12 close to 90-95 all last year, never faded.

Other thing to check is that the 4dot (-10) insert is in, then look at the settings as above. Seriously contemplate dropping the DDRS down... i haven't really noticed a huge difference going from 9 to 1 in performance, and the motor is cooler.

HiH
Ed
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #4425
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashrevolution View Post
your motor get's 120C Throw it away, you have melted Stator,
and adjusting Setting's will not help you, it's "Well Done"!
see my above post... the X12 is a special case amongst motors... can take that sort of temp all day long.
I've still got the one I ran all last year, and distinctly remember it coming off the track at Cotswolds 115C every single run... still didn't fade, and still runs strong!