R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 AM   #4396
Tech Fanatic

Default Hobbywing News

Angelo any news about the Motor ?
i just got news from Michael, the next Firmware would be added RPM Log Function.

Tear's of Pride
Good Luck Hobbywingers, you are the Chosen one.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #4397
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
ok Guys

Yes there is a V3 esc which is in design phase and expected time of release will be Sep maybe later 2011.

All i can say is i do have photos of the unit but cannot post .

features will be

New method of programming so we dont violate patents .
We will delete the external switch and have the switch built into the esc .
The led's will be on the top surface area of the esc near the switch so you can see the errors when they occur .
Smaller footprint
Positive and Negative wiring will be together so you dont get tangle with the motor phases and more...

The programming method i cannot reveal as we will have others trying to place patents especially in the USA to keep us out of the US .until we have completed our patent paperwork we will not reveal the method of programming for protection reasons but i can tell you there will be two methods and both will hold patents.we will lock the technology nice and tight to punish the ones who try and punish us for the future .what do they say two can play the same game lol.

Ill keep you all informed with the progress.
WIll it have a 1S BEC (voltage booster)?
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #4398
Tech Adept

Default 211 vs 224 - what are the differences

I am using 224 firmware - and am quite impressed.

I am told that 211 is the latest firmware - what's the difference? Is 211 better per se.

I was using 224 with an SP v3 - very good - also good with corally red - problem is I need a brca legal motor.

I intend to get the HW 13.5 (i was borrowing the SP v3)

please let me have your impressions
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #4399
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohan View Post
I am using 224 firmware - and am quite impressed.

I am told that 211 is the latest firmware - what's the difference? Is 211 better per se.

I was using 224 with an SP v3 - very good - also good with corally red - problem is I need a brca legal motor.

I intend to get the HW 13.5 (i was borrowing the SP v3)

please let me have your impressions
Well, I am a 1224, and a 211 Fan

Basiclly, the difference in the versions is 211 has more steps to get your setup just right. It also has some more options for bring the turbo and boost ramp in (different slope rates).
When coming off of the throttle quickly,the 211 is alittle smoother, and doesnt have the drag brake effect.

I also (but others may disagree), that 211 is making more power with stock motors. I use the novak 17.5, and 119 was a dog, but 211 has worked out quite well. I have been able to pick up acouple of tenths on the track, and the battery doesnt drop off at the end of the race.

Shawn.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #4400
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
i just got news from Michael, the next Firmware would be added RPM Log Function.

Tear's of Pride

I hope not! If the FW ever had a rpm log in it, then I will need to bring a laptop to the track to bench race with all the tekin guys. Geesh, I really enjoy having the programming box in my pocket when I goto the track, just to remind people RC Car racing shouldnt be Formula1 racing. (unless you are racing an F1 car. :-) )
As long as HW keeps using the 2in1, (or something similar), then I am pretty happy, as I already bring enough stuff to the track, and dont plan on bringing a laptop.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #4401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
I hope not! If the FW ever had a rpm log in it, then I will need to bring a laptop to the track to bench race with all the tekin guys. Geesh, I really enjoy having the programming box in my pocket when I goto the track, just to remind people RC Car racing shouldnt be Formula1 racing. (unless you are racing an F1 car. :-) )
As long as HW keeps using the 2in1, (or something similar), then I am pretty happy, as I already bring enough stuff to the track, and dont plan on bringing a laptop.

Cheers,
Shawn.
agreed!

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #4402
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post

Cheers,
Shawn.
Shawn the 2 in 1 programmer is what made Hobbywing and it will not be going anywhere anyday soon thats for sure .The ones who want to use the RPM LOG they can bring there laptops to the track but the 2 in 1 is here to stay that i guarantee you .

I know Spectrum brought out the telemerty system and to be honest over at the world titles in Thailand 1/8th off road not one person was using it plus at the titc i also didnt see anyone using any telemetry system but actually were only using the internet lol.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #4403
Tech Elite

Quote:

Tear's of Pride
I havent spoken to michael about when the rpm log would be ready.since he told you then great as for me rpm log is not important my main concern is the us market and the method of programming thats all .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #4404
Tech Elite

Quote:

Tear's of Pride
The motors are with Roar but i havent heard anything yet .
Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #4405
Tech Addict

Hello guys !

I need tips to get the most out of my ESC . I have done my first year of competitive racing in our control class with 13T Ezrun brushless combos . I finished 3rd in the season and want to go higher this year I'll be running the same class this year , so I want to set-up the ESC nicely via program card . I have the 35A Turborix ESC and by our rules only the timing must remain in the factory value . We run on 2 tracks : one VERY fast ( for 1/5th and 1/8th scale) which is mostly full throttle ( so I'd like to gain the most outright speed ) and the other is very technical .

Thanks in advance
UrabusDenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #4406
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hi what is the diffrence between the 518 and the new software thankyou
Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #4407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
I havent spoken to michael about when the rpm log would be ready.since he told you then great as for me rpm log is not important my main concern is the us market and the method of programming thats all .
don't you wish you never ever said anything about this 'rpm log'

this thread has turned into a where is my this, where is that, I want, I want.

to guys who want an rpm log, GO GET YOURSELF A SENTRY OR OTHER DATA LOGGER, AND STOP WASTING SPACE ON THIS PRECIOUS THREAD!!!!

Or get yourself a GM which has highest recorded rpm, and be 0.5sec off the pace haha
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #4408
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

posting this here as this thread is more active.

Weird Problem!

Both Hobbywing ESC's I have give the same problem, when plugged in, sometimes on powerup, there is no power powering the receiver - no lights, no steering. But the fan ontop of the ESC is spinning fine.

However, if I unplug my transponder from the ESC, then power comes back to the servo and I get drive again. If I plug the transponder back in, then the power to the receiver stops :S!

Now this first appeared on my extreme stock a few months back (so it got put in the pit box) and I started using my SP2.0lpf again trouble free with no issues at all. Then my new 120a got put in the car yesterday and did a full days practice with no problems (using 119 mod). Today I had 119 stock on the esc and the problems started with this ESC.

It seems to much of a coincidence that my 2 Hobbywing ESC's brought 4 months apart have the same problem that seems so-far unfixable and completely random. If this was a regional or national event I would have missed my final!!!.

Any help or suggestions?

Electronics:
IP 5000 40C Lipo
Savox lpf servo
DSM2 Spektrum receiver
Hobbywing extreme or 120a v2.1
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #4409
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post

Weird Problem!

Both Hobbywing ESC's I have give the same problem, when plugged in, sometimes on powerup, there is no power powering the receiver - no lights, no steering. But the fan ontop of the ESC is spinning fine.

However, if I unplug my transponder from the ESC, then power comes back to the servo and I get drive again. If I plug the transponder back in, then the power to the receiver stops :S!

Now this first appeared on my extreme stock a few months back (so it got put in the pit box) and I started using my SP2.0lpf again trouble free with no issues at all. Then my new 120a got put in the car yesterday and did a full days practice with no problems (using 119 mod). Today I had 119 stock on the esc and the problems started with this ESC.

It seems to much of a coincidence that my 2 Hobbywing ESC's brought 4 months apart have the same problem that seems so-far unfixable and completely random. If this was a regional or national event I would have missed my final!!!.

Any help or suggestions?

Electronics:
IP 5000 40C Lipo
Savox lpf servo
DSM2 Spektrum receiver
hi,
have you tried the speed controllers with a diffrent reciver.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #4410
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post

Weird Problem!

Any help or suggestions?

Electronics:
IP 5000 40C Lipo
Savox lpf servo
DSM2 Spektrum receiver
Running a glitch buster on the receiver?