R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #4381
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Angelo bring up the flag.

it's been Confirmed!
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #4382
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
Angelo bring up the flag.

it's been Confirmed!

Irgo brother i dont know anything about the V3 but as for a bug in the software there is no bug michael never included the delay for his own reason which i haven't been told .

Ok Irgo just for you it's a bug actually a mosquito lol
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #4383
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Irgo brother i dont know anything about the V3 but as for a bug in the software there is no bug michael never included the delay for his own reason which i haven't been told .

Ok Irgo just for you it's a bug actually a mosquito lol
ha,..ha,..
you are funny.. guy
Thank's Angelo.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #4384
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

what function or parameter should i change for get infield power ?
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #4385
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
what function or parameter should i change for get infield power ?
Depends on what you are running and what your setup is.

I have been gearing up, and having my boost start at higher rpms to keep the timing lower, at low rpms making more torque.


You should post your setup, and give us some more information, and people here can make some opions.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #4386
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Depends on what you are running and what your setup is.

I have been gearing up, and having my boost start at higher rpms to keep the timing lower, at low rpms making more torque.


You should post your setup, and give us some more information, and people here can make some opions.
o.k .. setup here .. 10.5t motor esc HW 120A 2.1
Track size 120Feet
FDR 7.2

Drrs - 9
boost timing 40
Turbo timing 26 (default)
Delay 0.1s
Slope 6/0.1s
boost acc 350

how my setup ?.. infield feeling lack punch
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #4387
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,005
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
o.k .. setup here .. 10.5t motor esc HW 120A 2.1
Track size 120Feet
FDR 7.2

Drrs - 9
boost timing 40
Turbo timing 26 (default)
Delay 0.1s
Slope 6/0.1s
boost acc 350

how my setup ?.. infield feeling lack punch
Mine's

Drrs - 7
boost timing 30
Turbo timing 30 (default)
Delay 0.1s
Slope 18/0.1s
boost acc 300

FDR 7.0~7.3

Depends on your motor too..Whatever it is, I don't listen to hype(s) regarding to what motor is best.
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:24 AM   #4388
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

ok Guys

Yes there is a V3 esc which is in design phase and expected time of release will be Sep maybe later 2011.

All i can say is i do have photos of the unit but cannot post .

features will be

New method of programming so we dont violate patents .
We will delete the external switch and have the switch built into the esc .
The led's will be on the top surface area of the esc near the switch so you can see the errors when they occur .
Smaller footprint
Positive and Negative wiring will be together so you dont get tangle with the motor phases and more...

The programming method i cannot reveal as we will have others trying to place patents especially in the USA to keep us out of the US .until we have completed our patent paperwork we will not reveal the method of programming for protection reasons but i can tell you there will be two methods and both will hold patents.we will lock the technology nice and tight to punish the ones who try and punish us for the future .what do they say two can play the same game lol.

Ill keep you all informed with the progress.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:35 AM   #4389
Tech Adept
 
toby333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
o.k .. setup here .. 10.5t motor esc HW 120A 2.1
Track size 120Feet
FDR 7.2

Drrs - 9
boost timing 40
Turbo timing 26 (default)
Delay 0.1s
Slope 6/0.1s
boost acc 350

how my setup ?.. infield feeling lack punch
Hello smilekt, you forgot one crucial parameter here and that's your boost start rpm. And your turbo delay is too short for my liking (however a gentle slope), try .3 or above and see how it feels. You have all the useable timing in your set up, which might be too much for a 10.5. Higher/more aggressive settings doesn't always make a faster car. Like Shawn says and many others, too much timing too early just bogs the motor down and creates unnecessary heat.
toby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #4390
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby333 View Post
Hello smilekt, you forgot one crucial parameter here and that's your boost start rpm. And your turbo delay is too short for my liking (however a gentle slope), try .3 or above and see how it feels. You have all the useable timing in your set up, which might be too much for a 10.5. Higher/more aggressive settings doesn't always make a faster car. Like Shawn says and many others, too much timing too early just bogs the motor down and creates unnecessary heat.
opps sorry ... start at 3000 rpm
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:54 AM   #4391
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Angelo .. Thanks ..

so V3 more power ?
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:08 AM   #4392
Tech Adept
 
toby333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilekt View Post
opps sorry ... start at 3000 rpm
Try 6000 and don't be afraid to go higher after testing. Yesterday I changed from 5000 to 7000rpm boost start with my 13.5 and had more punch and better top end because it has torque when it needs it and a higher rpm when the boost timing ends. Then your turbo should take over around that point, or thats how I try to work it anyway! Was pleased with the results.
toby333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #4393
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby333 View Post
Try 6000 and don't be afraid to go higher after testing. Yesterday I changed from 5000 to 7000rpm boost start with my 13.5 and had more punch and better top end because it has torque when it needs it and a higher rpm when the boost timing ends. Then your turbo should take over around that point, or thats how I try to work it anyway! Was pleased with the results.
Thank toby333 .. will try it ..
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:22 AM   #4394
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
Mine's

Drrs - 7
boost timing 30
Turbo timing 30 (default)
Delay 0.1s
Slope 18/0.1s
boost acc 300

FDR 7.0~7.3

Depends on your motor too..Whatever it is, I don't listen to hype(s) regarding to what motor is best.
thanks cheapskate.brok..
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 AM   #4395
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 147
Default No man is an island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I have to say, that the first time I drove the HW stock software with some suggested settings (that I think I got from here), it felt awful... like it would punch out the corner, stall, then the boost would kick in and it'd be off... very very difficult to drive smoothly, and modulate the throttle properly
If I remember rightly this was with a low boost start RPM and a high DDRS setting. I remember thinking at the time that is felt like the DDRS was giving the initial kick, and then the low start RPM robbed some of the intial boost (causing the stall).

Adjusting those settings has made the speedo a lot lot smoother to drive. Would be worth a try...

Ed
I found the same thing - I am beginning to figure out 224 firware - and that seems to be a lot better than 518 in this regard.

It's nice to know that I am kind of going the right way so to speak - as I have now decided to increase the boost rpm as well.

GEtting rid of drag brake has helped the car as well.
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0